main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Steelers vs. Browns

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jedi_master_sal, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    You guys are next!!!

The only dawgs that will be screaming next week will be the Browns feet, running after the Steelers.

heh heh

-Sal

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    You wanna talk smack?! *does the Matrix finger taunt* Come get some!

Sadly Heinz lost with Kerry, but fortunately, they'll lose again once the Squealers face the Browns!

You're goin' down!

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    EDIT: Thanks Eric. :)

Anyway...I'm especially disgusted with the Steelers since they ended the Patriots' winning streak, so I hope the Browns can put them in their place. Or at the very least make a decent effort.

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    This is the week where I'm torn between the 2 teams I love!

STEELERS destroying the Eagles was a thing of beauty! ANd to knock off 2 undefeated teams in a row had me waving my "TERRIBLE TOWEL" around the house and all the way to Beltayn's house for RPG!!!

ANd before my own people try and pelt me with dogbones...I do cheer for the BROWNS I give Garcia mega-style points for trying to drag the team past Philadelphia, and taking them into overtime...as for the Balitmore game, you gotta catch those kind of passes late in a game.

5. paxdelere

paxdelere Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    there's no point in talking smack until randy lerner realizes that davis stinks and this team has yet since '99 to address their o-line. verba and tucker are guards playing tackle, garmon is a fat body that can't block in space (so they just stunt the ends at him and he has to hold) and i'm not sure they even have a left guard on the field sometimes (enoch demar?, paul zucauscus? please!) i guess faine is ok at best.
    if they do nothing in the offseason than get healthy, draft alex barron (lt out of florida state) and maybe elton brown (g/rt can't remember where he's from) they might be 8-8 or 9-7 team next year. but this year, they are no better than last year. they basically have the same bad team. how was anyone supposed to get excited about having the same team. garcia is better than couch, but he's still learning their system. 6-10 is my prediction. (they'll beat jets because it's in cleveland, cincy b/c they stink worst, and miami b/c they are a mess).
    for those going to the game, we'll be in section 318 row 37 seats 3 and 4.
    btw, this is my first B vs S game. i bought tickets in 1995, but OOPS they decided to move so i gave away my tickets. hopefully that won't happen this time. [-o|

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Random, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I won't make any predictions to the score, but I don't see one of the teams scoring too high...(and it's not the Steelers)

BTW, Krash, did you ever listen to any of the local broadcasters here in the 'Burgh? Do you know who Myron Cope is?

He's the little fellow with the squeaky, grating voice. He's a Pittsburgh Sports Institution around here.

Anyway, he's in the hospital. He took a nasty fall Saturday night. Almost didn't make it to broadcast the gaem and had to leave at halftime. He's supposed to leave there today.

Just thought you should know, if you knew of him.

I'm going to ask what some may seem a silly or stupid question, btu I'm curious: In the event that the Steelers were to make it to the "big dance" you know what I mean, would you root for them? (Krash doesn't count since we know he would. Personaly, I'm of the mind that if my team doesn't make it then I root for any other divisional team to amke it, if not that then at least the conference champ. Call it a loyalty thing.
    In that respect, I would root for the Browns, if they were in the playoffs and the Steelers were not.

-Sal

7. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry, the only time I root for the Steelers is if they're playing the Ravens. :p

8. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    When it comes to sports, I have two favorite sports cities: Cleveland, and whoever's playing Chicago, Pittsburg, Columbus, or Cincinnatti.

9. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Geoff, have you learned nothing from Bush's victory? NOBODY LIKES A FLIP-FLOPPER!

PICK A TEAM AND GO WITH IT! :p

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    My stance is clear...Pittsburgh is a force to be reconed with, it's up to Cleveland to be the spoiler.

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    ((crosses fingers))
    There is a chance that I might get a ticket to the game Sunday! The organization that operates my teen center, got a few tickets for Sunday's game.

Daniel says he doesn't think he can go...and I asked if he would give me his ticket. Just waiting to hear back from the man (or I'll unleash my basketball team on his with orders to DESTROY them ;) )

12. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Since I am a Cowboys fan (beat the Browns this season :), lost to the Steelers :( ) I didn't really care who won the Browns-Steelers game. But after Gerard Warren's idiodic statement about wanting to go after Ben Roethlisberger's head, I now hope that the Steelers win. That, and I realy can't stand Butch Davis, so more the Browns lose the better chance that he will be gone. Then I might care a little more about the Browns (but they will never be my #1 team.)

13. paxdelere

Oct 27, 2004
    this will be the first browns-steelers game i have ever attended. listening to pregame radio and looks like the stands might get ugly today, especially if 'turkey jones II' (gerrard warren) gets a little 'elbow' room around the qb [face_beatup]
    peace
    [face_peace]

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Turns out, I DID NOT get to go to the game today...the guy from WSEM waits until 9:30AM TODAY??? to call and tell me where and when to show up??? Is he nuts?

And what is with Porter and Green getting into a fight BEFORE the game? STUPID!

15. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Well.... we were beating them for a little bit.... not suprised that we lost... not paying much attention to the game though... more watching the 2nd to last NASCAR race of the season. ;)

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    NASCAR...Gordon is in the lead!

Now...back to the topic of SPORTS ;) STEELERS WIN!!! Everything that's been gonig well for Pittsburgh held true...and everything that hasn't for the Browns did as well.

"Big Ben" is for real....get used to it. That and an offensive line, that gives Bettis and Ben (who rushed better then the Browns) the chance to pick up 1st downs...and this is what happens.

Kelly Holcomb... :eek: Not to jump on the quarterback controversy bandwagon (and it's comin') but Garcia did this to himself. The only thing dumber then going to the press and venting about how your teammates aren't getting it done, is go ing to the press and talking about how you're gonna knock out the other team's QB. And this week we did BOTH!

17. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Man I'm starting to hate the Browns. Every time I bet on them or against them, they either win or lose accordingly so I can't win. Stupid team..

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The Steeler's total domination of Ohio continues as planned...next week onto Cinci.

19. paxdelere

Oct 27, 2004
    the only game i have been to that subjected me to worse football and classless fan interaction was the browns-ravens game last year. people arrested, throwing food (peanuts mostly) and fighting in the bathrooms. fiction fandom vs sports fandom...fiction fandom wins hands down. person note...ba-bye butch.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    and classless fan interaction was the browns-ravens game last year.
    There seems to be a common factor in both cases. I mean we're the town that took PRIDE in that beer bottle incident a couple years back. I'm not saying there aren't other cities that have their share of "fans" who poorly represent their city...but ours seem to be front and center every week.

21. REBO1971

Jan 13, 2004
    not paying much attention to the game though... more watching the 2nd to last NASCAR race of the season.
    Glad to see that your priorities are right!!! NASCAR must always come before football :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NASCAR...Gordon is in the lead!

Too bad he had the pit accident :(. I am hoping that Gordon wins his fifth Cup Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. REBO1971

Jan 13, 2004
    Since I criticized Gerard Warren and Butch Davis this week, I must be fair and say something nice about the Cleveland Browns. I went to the Great Big Food Show at the IX Center on Sunday. It was a lot of fun, with demonstrations from some of the chefs from the Food Network and a lot of tasting food samples. YUMMY :)!!!!!!!! Former Brown Al "Bubba" Baker was there selling his line of BBQ sauce. He was a very nice man!!!!!!!!. My wife and I spent several minutes talking to him. He smiled the whole time and was extremely nice to us and everyone who came to his booth. Plus his sauce is really good too!!!! I bought four bottles of sauce (Honey BBQ, Spicey Honey, Steak Sauce and a Marinade) and had him autograph one of the bottles! Meeting him was one of the highlights of a really fun show!!!!!!

23. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Well since there's no chance of the Browns making it to the playoffs, I hope you root for whomever our division winner is.

-Sal
    [edit] sorry for the typo-that was not intentional no matter how it looks. funny (strange) though that the only word incorrect would be the Browns.

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Yes, I will cheer for the Steele....oh wait, you knew that ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.