main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Strike Force Bowling League - Week 3 Scores

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Who would be interested in joining one of the local Star Wars Bowling Leagues when they start up? It looks like you will get to choose one of six unique Star Wars themed bowling balls for playing in the league. Not many details yet, but check out the link.

Strike Force Bowling League

2. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

You know what's funny?

I did a search on the AMF site for locations close to my zip code, and Mt. Lebanon lanes was 11.38 miles away!

A sign?

o_O

:p

Cue the scary music,
    Yours Truly

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm interested (although a lousy bowler) but before I commit I do need to know how much, what nights are league nights, where would we bowl?

4. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    What GC said.

I suck at bowling, but it is fun.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    What Greencat said except I don't suck at bowling. I was a 180ish average league bowler in my youth. If I do sign up for this I would rather participate in the Greetree league at Noble manor Lanes. Everything is always such a drive for me and I wouldn't mind a shorter drive for once. Plus the lanes are really close to the Park Way exit for Greentree. The lanes in Mt lebanon you would have to mess around with 19.

edit: It would be cool if we could invite the PSWCS and 501st to be in the same league as us to try and get to know them better.

6. Darth_Iratus

Darth_Iratus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    11.38 miles... hmmm, Ben_ethus, go there you must. What you are looking for, find it there you will.

I suck at bowling. (Hides under table for bowling notion)

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Letting the collectors and the Imperials know about this is a good idea, Rox. Who wants to volunteer to pass the word along???

I'd be okay with bowling in Greentree. A bit of a drive for me, but if its off the Parkway exit, I'm used to driving out in that direction.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll do it. I'll write something up tomorrow and send it to the proper people.

9. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    It would be cool if each fan group could have at least one team in the league.

I was also about a 180ish bowler in my youth, but now it's another story.

10. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    I would be interested, but like it was stated before. I would like to know how much and what days before joining. Im not the greatest bowler in the world either. but it would be fun.

11. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We have a couple teams interested in playing up here. It would be cool to see each fan group across the country playing (I'm sure AMF wouldn't mind that either :p). Good Luck to you guys if you bowl! I just can't decide what ball I want... I like the Boba Fett, Princess Leia and Yoda ones.

~Doc_Bev

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I called Noble Lans today and they don't have any specific league details yet, but the person I talked to expects the price to be about $12 per week.

13. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

12 clams a week? Ooomph...

My recommendation is thus, since we're all spread out geographically: everybody who's interested simply makes up their own team of folks and plays at the lanes that are most convenient for each person in the team. If I had to guess, it'll prolly be teams of four. That would make life easier for all, I'd think.

Thinks that,
    Yours Truly

P.S. Not sure if I'm 100% down to do it up either. It'd be cool, and my average back in the day was also around 180 ( :D ), but we'll see, I reckon.

P.P.S. I'm out of town this weekend and will only be online sporadically, if much at all. Just, FYI.

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    $12 isn't really that bad. It covers three games. When I was in a league a few years ago, it was $10. And league play, if I remember correctly, isn't a year round thing, it would only last a few months.

So, assuming that the time works out okay (no way I could do something like 9:30 PM on a weekday, the latest start time I would be willing to do, especially if I had to drive out to Greentree, would be around 7:30PM) I'm in.

although I warn you all once more, I am a terrible bowler. At my best, when I had been playing in a league for two years, my average was in the 90s.

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    It's ok. That's why each team gets a handicap.

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Any more info on this?

17. dlocke

Jan 5, 2005
    my friend works @ bowling city near south hills village. I asked her if they were having the SW leagues and she said they were and that they were starting up soon. she's going to send me all the info and ill post it here as soon as I have it.

so how many are interested in starting up a team?

18. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I am interested, depending in which day its on and at what time. South Hills Village is a bit of a drive for me, though.

19. dlocke

Jan 5, 2005
    SO here's the details according to the sheat my friend gave me.....

"
    The star wars strike force collection features a special ball design from each of the six star wars episodes. Each ball comes with an exclusively designed star wars ball bag and an award certificate. Or, you can choose the jedi package which includes a life-size darth vader standee, a star wars cap and an exclusive set of six movie poster reproductions - one for each star wars episode. Previously only released to movie theaters. Its an aweesome collectible package that you can only get by bowling in the league.

The star wars strike force is fun for the whole family. Go to the amf bowling center nearest you to pre-register today and get a free star wars collectible "3-D vividvision" poster, just for signing up (while supplies last). But Hurry! Spots are limited.

AMF Star Wars Strike Force
    2 leagues choices, 2 merchandise choices
    Two short 16-week programs starting September 13, and 15th, 2005

*Adult/Youth - Tuesdays @ 6PM
    $20 - $28 per team of 2 per week
    Shoe Rental included for junior member of team only

*Adult Extreme - Thursdays @ 9PM
    $12 - $14 per person per week
    (Prices depend on choice of Package)
    Includes 3 games per session
    Ball Package includes custom Drilling

To join, Complete the form (which I have a couple) include your pre-registration fee of $25 (which will be applied to your total league fees) and drop it off @ the front desk.
    "

As of right now, I have atleast 1 other person interested in doing this. He has 2 friends that are possibly interested. Im not sure how many we can have on a team or whatever but I plan to ask my friend who works there asap. This would be at the AMF Mt. Lebanon Lanes, 1601 Washington Road.

www.mtlebanonlanes.amfcenters.com

So I plan on signing up within the next 2 weeks depending on cashflow. If anyone is interested at all let me know. I think its worth it just to get the ball. The balls look kick ass..

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm guessing since you highlighted the Thurdsay at 9PM, that's what the time you are interested in doing this.

Unfortunately, it would take me around 40 minutes to get there and the start time of 9PM would mean we would end around 11PM and I'd get home around midnight. Since I have to get up around 5:30 AM, that's just too late for me to do on a weeknight. :(

21. dlocke

Jan 5, 2005
    yeah, Thursdays is the day for me. I work till 5:30 in monroeville, I would never make it there in time. So 9:00 on thursdays is the only time I can do it.

I guess no one else is interested either.

22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I am interested in one of the leagues but I am not sure about a time and location just yet.

23. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Here are the bowling alleys in the area that are supposed to offer the league. Maybe we can split into two groups depending on location. Who else os still interested?

NEW GREAT VALLEY LANES (map)
    1501 HIGHWOOD AVENUE
    NORTH VERSAILLES, PA 15137

(412) 823-0300

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NORTH VERSAILLES LANES (map)
    475 LINCOLN HWY
    NORTH VERSAILLES, PA 15137

(412) 824-6700

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LOKAY LANES (map)
    2127 MOSSIDE BLVD
    MONROEVILLE, PA 15146

(412) 372-3046

AMF #212 NOBLE MANOR LANES (map)
    2440 NOBLESTOWN ROAD
    PITTSBURGH, PA 15205

(412) 922-4622

BRUNSWICK #380 PLAYMOR BOWL (map)
    5840 BUTTERMILK HOLLOW RD.
    PITTSBURGH, PA 15207

(412) 462-6900

PARADISE ISLAND BOWL (map)
    7601 GRAND AVE
    NEVILLE ISLAND, PA 15225

(412) 264-6570

AMF #211 MT LEBANON LANES (map)
    1601 WASHINGTON ROAD
    PITTSBURGH, PA 15228

(412) 854-0600

FUNFEST ENTERTAINMENT CENTER (map)
    2525 FREEPORT RD
    PITTSBURGH, PA 15238

(412) 828-1100

24. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm interested, but only if we can find early evenings . . .

the lanes nearest me are the North Versailles, Lokay Lanes, and Funfest. Brunswick and Noble Manor Lanes are reasonable close also.

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I am interedsted in either of these ones: NOBLE MANOR, PARADISE ISLAND BOWL (they have a awesome outdoor beach bar in the back HIGHLY RECCOMENDED)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.