main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Stuff the Bus 4 Salvation Army 12/6/2008 in Overland Park, KS

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Tantive4, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tantive4

Tantive4 Jedi Master

Jul 18, 2006
    Hey gang, we got invited to this GREAT cause! The other 2 "costume" groups in town are gonna be there, as well as our "in house" Lucasfilm Licensed artist Darryl Woods!

I know I am going (when I am not sure) but it would be great to see many of you this weekend if you can drop in and donate even the simplest of toys... (lots of Clone wars figures still available 4 sale ! lol wink wink!)

Anyway...here are the details (cut and pasted from our site...)

Below are the details. Costumes are NOT required. If you can volunteer for any amount of time, please post in this thread. thanks!

Name of Event: Stuff the Bus for The Salvation Army
    Event Begins: Sat, Dec 6, 2008 11:00 am
    Event Ends: Sat, Dec 6, 2008 06:00 pm
    Location of Event:
    Toys R' Us
    11610 W 95th st.
    Overland Park, KS

Way the event is connected to Star Wars: Charity event

Will there be a place for troopers to change? Yes

Will there be a secure place for troopers to store their storage tubs while trooping the event? Yes

Will family/friends be allowed to attend the event? Yes

Are cameras allowed and can we take pictures at the event? Yes

Are weapons allowed on the costumes? Yes

Is there a special place to park at the event? Does parking cost? In the parking lot out front

If appropriate, can we have a table with flyers and information about the 501st/70th Explorers? Yes

Are Rebel Legion/Jedi Assembly/FanForce costumed members requested too? Yes

How many costumed members are requested? As many as possible

Will lodging be provided by the local troopers for garrison members travelling a great distance? no

Additional information or comments: We will be set up out front of the Overland Park Toys R' Us. Asking for toy donations to "Stuff the Bus". The Salvation Army is floored about this event, and is giving us any help possible. I will be going to Oak Park Mall and Toys R Us on "Black Friday" in costume to pass fliers out for the event which is the following weekend. All the toys collected in this event will be passed out between 4 different Salvation Army branches. Due to our current economy and people not donating they are in terrible shape as far as Christmas is looking. The Media also contacts them regularly during the Holiday season looking to cover their events so they are saying this will most definitely be covered by at least one TV station.
    This is a 7 hour event and Im not expecting anyone to last the entire day, so if you can come later or earlier thats fine.
    Im asking Rebel Legion to participate, and HOTA, the local Fanforce to come out to help handle toys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.