main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Subtle Gestures" in AOTC Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Sister_Sola, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I love the:
    -smug smile Dooku gives when Mace interrupts his party.
    -look Padmé gives when Cliegg describes what happened to Shmi.
    -possessed look Dooku has when he says: "I've become more powerful than any Jedi!"
    -hint of sarcasm when Obi-Wan says "possibly" to Anakin.
    -way Obi-Wan fidgets a bit when Anakin and Padmé are brought out in front of him in the arena, almost as if he;s getting his tongue ready for more sarcastic quips.
    -way Padmé closes her eyes (it's longer than a blink) after she kisses Anakin in the end, almost as if she's thinking about her decision.

2. Syynta-Haza

Syynta-Haza Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2004
    My favourite is during the Mace/Jango fight the Reek charges at Mace and he cuts off it`s horn.Thank God for slow motion on DVD players,lol.

3. obidaman99

obidaman99 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 12, 1999
    I like "Jedi business, go back to your drinks". Kind of shows that Anakin is proud and thinks he is the most important person in the place because he is a Jedi.

I also like when Anakin cuts the power cable during the Dooku duel. (I've heard this mentioned before on the board) He prefers to fight in the dark, showing his true nature.

I also can't believe that I didn't pick up on the ending parallel at the end of the movie. ANH and TPM have parallel endings and AOTC and ESB have parallel endings, Anakin and Padme looking away from camera with 3po and r2 standing to the side. It must have been subtle, because I had seen ESB about 20 times and didn't pick up on it until someone mentioned it to me.

4. darththunderbird

darththunderbird Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    i like when anakin says hopefully and smiling "stay with me, mom, everythings gonna be---and then gets misty as he realizes its not gonna be ok

the little squirm moment between anakin and padme during the fireplace scene...almost like padme wants to kiss him but gets the better of herself, or is just plain uncomfortable

anakins eyes whenever he looks at padme....mmm ...very intense

how whenever anyone questions anakin being a jedi, or comments on him being just a padawan, he gets agitated and we see a peek of vader

obiwan's "good job"

after anakin says "negotiations with a lightsabre" he hesitates to see her reaction...you can tell hes trying to impress her

many other moments...but these stand out in my mind

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This thread makes me happy. I always notice little things and I hate that people bash needlessly on the PT without taking the time to stop and smell the roses, as it were.

It's late so I'll need to watch AOTC again (darn ;)) and come back with more... but I have to say that one of my very favourite SW moments in the whole saga is in the arena on Geonosis. Now I know this has been mentioned before, but I have to reitterate. When Obi-Wan throws the spear at the Acklay, he has this look of "Yes, take that!" on his face. Then cut the Acklay easily breaking it in half and Obi-Wan gets this distinct "Oh ****" look on his face, and promptly turns tail and runs (wisely ;)). This is a bit that every time I see it I am so grateful to have Ewan playing my favourite OT character in the PT :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

6. doctoryoda

doctoryoda Jedi Master star 7

Jan 18, 2004
    My favorite is when Obiwan and anakin run into the hanger and when the gunship blows up, you see a clone getting shot and falling off the edge.

7. Spare_Parts

Spare_Parts Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    When Dooku walks into the room where Obi Wan is being held captive watch the Geneosian standing guard. He stands to attention and his eyes follow Dooku as he walks past him. I always laugh when I see this, the guard looks like he's trying to impress Dooku, while Dooku just takes no notice of the poor fellow and just strides right past him. LOL

8. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    ^^^^^

Continuing from that, as soon as Dooku is past him the Geonosian gives him the "well **** you then!" look.

Hilarious

9. jariten

jariten Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    another dooku moment-

as hes being chased in the speeder he presses a button to send those ships against the jedi gunship, and he also raises his hand to wave them away in that brilliant, non chalant almost bored kind of way.

and

when jango launches himself into the arena, dooku barely registers it, like "hmmm?"

10. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Might have been mentioned before........the LOOK Anakin gives Owen when he walks by carrying his mother. Wow, intense.

Its like he is saying, "You wimps could have prevented this."

This was a shot from one of the trailers. First time I saw it, I knew Hayden WAS Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.