main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Sunday October 16th: First Fanforce Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by vampyregodz, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vampyregodz

vampyregodz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    Hey Gang

We will once again be opening our house up for a true fanforce meeting on Sunday the 16th...lets say 2:00pm till....whenever...anyone wishing to come early you are more than welcome!

This will be a back to the true meaning of the fanforce gathering...Fanfilms will be played, we will be conducting another leather workshop for those interested, any props you may be working on please bring them, if anyone else would like to hold a workshop thats great, we will also be discussing SW, Lucas, etc...

I figured PIzza would be the meal of the day so please bring a few bucks to throw in towards the Pizza's and if you can bring some Soda's or other beverage for drinky poo!

If you have any questions PM me or email at vampyregodz (@) yahoo.com (no spaces and () of course)

The last leather workshop was allot of fun, Matt and Annie made some awesome Jedi Belts! Guys if you have pics of them please post...best of all, you dont need anytghing to make them, i have TONS of leather at the house...so just bring your ideas of what you would like...

Have a great day and see all who can make it Sunday

2. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    Also, for thos that are not into props, I am bringing along some of my SW games; monopoly, trivial persuit, battleship, ect. so we can have some SW gaming, I dont own any RPG's so if anyone wants to do that, please bring your game along.
    I am going to bring my photo almum along, everybody, bring pics, I have some nice pics of my collection, so collectors, get those pics developed and bring your pride and joys along! Got extras? Bring them too, we get enough people we can have a swap meet.
    This is about ALL Star Wars, for ALL types of fans!
    See ya there!
    Later

3. I_heart_Fetts

I_heart_Fetts Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2005
    Yay! I don't have to drive an hour! Jamie and I will certainly be there. Is there any chance we could do a lightsaber workshop? If not at this one, then one in the future?

4. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Sure thing! This is a list of the parts you'll need and where to get them for the lightsaber style like I carry around:

1 1/2" X 12" sink tailpiece x1 (Lowe's)
    Set of PYLON # 24 rubber wiper refills x1 (Wal-Mart)
    Length of 1 1/4" PVC, 160 psi rated x1 (Lowe's)
    Pack of ELCO 1" D-rings (picture hanging equipment) x1 (Ace Hardware)
    1 3/8" Metal hole plug x1 (Lowe's)
    # 10 X 1" Thumbscrew x1 (Lowe's)
    # 10 hexnut x1 (Lowes)
    # 8 brass knurled nut x1 (Lowe's)
    Rubber beveled faucet washer, approx. 1/2" diameter x1 (Lowe's)
    1 1/4" rubber slip joint washer x1 (Lowe's)
    Plastic Fujifilm 35mm film canister x1 (any film developer)
    20-pin low profile socket RS#276-1991 x1 (Radio Shack)
    Can of black, spray on "Plasti-dip"(Lowe's)

We can also make an "Anakin" style with the same parts, they are very similar.
    You only need one of each as noted above, but it would be wise to get at least two of each just in case, that's what I did on my first one and actually ended up with two whole sabers.
    I'll be bringing along some miscelaneous tools, my grinder and rivet gun for all to use. It would be nice if some people picked up a box of rivets, trust me, they go fast. And bring along your dremmels if you have them.
    Also, the knobs are great if you want to do the prequel style of belt clip, personally I go with a more classic style keychain clip, that can be found in the automotive section of Walmart real cheap.
    Lightsaber building is more personal creativity than craft, I built this one following directions on a sight called "lightsabers from the big yellow box", after building two of these, we started to make them out of our imagination.
    Thats it people, get shopping!!!
    Later

5. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Whens the next gathering? I really wish i could make this one, but i cant due to travel plans. Keep me posted!

6. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
    Not sure yet Jace but I am sure there will be one in November :)

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Please note that the FF is online based and any meeting of fans is not official only social. Since this is a public site, it is monitored by TFN staff with a city rep. to watch over the board.

At this time there is no oficial structure and only fans having fun with Star Wars...
    thanks

8. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks for the list of lightsaber making supplies, Bert! I think I'll take your advice and get 2 of everything, just in case.

9. Xyber_Hex

Xyber_Hex Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2004

Enough with the disclaimers and enough with the crap.
    Seriously.
    Some people are moving on and going to enjoy themselves, get over it and either enjoy or leave it alone.
    No more board nazi stuff please.

As for the topic at hand, it sounds like a good time but work has to come first unfortunately.

10. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
    Marie is right in the fact that this is not an "Official Meeting" it is a get together of friends and new people to come and have fun SW related so i understand her point although i believe everyone knows that!

11. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
  12. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Two days to go, who's coming? Anybody bringing any games or want to do a swap meet?
    Later

13. Darth_Lego_Maul

Jul 30, 2005
    Alison and I will be there. As far as games, you said that you already have Star Wars Trivial Pursuit covered, and that is the only one I have (besides my Xbox games). We will be bringing the supplies you listed that we need to make lightsabers. Besides that, I'm up for anything. Pizza sounds good, and we'll bring some drinks (soda, or whatever sounds good). If anyone has any requests, let me know.

14. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Sounds good, I was about to ask what we should so for food. Pot luck or everybody bring a couple of $ for pizza? Joe, Sheila, what say you?
    Later

15. TK-3150

TK-3150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm down for whatever. I may be running a little late as my band is leading worship for both services in "grown up church" sunday. But I should be able to cut out by noon. Other than that, it all depends on traffic, etc. Oh, and I still need directions from Port Richey. As far as games go, I can bring what meager Star Wars Miniatures I have. If for nothing else, just to spread the addiction, lol. And I am bringing all my armor, pack, and stuff for mine and my son's costumes. Lemme know if I need anything else!

16. Hopkins9482

Hopkins9482 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and some new ones too...I should be there!

17. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
    if anyone wants to brings snacks thats cool, but i think we can all chip in a few bucks and order a few pizzas :) see ya'll Sunday

18. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Hey Gary, please bring those mimis along! Leighann and I have been curious about them, havent seen them anywhere and will probably get into them!
    Later

19. Darth_Lego_Maul

Jul 30, 2005
    I have heard that the Star Wars Miniatures are very addictive, so I'd like to see them too. There's always room for another Star Wars addiction. Oh, and I'll bring some snacks, too.

20. TK-3150

Sep 10, 2005
    Notta problem, bringing the minis and stuff. Should be there by 2pm I believe. It takes me a little over 2 hours to get to Disney from my house, so I should be there lickity split!

21. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
    we are 50 min before disney...

22. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I got some of the mini's at C3.

23. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I won't be able to make it to this gathering...I have surprise out of town company and have been asked to work another flu clinic. (just not enought time) Sorry to miss seeing you all...keep me posted on other get togethers.
    Thnaks

24. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Not trying to create any more problems, but throw out an idea here,

Since there is another contingency here that has more than 3 people who wish to congregate and should have their own place to post and commune. It only takes 3 members and 3 meetings to become an offical fanforce chapter. It only requires posting to HAMA to iniate a new message board and to represent a diffent city ie. Plant City, Valrico, Brandon area. Then those who wish to participate with the Tampa group or the East County group will be able to do so without stepping on each others' toes. It is obvious that this group is going in 2 different directions with 2 different camps. I for one do not want to give up the fanforce, but also do not wish to continue to participate with the other contingency. You can elect your own City Rep and set up your own structure. Please consider this when you meet on the 16th.

25. TK-3150

Sep 10, 2005
    The way I understand it this isn't a "camp" or structured fanforce group. This meeting/workshop is just a bunch of Star Wars fans from all over the Tampa Bay area getting together, without structure, and learning from each other and having fun. The main problem with it being specific to a city is that some of us live out in the middle of nowhere. Tampa Bay is nonspecific and generic to this general are. Plant City, Brandon, Spring Hill, etc. limit the people who want to participate. No structure, no elected positions, just fans hanging out together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.