main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Super Mario Super Thread!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Nailbiter, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Yep, and from what I have seen, Fludd isn't an acronym (and if it is, I have yet to see what it is... hasn't been mentioned in the game OR in the booklet).

-Jomero

2. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I have

5 Sunshine Stars
    15 Blue coins -10 (Used on a Sunshine Star)

!!!

3. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Ah, so they changed it from the Japanese version.

4. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    F.L.U.D.D stands for something. Go to the Mario Sunshine website and play that goop-cleaning game. It'll tell you what its called. I can't go now because I'm at school.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It is an acronym- listen to FLUDD when you get him, he says the whole name (Fluid (blank) Dispensing Device or something like that).

Also, it's a nice touch that FLUDD was made by the scientist from Luigi's Mansion.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, for the first couple stages the game was pretty decent...but now that I've gotten to the Mecha-Bowser stage, this is definately a great game now! THat stage is so cool! ::)

7. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    At this point I have 26 shines and I've accessed Yoshi as well. It's a good game, but I was really hoping for some more breathtaking environments after the huge worlds of Mario 64.

8. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    Wha? These worlds are thrice the size of the ones in Mario 64, some even larger than that! Take a real, real good look at the levels in SMS and then go back to Mario 64. Your brain is tricking you.

They only don't seem as big just because you can see a lot farther than 20 feet in front of you.

-Jomero

9. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    It's all about the Blooper surfing, baby! :cool:

10. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    The levels seem bigger but seriously, it's not that much better graphically than Mario 64. They just went back and picked up some gapping holes in the graphics. But at least you can actually ride Yoshi in this one right?

11. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Well, I said I was hoping for breathtaking levels. The four levels I've played are decent at best. I was hoping for something closer to extraordinary, like Mario 64's levels. Those levels were huge for the time and very complex. These... these are just nice looking and large, but nothing special about them, imo.

12. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    I swear the people who keep comparing this to Mario 64 graphically or level-wise have NOT played Mario 64 recently.

-Jomero

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, I rescued Yoshi to unlock him, and I've gone and eaten the pineapple blocking the one stage entrance, but after accidentally entering that stage, I no longer can find Yoshi in the main Delfino village- where can you get him back? His egg isn't on the roof where it regenerated when I previously killed Yoshi in the village area.

14. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    The2ndQuest, Yoshi should be back on top of that building when you go back, either leaving and then coming back or restarting. BTW, I got 70 Shines so far baby, I need 50 more...to totally find every shine!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yoshi should be back on top of that building when you go back, either leaving and then coming back or restarting.

He's not ::(

16. neeldawg66

Mar 21, 2002
    complete the 7th level of every board you have been to then.

17. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I just bought Sunshine a few days ago. I'm enjoying it very much, though the whole idea of collecting shines is a little too similar to Mario 64 for my liking. However, the graphics are wonderful (much better than Mario 64, in my opinion) and it seems like a great game so far.

I have a question: is it possible to leave one of the levels and return to the main Delfino area (I forget the name) without getting a shine or killing yourself?

18. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Hey, I just got the game 2 days ago and its great!
    The main area is Delfino Plaza, and FLUDD stands for something Liquid something Dousing Device. He says it when you first meet.

19. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "I have a question: is it possible to leave one of the levels and return to the main Delfino area (I forget the name) without getting a shine or killing yourself?"

Can't you press start and select exit stage? Or is that only in those weird pure platforming levels?

Anyway, I got it Thursday, I've been playing it off and on daily and I only have about 14 shines. Very fun though.

20. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Got it last night... 20 Shines so far. Yoshi's pretty cool. But how come I can't change his color to green by making him eat fruits? I can make him just about every other color...

21. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    Yeah, I have like 44 Shines and got the game on Friday. :D

22. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    [face_shocked]
    Wow, 44 shines in a few days, I'm impressed. I must be the only person here who finds this game to be somewhat difficult. I've had it for over a week and I'm at 21 shines. Oh well, it's still fun.

The similarities to Super Mario 64 don't bother me since I never owned a Nintendo 64.

23. neeldawg66

Mar 21, 2002
    I got it last Tues. and I am at 90 shines. I beat the final boss, but there are still 30 more shines out there, at least that's what I read before.

24. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    "Wow, 44 shines in a few days, I'm impressed. I must be the only person here who finds this game to be somewhat difficult. I've had it for over a week and I'm at 21 shines. Oh well, it's still fun."

Nah, I just played a whole lot on the weekend.

25. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..hmm.. i'm at a modest 6 shines and 26 Blue Coins... (I've been wandering around wasting my time finding all the blue coins i can..)

I just finished off Petey the Piranha for the second time...

Fun little (little? HA!) game.. I'm alternating between this one and "The Thing" for the PS2.. When i get frustrated with one, i switch to the other..