main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Super Star Wars and Yoda Stories

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Senator_Cilghal, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Wii's Classic Controller emulates the feel and button layout of an SNES pad, if that helps any.

2. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Quest is right. I was still able to blow through the original Super Mario Bros. in under six minutes, so I couldn't particularly tell that I lost in finesse with the new controller, the sole exception being Street Figher 2. Those Shoryukens don't seem to roll of as well as they used to. :(

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, with the original SMB you can just use the wiimote on it's side since it emulates an NES controller naturally. But for SNES and above you need the Classic Controller.

4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Nintendo is coming out with a redesigned classic controller, in Japan at least. Not sure if they're releasing it in America, but just mentioning it, in case anyone prefers to wait. A Gamecube controller should work too... I think, but I bought a Classic Controller exactly for situations like this.

Well, downloaded the game from Virtual Console and... it is just as fun and frustrating as I remember. I'm definitely looking forward to when they release Super ESB and RotJ, which should be in the next month or so (I think I read that somewhere)>

5. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Word is that, as with the black Wii, America isn't getting the Classic Controller Pro.

6. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Is it just me, or does this sound like Yoda Stories? Perhaps in ESB we see only a small portion of Luke's training, but in YS we see much more. :D

[EDIT] Apparently, Grey1 agrees with me over in the comic thread itself.

7. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    You can't connect that to a PC though, can you? Or do they have those games available on the Wii? Because I'm hanging out at my in-laws currently and they have a Wii....

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    The first game, Super Star Wars, is now available for download for the Nintendo Wii, and has been since Monday. I think the other two (Super ESB and RotJ) are supposed to come out in the next few weeks too. You just need to go online with the Wii, go to the shop channel, you'll probably need a charge card to pay for the game (or you can buy a Wii points card from some game shop), go to the Virtual Console and it should be there for download. And its definitely worth the download, I think. Should cost about $8 (the equivalent of 800 points).

The Classic Controller is something that connects to the Wiimote, though its not packaged with a Wii, so you'll probably have to go out and buy it. Its pretty much shaped like a SNES controller, with few more joysticks and buttons, as its meant to be used for all the old games available on the Wii NES, SNES, N64 and a few other systems). Or an old Gamecube controller might work too, I think, but the Classic Controller is much closer to the old SNES design.

9. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I may have to consider doing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.