main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SUPERMAN RETURNS

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by NivekSkywalker, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    No way! The one from Smallville is very sassy & fun. Kate lack of all that int this movie. i think that she need to get more weight :p j/k

2. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    will Smallville have a panel at comic con? hopefully someone from Smallville will be there.

3. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    i've seen the movie twice, and having given your comment some thought, and those particular scenes even more thought, i tend to think that you cannot have enough close-ups of any part of superman... [face_blush]

4. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    i have to agree with the lois lane comment. she was NOT AT ALL fit for the role i think, altho i am a mere fan. it didn't feel like i was watching lois. she wasn't funny and didn't get herself into trouble like margot did. kate also had the demeanor of a very bitter and very unhappy person, which i understand is part of how she must feel with his absence and all, but it was so extreme that she was not lovable and the character was even unrecognizable.

also what is up with the flat frizzy bland hair? goes to show, when you need a feisty brunette, you better just go get a real one. ;)

5. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Real quick, just as us folks who are passionate about SW post on TF.N, the same folks passionate about Superman post on:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

All the topics, pros and cons about the movie, have been deeply discussed in these forums.

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Frankly I don't care for any current screen versions of Lois Lane. The only good ones were Noel Neill, Phylis Coates and the one in the cuurent animated adventures.

7. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    MARGOT RULED!

"How many t's are in bloodletting?"

"Two. Watcha writing Miss Lane?"

"An Ode to Spring...how do you spell massacre?"

I freely admit to being a Margot-Lois gusher!

8. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000

[face_praying] Kristen Kreuk =P~

9. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    KK will be at comic con??? that's it i'm standing in line first thing on preview night hehehehe

10. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    lol, I meant IF there was a panel and IF there was one person from Smallville, I'd hope it would be Kristen Kreuk. Sorry to get ya all rilled up like that! lol

11. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    hehehe no problem. it would really be something to have the big 3 of smallville there (welling,kruek,n rossenbaum) but what are the odds of that happeneing?

12. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I've been meaning to post this for a while. I really liked the movie, although I do agreee that some things could've been better. I liked how it made Superman more of an outsider, and showed how he feels when he's alone - that he isn't one of us, and that he's trying to find his place. There was also more of the Christ-like analogy in this one too, which made Superman indeed a savior, albeit a somewhat tortured one.

I think Brandon Routh is worthy of taking over the mantle. He could've gotten more to do and say, but what he did have worked. Some say Kate Bosworth wasn't the punchy Lois character that we're used to. But in this film, she isn't the same character. Once Superman returns, all these old feelings come back, and her relationship with Richard (and Jason) is now made more complex. She does have her moments with Perry White though. Speaking of which, I think the Perry was better in the original, dialogue-wise.

The whole Jason aspect I'm still thinking about. The fact that he "killed" someone is sort of rubbing people the wrong way (although we didn't see the body) as being inappropriate for a "good guy" in a DC comic book movie. Maybe there's something we don't know yet, which will be revealed in one (or both) of the two sequels.

All in all, this is what "Superman III" should have been. Now when the 14-disc box set comes out this winter with director's cuts of I, II, III, & IV, plus "Superman Returns", it'll be interesting to see how they link together (well I, II, and "Returns" at least).

I still love the first film, and it will remain one of my favorite films, as well as being the blueprint for super hero films.

Oh, and one more thing: Cyclops lives! :cool:

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Does anyone want my Superman shirt I wore to the IMAX show? It's a navy blue, size Medium. I wore a shirt underneath it that night, so it's clean. :) I bought another one that has a "distressed" look that I like better.

PM me if interested.

14. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Mine's that way too. And I'll be wearing mine at Comiccon. The distressed Supes t-shirt, that is. :)

15. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Rest in Peace Jonathan Kent...

"Superman actor Glenn Ford dies
    Last updated at 12:01pm on 31st August 2006
    Glenn Ford, one of the most enduring stars of the silver screen, has died at the age of 90.

The actor, who appeared in more than 200 films in a career spanning five decades, died at his home in Beverly Hills, California... "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=403011&in_page_id=1766&ito

Yeah it was cool seeing is image in Superman Returns inside the Kent house.

Here's a little piece of trivia - Name the OTHER movie that starred both Glenn Ford and Marlon Brando.

Hint - the movie was in Black and White.

16. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Speaking of things Superman, anyone thinking of going to the new movie Hollywoodland about the George Reeves murder?

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll be checking it out. If it's anything like "L.A. Confidential" (one of my favorite films), then I'm there!

18. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    The Teahouse of the August Moon

Yup search engines are a wonderful thing :cool:

19. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Ikina want to see Hollywoodland too, despit Afleck being in it. But I though L.A. Confidential was a poor glossy adaptation of James Elroy's brilliant book. It was like pseudo noir.

20. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    does anyone have pics posted anywhere from this even?

21. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    It's part of my back log. I'll try to fit it in today before I go on my trip.

- kay dee

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, I guess lots of movie critics, Academy voters, and moviegoers (including myself) disagree with you there, but it's often the case where a movie can't do justice to it's original source material....like LOTR. [face_whistling] ;)

23. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    The superman photos are up:

http://www.sffanforce.com/gallery/superman/index.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.