main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO SW TV Series (?)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by tuxz0r, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I never said anything about not comprehending, it's just too freakin boring.

2. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    *cough* from your point of view... *whistles innocently*

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I guess some of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view...

4. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Yep, I am another one of those trek lovers...but hated Enterprise..the only Star Trek series I just could not stand to watch.
    For those that are going to Dragon Con...you will never see anything funnier than the klingon beauty contest they hold each year.

5. JediUruviel

Aug 22, 2004
    yea, I heard Enterprise sucks WIND. I want to get myself a Star Fleet uniform from TNG.

6. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Okay, my dad is the Trekkie--not me! He, my mom, my new step-dad and I all love sci-fi/fantasy...but, I came into Star Wars on my own (as I didn't meet my dad til I was 18) But I did like the movie First Contact, and Next Generation on tv...I'm full-blood Star Wars fan though, so please no torches coming to my house!![face_laugh] And yes, I did catch an episode or two of Enterprise because of Scott Bakula--------man, I wish they would bring back Quantum Leap! and Sliders (no, I do not get SciFi Channel, and I know they're on there---*sigh*)

I did hear about the SW tv series. I read somewhere online that Boba Fett is going to possibly be one of the more major characters with Daniel Logan as a suggestion to play him (well, play him again I suppose) but this time in the armor...nothing definite yet of course...but I know I would sure be glad to see it!!! I also read they are supposed to be hour-long episodes. I'm very interested to see how this goes, and anyway, it's something to discuss to tide us over til a possible Celebration for 30th anniversary! I'm going to hunt for that website I read got that info from...

Ohhh-- a Klingon beauty contest??!!! *wouldn't want to miss that!*[face_laugh] Wish I could go to DragonCon--been hearing lots of good stuff about this con...hhhmmm...my birthday is even on Labor Day this year...maybe could convince the hubby to go as a birthday present??? o_O

7. JediUruviel

Aug 22, 2004
    I've always wanted to go to a decent convention like that. There's one that comes down here in Springfield, but I hear it's small and not a lot of people go. My dream is to go to the Celebration conventions in Indianapolis.

8. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Found this on a TV series info website
    New Show Rumors.
    Projects that have been bought, are being developed or discussed at the studios for the future. Does not guarantee any of them will go into production.

* STAR WARS: ???: Will move forward full speed following the release the Sith film. Kevin Smith will writer and supervise the series. ILM may do the special effects and Mark Hamill returns as... Luke Skywalker. The series hasn't been sold to a network as of yet

9. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I think a series about Luke starting a New Jedi Order would be cool, although from what I've heard the live-action series will take place between Sith and New Hope.

10. tuxz0r

tuxz0r Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    Nods. I was really excited when I heard the rumor about Hamill returning for at least the pilot of the new episode - which led me to believe NJO. But, alas, I think it will be between RotS and ANH. That two possibilities I heard were that it would revolve around the purge of the remaining Jedi and Vader's rise to galactic overlord - or - it would focus on Boba Fett, Black Sun syndicate, etc. Or my guess, probably both of these in parallel.

I'm still holding out for NJO until more concrete facts arise [face_praying]

11. tuxz0r

tuxz0r Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    I guess most people have come across this information so far, but apparently Steve Sansweet gave an interview and here's what he had to say...

We're doing it in two phases. The first is Star Wars animation, which is CG 3-dimensional animation, like a Toy Story, that takes place during the period of the Clone Wars that takes place between Episodes 2 and 3. And that we're setting for Fall of 2007. Preproduction is underway, we're doing animation test, people are working on initial scripts. So we're well under way on that. And George is very much taking hand and is very much part of the whole process. I know some people thought maybe he would just hey "hey, go do it," but George is Star Wars and he's always gonna be very closely involved in this.

The other project is live action, and the live action is going to take place between Episode 3 and Episode 4. We're looking at a 1 hour show and [Producer] Rick McCallum has said the ideal would be to come up with 100 hours to really get into the story line and characters, and that's the direction we're going in. So that is really targeted more towards the end of the decade."

So, no live action until nearly 2010 sad to say. And, I'm a bit concerned about a fully CG, Toy Story'ish, Star Wars film animation. Eh.

12. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Interesting News, although I am dissappointed that the live-action might not be done before the end of the decade.

Oh well... :_|

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    From this link...

The series will focus on the missing years between Revenge of the Sith and the original Star Wars movie, released in 1977.

14. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Cool! And from this link:

Now the television show I?m working on, the Star Wars television show, is 3D.

15. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Cool! and Cool again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.