main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Sword of Truth] Confessor -- spoilers allowed

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by NYCitygurl, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Confessor, the last Sword of Truth book by Terry Goodkind, is being released in a few days (thus, the lovely banner). Though many, myself included, have criticized this series, especially as it grew, it is a big part of fantasy literature; even the bookstores who stock very little fantasy usually have all or almost all of these.

Is anyone looking forward to the end, either to read it or to stop hearing about it? Do you think that Terry Goodkind is done with this world, or do you see him returning to it? Do you think he should? What do you think of the series overall?

2. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    Personally, I haven't read a book of the series since "Temple of the Winds". From what I've heard, the books didn't get much better after that point, so thankfully I don't feel like I've missed out on TOO much.

But as for whether Goodkind will return to the "Sword of Truth" universe, I could see it happening. He may try his hand on a new book, or two, but in due time, he'll have something yet MORE to say.

(I will at least give Goodkind credit for bringing his series to relatively foreseeable conclusion. In this day and age, where mega-series seems to be the status-quo of Fantasy writing, it's good to know he knows when it may be time to call it quits.)

3. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I've read them all and liked all of them. And yeah I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the series.

I'm also curious about whatever Goodkind will write next.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I read the first one and like it, but never read another for some reason.

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I finished it last night. It was okay; the series just went downhill after the first. Plus, Goodkind has more monologues than Shakespeare. Still, happy endings are all well and good.

At the end, when Jennsen and Tom and the rest went to the other world -- they mentioned churches and God. Wsa that Goodkind making the new world Earth? If so, I think Sara Douglass did a better job at the end of her series.

6. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    Since I may not get back into the series, any time soon, if I could get maybe some spoiler-age on the fates of Richard, Kahlen, and the main players in particular, I'd like that.

(If it's too much for the thread, you could just PM me the info, since I am still curious enough to ask about it. [face_laugh])

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Kalhan gets her memory back. Richard opens a box of Orden and sends the entire Imperial Order into another world devoid of magic. Jennsen, Tom, and the ones without magic choose to go so that they don't contaninate the magical world. Tom and Jennsen get married and she gets pregnant. Richard and Kahlan are together, Nicky loves Richard but doesn't go after him, some sisters of the Dark kill Ann, the little Adie gets together with Friedrich, Rachel is related to the queens on Tanimura and will someday rule them, and Cara and Benjamin get married.

8. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    Ah... Okay, I'm good. :D

Seriously, thanks a bunch. I don't want you feeling like it was just a spoiler "mooch". :oops:

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I have a cool recalled first paperback edition of Debt of Bones that has Robert Jordan's name in it instead of Terry Goodkinds.

I hope it will be worth money one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.