main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR SWTOR 2.0: Rise of the Hutt Cartel now on the (edit) LIVE servers!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Tis true!

They're going straight from 1.7 to 2.0. RotHC is now playable on the Public Test Server. I'm at work, so I don't know how big the patch is, but I saw on Reddit that there is a terminal on fleet that will get you an item that automatically maxes out your lvl at 55 and your crew skills at 450 for the duration of the PTS.

I'd assume at this point that 2.0 will go live in April.

EDIT: And here it is, 4/9, and servers came up just after midnight EST. 2.0 is live, Rise of the Hutt Cartel is available to those that preordered. Everyone else gets it Sunday 4/14 (as long as they pay for it)

2. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    The sheer amount of content in this expansion(Yes it really is an expansion) is astounding, bravo BiOWare.

3. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Is this Update actually Rise of the Hutt Cartel? And It'll just be like any other update except on a grander scale?

4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Not quite, there's a bit of a difference between just 2.0 and the expansion. The expansion focuses on the planet Makeb, where the Hutts have taken over. The various Makeb quests make up the expansion I think. But with every update, they always tweak a few things, change how a skill works, although some of the 1.x updates are bigger than normal. Used to be 1.x updates were always big (they fixed a few bugs, changed how some skill trees work), but with the faster update schedule, not all the 1.x updates are as important as they used to be. And often those updates break plenty of new stuff too. So when the expansion is released, everyone will have to deal with the different skill trees, I think, but only those who bought the expansion can see Makeb and the story (however much of it) there.

So the PTS version gives everyone a boost to level 55 to test out the skill trees and abilities and some of the new content. Makeb isn't there, although people have been trying out one of the new operations I think.

Copied a few characters over, not sure I care that much for the revamped skill trees. Some of the new abilities are interesting, but they always weaken a few of them. Also sounds like they're revamping the commendation system (the Tionese, Columi and Rakata vendors are all gone, replaced by new eldergame armor vendors, with Black Hole gear dropping on HM flashpoints I think now. Oh well, that's just how MMOs go, unfortunately.

5. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Enjoy 2.0 everyone!

Legacy Achievements are cool, actually sidetracked for a good 30 minutes just reviewing them across my various characters. Also took a look at Makeb with my Mara on a PVP server, just to see how it looks/plays. MY GOD, if you don't have early access you must buy the expansion. It's huge, its beautiful, and the cinematics are just amazing.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I can confirm it is really cool. Haven't had to play it much but I definitely will get on tonight.

7. MaggieSolo

MaggieSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2009
    I have to say, I'm finding it better than expected, cool new content, achievement goals, I'm liking it a lot!

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I find the new achievements both cool and annoying at the same time. I wish it didn't seem to back-count things so selectively. I mean, apparently the game remembers every flashpoint boss I've ever beaten, but I'm going to have to beat up another thousand guys with Qyzen to finish his achievement.

Darth McClain likes this.
  9. MaggieSolo

MaggieSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2009
    Yeah, that part is a drag, I admit. On the other hand, I haven't used Qyzen for a while, so it switches things up a little for me and reminds me I need to update that dudes armour! lol

10. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I do not know where to post it so I am posting it here.
    Does anyone know if there is going to be second expansion next year ( 2014 ) ?