main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Task #2 - Let's Organize!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by deltron_zero, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    nah, the whole idea was yours i was trying to carry it on :)

thanks though :D

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    This will certainly shake things up ;)

All of time seemed to slow. The people passing by on the street blurred around me, but the strange man was as clear as day. I stepped closer in anticipation. The man looked up at me with a twinkle in his eye and grinned. He undid the lock with a loud SNAP! and slowly opened the suitcase.

A strange yet beautiful light shone from within. It was a colour that I could not describe, unlike anything I had ever seen before. "This must be like what a star looks like when it is born," I thought. I was so absorbed in the light that I barely noticed what it was that was emitting the eerie glow. Until it moved.

I jumped back, startled. The creature (was it a creature?) was made of some sort of flowing, glowing substance. It slowly seeped out of the suitcase. I was breathing heavily, the sweat was beading on my forehead. I looked at the man. He was still grinning.

The creature started coming closer. I looked around for help, but something was wrong. Everybody on the street was frozen in space and time, not moving. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a bird frozen in mid-flight. It distracted me for a split second, and I tripped and fell off the sidewalk onto the street. The creature was closer now, and it's glow was blindingly bright. It was barely inches from my feet.

3. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    yeah, this is getting good! :D

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Hehehehe, all right. :D

5. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    <-- reads and watches too much sci-fi :D ;)

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    The Story So Far:

1. Debo

When he first attracted my attention, I can't remember. But I do know that he fascinated me for about two-and-a-half years after that day. Every time I passed him by, I felt it: something was the matter with this man. For every other person he was just a bum, a shadow in an alley. He had two suitcases; one was always open, day and night.

In the case I could spot some books. These books... They became an obsession to me. What was in them? They were special books; they couldn't be just ordinary books. I saw it, I felt it. The other suitcase was always closed and sealed. How I grew to hate that suitcase!

And at night time, he got his violin out to play. I always stood to listen, sometimes for hours, until he suddenly stopped and packed the instrument in again.

No one seemed to notice him. No matter how long I waited, I never saw anyone approach him or even look at him. People passed him by as if he was a ghost; his hat, which was turned upside down in front of him, never had any coins in it. But at night he would take out his violin again and play.

2. deltron-zero

My fascination with him grew, and yet I never tried to speak to him. It wasn't that I thought he wouldn't respond, or even that I was afraid of how he would respond. Rather, words just didn't seem to fit our meetings. It was as if his corner of the world existed outside of time, outside of language.

Still, I wondered about those books, and the mysterious contents of the closed suitcase began to wear on my mind. I found myself thinking of him at odd moments... in the shower, at work, even at dinner with friends, until finally he was all I could think about. I would lay awake at night, the melody of his violin playing over and over in my thoughts, and the stress of not sleeping was beginning to take it's toll on my body and mind.

Sometimes I would stop and stare at him, even though it was broad daylight and his violin was safely tucked away, I would just stare. And, as if I had somehow slipped into his reality, no one seemed to notice me. Certainly not him, and not the countless busy souls that passed me on the street.

Until one day. One day as I stood there staring, ever so slowly, he looked up at me. It seemed like he had been waiting for this moment all along. All the days and nights, the seemingly endless obsession, it had all been a test and now I had finally passed. He looked up at me, still not speaking, and I returned his gaze. I tried not to act nervous but I knew that I was sweating. "What now?" I wondered to myself, and as if in answer to my thought, to both my horror and delight, he reached for the closed suitcase.

3. wild_karrde

All of time seemed to slow. The people passing by on the street blurred around me, but the strange man was as clear as day. I stepped closer in anticipation. The man looked up at me with a twinkle in his eye and grinned. He undid the lock with a loud SNAP! and slowly opened the suitcase.

A strange yet beautiful light shone from within. It was a colour that I could not describe, unlike anything I had ever seen before. "This must be like what a star looks like when it is born," I thought. I was so absorbed in the light that I barely noticed what it was that was emitting the eerie glow. Until it moved.

I jumped back, startled. The creature (was it a creature?) was made of some sort of flowing, glowing substance. It slowly seeped out of the suitcase. I was breathing heavily, the sweat was beading on my forehead. I looked at the man. He was still grinning.

The creature started coming closer. I looked around for help, but something was wrong. Everybody on the street was frozen in space and time, not moving. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a bird frozen in mid-flight. It distracted me for a split second, and I tripped and fell off the sidewalk onto the street. The creature was closer now, and it's glow was blindingly bright. It was barely inches from my feet.

Who oh who will be NUMBER FOUR?
    Come on, sign up,

7. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    I think that Senoj is working on the next part. We need someone for after that though. If no one else signs up before she finishes then I'll do it. (Since after her there was no one signed up yet, except Missy said she wanted to be #8.)

8. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    OK. Looking forward to it, Jjanda.

9. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Actually, come to think of it though, I have plans at 7:00 tonight, board time, and I may be eating supper before then, and Senoj just started writing her part, so I'm not sure I'll be able to write next. So, if anyone else is around, please, take the next part. Of course if it's still not taken next time I'm around I'll do it, but I hope it'll be done before then (heck, I hope several more parts are done before then, as I may not be back on tonight).

Hope that doesn't mess things up too much, but then, over 60% of us haven't written yet, so there should be someone else... (I hope!)

10. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    I'll be #4.

11. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    #5 you mean... if you write now then there'll be two versions of that part. Senoj is working on the next part as we speak. Go after her.

12. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    The shimmering creature touched my leg, and in fear I jerked back. But something told me not to be afraid. I felt calm. It was as if the being had spoken comforting words without having to utter a sound. It reached up and stroked my face. I tried to open my mouth to say something, anything, but helplessly remained speechless. What was happening?
    Suddenly, beautiful angelic music surrounded me. It was the song of the violin. I desperately tried to rise to my feet, but the creature shoved me back down onto the hard asphalt.
    Do not run.
    Who said those words? It was as if they had been spoken somewhere long ago... I peered into the being?s face, but immediately was forced to shield my face with my arm. The radiant light surrounding the creature was too bright.
    I will teach you to see.
    ?See what?? I finally managed to croak out.
    You. Your life.
    What was this?thing? talking about?
    ?Stranger! Stranger help!? I violently screamed. Somewhere off in the distance, above the music, I heard peals of laughter.
    Come?
    ?No. NO!?
    But it was too late. I felt myself slipping away, into another time, another place. I looked up. Gone was the terrible creature. In its place stood a young girl. My little sister. That was impossible. She had died, at a young age, so many years ago?

Ready for #5!

13. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    excellent! :D

14. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    This story gets weirder and weirder :D

15. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Hopefully the next person will know where I am trying to go with this. :p

~*Senoj*~

16. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I think everyone has their own idea of where this story should go, lol

17. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    LOL. That's true. ;)

It will be fun to compare Debo's first vision of this story with what actually happens at the end.

~*Senoj*~

18. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Though, Debo may not even have had a vision for the whole story. Me, I'm not going to really think too much about where it's been or where it's going to go, I'm just going to write my part as well as I can, and try to leave it somewhere suspenseful for the next person. :p

EDIT: And as for when I'm going to take my turn, basically as soon as I can once I get back. I just don't have time this evening, at least not right now.

19. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I'll be next then (#6 I think).

20. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    ...but that soon slipped my mind, as I saw what was happening to the world surrounding me. The girl was replaced by a spinning vortex of colours, all dancing in their own, special way. I looked, and understood. I stared up at the stucco pattern in the ceiling and noticed they had begun to crawl. Random bumps became little eyes, pointed noses, giggling mouths. The little people had arrived and were literally coming out of the woodwork. They poked out of the ceiling, waved and made faces. I could make out four of them; a stickly troll, a laughing clown, a dancing harlequin, a diabolical imp. They were bouncing a spinning object between them, a complex geometrical shape spun like a top. My curiosity about this object grew and the harlequin held it out to me. As it's hands telescoped down from the ceiling I could see it was balancing a spinning jewel on it's index finger. 'What was this jewel?', I wondered...

21. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    :eek: :D

Debo
    deltron_zero
    wild_karrde
    JediSenoj451
    jediguy
    Silmarillion
    ?????
    Missninfan

22. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    Heh, I think I just destroyed any shred of continuity.

23. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    so that would make this story EU? :D ;)

24. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I pulled out my Glock from its holster, just to be on the safe side. The faces were familiar and I knew who would've sent such a creature to kill me, but it couldn't be who I was thinking of. It must be a phantasm of the mind, I told myself. This can't really be true. There was no way he could've escaped!

I glanced sideways towards the door and back over the spinning jewel dancing a few feet in front of my eyes. Without hesitating, I threw my gun to my left hand, grabbed the jewel with my right and began sprinting towards the open doorway. The creature was livid! It's tentacles began reaching towards my only escape blocking my path. I fired off a few erratic shots as I danced around the creature in a firestorm and came to rest outside the door, panting.

With breathless speed, I pulled a grenade from my belt and launched it into the writhing mass of tentacles.

The glow of the resulting explosion was settling when I got my first good look at the jewel I had taken. I pulled out my communicator to headquaters. The impossible has happened, I said. Zarkor, our enemy of old has escaped.

25. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    LOL, the whole story just went to hell! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.