main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Templars of Twilight: Guardians of Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kahn_Iceay, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *bows*

I come to join the twilight once more.

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    *bows*

Welcome back Senator Colcha. I will ensure that your name is added to the Roster of Representatives to the EUSenate.

Please visit the Senate Thread when you have an opportunity to weigh in on the constitutional discussion.

3. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006

*bows* Reporting in Master Colcha!

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am forever here, draped in twilight.

5. HwarangKnight

Jun 16, 2006
    *falls asleep waiting*

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Rule of Two? :p

7. HwarangKnight

Jun 16, 2006
    hmmm...I don't know. Nobody's even here to challenge for the place.

**scrapes off cobwebs in the corners of the room**

8. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    I will challenge for it, then promptly remodel this into a den of evil for Dark Jedi and Sith to hang out in.

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Grey Sith?

:cool:

I believe that I shall declare myself the True Kage and call it a day. :p

10. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
    Fallen Sith, Grey Sith, I don't know what you would call an Sith who left the order. Any thoughts on that?

Dark Jedi wouldn't seem appropriate.

11. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Weak or a traitor.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I would call that my next bounty. :p

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The problem with Sith who leave is they invariably found the next 'big thing'. Krayt rejected the Rule of Two, and founds the One Sith. Millennial rejects the Rule of Two, and founds the Prophets of the Dark Side.

So on, so forth.

An Umbra, perhaps?

I must admit it is sad to see this thread so vacant, though.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Deserter Sith don't always found what follows after, the Jensaari are from a fallen sith that went insane and died alone in a cave but left alot of scribbles behind.

Didn't see the Templar Call light, we need to get one as good as batmans but I doubt we have the funding.

15. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    There was one on backorder but it was cancelled due to budget cut back.

Sorry :(

16. HwarangKnight

Jun 16, 2006
    My only question is how does one fall when already on the bottom? (ie. fallen sith) Isn't that a misnomer?

(that ought to bring a few folks in!):p

17. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
    o_O

:p

So in a sense that insane "fallen" Sith founded the Jensaari, maybe not directly but indirectly through his scribbles.

18. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Don't underestimate the power of Scribbles.:p

19. HwarangKnight

Jun 16, 2006
    I like scribbles!

*installs the new Templar beacon light*

Let's see if this thing works...

20. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
    Hmmm, nope. Time for a reformation? Maybe draw in some new blood?

21. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Exactly Dink.

HK, you're gonna have to do what CPL did for the Jedi. Which is take charge and reform. Don't worry about steppin on toes cause there is no one here to get this order going but you and Sinre. Look at the Jedi they are completly transformed and very active now. So let that be some encouragement for you and the Templars.

22. HwarangKnight

Jun 16, 2006
    Hmmm...that's very enticing. Makes me feel nostalgic. I think I did this once or twice before. Most of the old crew aren't around anymore and I feel confident we could recruit well enough between Sinre and I so, some revival here might be worth doing. I guess the biggest question for me is, to what end?

Templars that are around: Please check in and weigh in with your opinion so we can get a body count and a litmus test as to the desire for reform.

Sinre, I think we should chat...

~HK~

23. HwarangKnight

Jun 16, 2006
    All:

OK, double post here but I think that's indicative of the health of this thread.

I've given this some thought over the last couple days and here's what I've decided for my part.

While I think that a resurrection and restructure of this thread is definitely doable and could even be a lot of fun, I've decided not to take the lead, at least, in doing so.

These are my reasons:
    First, there are really only about 2 or 3 'active' participants in this thread and while we could probably bolster our numbers, that would take time and effort, especially for a small handful of folks. Second, I look at the entire board and I see a serious lack of activity, relative to years past, and I think that is very telling. Again, I think we could at least for our part help with that but that leads me to my third reason. I don't think that whatever we ended up doing, if I were to lead, would be sustainable. I don't think the board is thriving anymore and for one or two people to try to keep activity up over a longer period of time isn't realistic.

It saddens me to no end to come to this conclusion but there it is. You all must understand that I've been a Templar since the day I joined this board and haven't changed allegiances since.

Now, that all said, I'm more than willing to listen to compelling reasons contrary to what I stated above that may persuade me otherwise.

Please, anyone, Templar or not, let me know what you think.

All the best,

~HK~

24. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I understand you reasons and you make valid points. You been a true Templar till the end and it saddens me to see this thread go. I guess all good things come to an end. It wouldn't be the first. The decision is entirely up to you unless Sinre wants to try and revive it.

As a Sith trying to recruit is hard enough, so I understand the challenges. Again this is your decision and if you had this thread locked i would support and respect your decision. It would be a sad day indeed but as I said before all good things come to an end. :(

25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I am also very saddened to see such a thing happen, I have been bouncing across the periphery of Force traditions since I got here without joining Sith or Jedi directly. That this bed of so much ingenuity and creativity has found itself an end is sadening, but with me still trying to recoup from my previous comp dying, and DRL breathing extra heavily down my neck I know I don't have much time to really devote to things for pure fun, even the abstract kind.

So I guess I will see you all around other spaces and places, especially those that are also in the RPF were I already have future engagments scheduled ;) Otherwise, hopefully we Templars of the past will bump into each other elsewheres.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.