main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF WebSite, needs input

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by hal9k1, Jan 30, 2006.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Moot now, your a integral part of the group/TFF family.... you now have pictures of you with her and all of us, that picture a pre-curser to what you've done with the TFF. [:D]

2. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006

That pic came from the outing in Tombstone I believe. I was actually just being a smarty pants. It's fine. If another pic comes along over the course of the year that I like more, we can change it then.
    And I can't send you anymore pics, I've run out of poses. [face_whistling]

3. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    It's not like you are a Royal Guard and have one pose.:rolleyes:

O, and falling down, [face_hypnotized] I guess lying on your back is another pose,:oops: I guess that's two poses.[face_thinking]

4. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/members.htm

I still need pictures different one, replacement, or whatever.

If you don't want a picture of yourself tell me and I'll replace it with something else.

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/pictures.htm

6.30.07 Galactic Empire Food Drive Pictures

I need whatever else we have to put up

6. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

Nice pics!=D=

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    As soon as we get more pictures I'll post them to the site also.

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Can someone please help me re-write the description? I think it's too long and not enough to the point for quick viewing for the general public that needs to find out about us.

http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/TFFMainPage.htm

As published on the main TFF web page:
    First and foremost the Tucson Fan Force is a group of like minded people that share a common interest. We are also all friends, our love for Science Fiction is what brought us together. We are a completely voluntary group with no ties to LucasFilm.

We use our group as a platform to do good in our community. We do charity walks, visit children in the hospitals; educate, food drives, fundraisers, or any event that benefits children. We do this at our own time and expense, we charge nothing for it. We are not a costuming group but we do have many members who are in various costuming groups that choose to support the local community via doing costuming events either under the Fan Force banner or another group?s banner. Regardless of the flag we are flying under we will continue to raise money for the community and do what we can to make Tucson a better place to live for everyone.We have a diverse membership, from 13-50 year old males and females. We are not all business. We have fun also. We foster local road trips, movie outings, RPG night, Book clubs, minis, parties, monthly meetings get together and basic socializing.

If you would like to know more click the logo for ways to contact us or join us at our next event or meeting.

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Well, I gave it a shot(please read above), it's still the same number of lines. Waddaya think, if somebody has got something better, now's the time to let us read it.

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    WOW! nice

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Some clean up and a new page. http://www.danzelmo.com/why_do_we_do_this.htm

I've asked for this info before but I just made the page and C&P from a DSG posting I made to start the page off, please contribute. This will give a "human" face to us and maybe get us more members.

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://www.danzelmo.com/why_do_we_do_this.htm

Has been updated.

Please input something for this page. It gives up a more "human" face.

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Some minor Updates.

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Added a live (free) Java based chat page

http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/chat.htm

15. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Neat!

It didn't work for me though. And are the Usernames actually something we have to register with or just names we make on the spot?

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    You should be able to put in a username and it logs you in (make it up on the spot). I just did that and it worked for me.

17. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    The problem im having on the site is that it seems to overwhelm some computers im at. when I click on the welcome page pic it loads and loads and never seems to finish. My computer with DSL at home can handle it, but my folk's high speed dial up cant, and some comuters at work. I wonder if there is just to much in terms of graphic pixels, or the forum window? Although I dont have a problem with it personally I am concerned that those with dial up cant access our site.

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I've been saying that since the first page I made on that site. I've always kept the dial-up users in mind.
    Hence the site being broken up the way it is and keeping every graphic compressed and lower resolution.
    I can strip the site even more, it will take time and I'd need feedback. I can remove some of the imbedded windows from on the site, that would help as would turning off audio and page transitions.

19. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    The page transitions and sounds would probably help, and maybe you could embed the forum in a separate page, so people with dialup could avoid bogging down their computers with twi websites at once...

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yep, I have a secondary apge with that stuff embedded because of that. Thanks Mike! That's exactly the insite I need. The oppinion if greatly appreciated.

21. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    you gotta leave the sounds!

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    That is one of the things slowing down the page loads. I took it off the enterance and main page only.

I can put them back if needed.

23. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    On the TFF website, under MEMBERS, under HONORARY MEMBERS, who is Brain?

24. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Wook, Brian is the sculpter guy Dustin found many many moons ago here in town, and has since been considered by Dustin, Chris and myself to be family.

If you need to contact him, call me up for his number.

(hope this is the Brian you were talking about..)

Otherwise the only other Brian I know is the wrangler extraordinarre from Sierra Vista, who is the partner in crime to Tina(Revan)

25. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Frankie, I know who B-R-I-A-N is. My question was, "Who is B-R-A-I-N ?", as in "Pinky and the Brain". It was a humorous attempt to point out an apparent misspelling of his name.

As they say, it can't be too funny if you have to explain it...