main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 15th EUC Starfighter Draft: Ace Errant

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Point Given , Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Kell scored a zero for one sim, not for all of them. :p

Briefly (I can respond more at length tomorrow), but Vindoo was hardly an imperial die hard as I understand it. He was a hero of the clone wars and a recruiter for the Imps, but he never flew in combat for them.

As for cohesion...meh. Overrated. Certain combos, sure- Corran and Ooryl, for example- but outside of wingpairs its less useful than we tend to credit it too. Like, yeah, Ooryl and Face were on the ship at the same time, but their experience together isn't such that they are naturally a better pair than Falynn and Tycho. I posted a hierarchy of cohesion years ago, but really if the pilots aren't wingmates and if they aren't going to immediately murder each other, its not so important in my mind.

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Dang this is a close one.

The clinching factor for me is that I believe Jhoram and Anj are better than where they are drafted, especially after Legacy and Legacy War: Only reason they probably weren't drafted higher is that it was the first time they'd been available.

That being said, I'm going with NYJ for the champ match and Despised1 for the 3rd place match. I already have my vote for EKW in the other.

3. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    I'll agree with PG that it is a close one, but to me what it comes down to which team I tend to like better as a whole, since if broken down it's very close.

Champ Match: DarkEagle

Much of it comes down to I see a better squadron out of his pilots over NYJ's. Not by much, but it's enough for me to give him the nod.

3rd Place Match: D1

He's right, D1 built a team vs a group of individuals that may or may not work together.

9th Place: Sey

Individual matches make it interesting, but what gets it for me is Kyp vs Caedus, and Kyp would simply blow him out of the water.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Tycho < Wedge
    Pash > Ooryl
    Kasan = Aril
    Syal > Myn
    Bey > Face
    Dahl < Varth
    Barvel > Zev
    Falynn > Dak

This is tough. Cohesively, DE's team is better. However, the cohesion exists in the sense that they're all pilots that Wedge knows--some of them have never flown together, and some of them are eras apart. Is that really fair? I'm not sure. Tycho and Pash make a punchier top two than Wedge and Ooryl, though, and they're better leaders (together). I think individually, too, NYJ's team has a bit of an edge.

So I guess NYJ wins? First time, eh.

As for the 9th place match, EKW.

5. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Well, at least my only loss was handed to me by the guy who ended up winning. Makes me feel a bit better, though I still want a rematch.

~shakes fist~

Also, congrats NYJ! =D=

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    congrats on finally winning one of these NYJ. 'bout damn time, honestly.

7. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    ANYTHING IS POSSSSIIIBBLLLEEEEE!!!!!!!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations.

9. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002

Good match to you too.

About damn time.

10. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Congrats =D=

11. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Congrats NYJ, at least by congrats you don't get a pie in the face.

12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    So since its the summer and people will be going on vacation and stuff, I figure the next draft will begin in mid to late August. Agreed?

Also I may or may not be Commish, I'd like to take another stab at GMing but I may change my mind.

13. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    could see that.

i am curious though... what kind are we doing next time? round robin or what not?

14. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Honestly I liked what PG did to keep everyone involved, so if it were just up to me, I'd do that. What do the rest of you think?

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ok, so NYJ can have his colors now. :p

16. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Works for me. I'll on vacation the first two weeks of August with little internet access.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.