main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 24- Hour Cool Thing/Stuff That Happened Today Thread....

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Congratulations!!!

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Woot! The wife won an award and fellowship for professional and educational development today!

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Congrats to her!

We did a good day's filming for the fan film that the SVRF is helping on. I feel like I've accomplished something! (that and I got to scream real loud) :D
    Also saw a kettle of about 20 Swainson's hawks in Davis circling a newly plowed field.

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Free Churro on Offer to anyone who sponser me in this weekends MS walk! Link in sig to me donation site!

Pwease!
    [image=http://www.abitnice.com/archives/Shrek.jpg]

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    When at your lowest, one of your kids tells you how much you mean to them and they give you "Stitch" to hold on to...and you realize..you really DO make a difference.! (I have the best class in the universe!!)

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Awwww....you DO have the best students Master K. I'm one of them. ;)

I'm doing the march of Dimes WalkAmerica this weekend in TIE armor. I've gotten $75 in donations, which is more than I ever thought I'd get. I'll be walking for the SVRF, the DMV and for my best friend, who I just learned was a premie.

7. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Yay, Hawkie! *HUG* I will be thinking of you in your TIE armor. :)

And yay, Master K! I am glad that, with all the stress of your job, you also get moments like those. And that your kids do, too. :)

And for my part, the play I was in is now over and was well-received...and I have my life back! Yay! (Well, I have my life back...and available to put into upgrading my Revan armor for CIV, at least! LOL!)

- Kai

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    AboutaSith..tell your wife Congratulations!!! Quite an honor!!!=D=

Hawkie...this walk will be a piece of cake for you!!! ;)

Kai...Yes you survived!!! AND you reclaimed "something" as well!!!! ;) :D

Proud of all of you!!!

(Me..as soon as I have a churro..life will be good again!!)

9. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    mmmmmm...churro....=P~
    I think I'm going to make Jon take me to Disneyland just to have one of those this weekend. They're mentioned in like every post here ;)
    But, my mom brought over an Angelfood cake yesterday....just because...so that makes a good substitute

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    And now you realize why Disneyland is the SECOND Official Home of SCFF!!! :D [face_laugh] But ya know.. in an emergency, Angelfood cake works!!! YUM!!![face_dancing]

11. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    We spend our fair amount of time at Disneyland as well. I'm starting to regognize cast members now even LOL I've joked with Jon that I would be happy if I could just move in there :)

12. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I can tell I'm WAY overdue for a trip to Disneyland. I keep dreaming about it. And don't even ask about the dream I had about Jack Sparrow ... :eek: [face_blush]

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Does this mean "someone" is going to get slapped?[face_laugh]

14. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Slap and tickle, maybe. ;) [face_whistling]

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok..this could either go in the "Whine" thread, or this one.. and being the incredibly sick puppy that I am.. I decided to go with this one.

One of my kids discovered a dead baby bird right outside my classroom on the cement walk. (ahhhh.,..poor baby bird). Of course dead ANYTHING causes a mass "CAN WE SEE IT?????!!!" and nothing gets done until said.."dead thing" is properly observed.

So, deciding that nothing more was going to happen until we alllll went and looked at the dead baby bird through the window. So, everyone gathered at the window...going.."ppoorrrrr little baby bird," when...

ONE OF OUR RESIDENT RAVENS SWOOPED DOWN AND PROCEEDED TO DEMONSTRATE "THE CIRCLE OF LIFE" WITH THE LITTLE BODY!!!! [face_hypnotized]

If any of you have watched the film, "Madagascar"...you know the scene I'm talking about and it was recreated perfectly in my classroom. We had a quick lesson on "circle of life", my kids are still talking about it...and I had to leave my aide there with them so I could get out of sight and just slide down the wall laughing my hiney off!!!![face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

(and of course had to immediately call Hawkie and Siri to share the joy!!!);) :D Ahh another entry to the journal!!!

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    And being the sick puppy that I am, I also got a good laugh out of it.
    Yes folks, it's baby bird season and you know what that means....
    buffet's on for the scavengers and predators!!!! [face_devil]

Naturalist/Bird geek rant: If anyone finds a LIVE baby bird, find the nest and put the baby back in. Birds can NOT smell "human" on a baby and will likely take care of the chick once you leave. If you find a RAPTOR (kestrel, hawk, owl, etc.), call me. :D
    <end rant>

17. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    That is an amazing story.
    Something about just *having* to go look at something with kids.

18. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003

Sure you don't want to trade your Kindergartener, Katrina? ;)

19. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Cool stuff for me woife, state testing was finished for her 6th grade class. [face_dancing] Not to try and keep the kids attention through to the end of the year!

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    w00t!!!!![face_dancing] Hopefully I'll get mine finished Tuesday...and then also keeping that attention thing going,,,the kids definitely "check out" for the remainder of the year. But tell her congrats!!!!!!!:D

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Weather Bug subscription to check on winds...free

Sunscreen so you can stay outdoors for about an hour $20.00

3-D dragon kite from Costco $9.00

School yard to fly said kite in...$$$$$$$$$

Watching your "kids" faces as they get the kite airbourn....PRICELESS!!!!!:D [face_dancing]

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Awwww!!! I wanna go fly a kite! I haven't flown a kite in ages. Of course, now I fly a hawk and that requires just as much running but might give the kite a run for its money. ;)

Sidenote: Kaya nearly took my head off when I went to feed her yesterday. Yay for seasonal/hormonal/weight changes. 8-}

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Spotted this when I was in miniland at Legoland last weekend!

[image=http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/sgca27/Legoland-133.jpg]

24. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    /\ Yum! My 2 favorite food groups...churros and cotton candy =P~

25. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Currently reading "Jack Sparrow: The Coming Storm" (Young Jack Sparrow Reading Series) outloud to my kids..

Did you know that if you read the words "Jack asked" you can have the entire classroom dissolve into hysterical laughter.

Yeah just say those two words outloud and see why. As for me...I was laughing as hard as the rest of them when I realized what I had "said."[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.