main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Adventures of Princess Poopzilla

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Aunties and Uncles of the RMFF...your wish is my command, lol. I thought that maybe a thread of JuJu's exploits would save me having to tell the same silly stories 87 times a day. Bear with me, I will try to not overdo the poop stories (there are a lot of those!)

The plan is to just keep you all posted on how she is and what she is up to. (I have a lot of late night time on my hands, humor me.) ;)

2. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I want to start with an older story, actually from the day she was born.

So, I had a c-section. I think everybody knows that. What you dont know is how that whole thing went down.

With a scheduled c-section they can administer anesthesia in a couple of different ways. With me, they decided to inject the medication into my back. Many of you know that I have a tattoo in the hollow of my lower back, which is exactly where the anesthesiologist wanted to do the injection. Now, the great thing about my tat is that it is a star wars tattoo. Most of us have one, I know big deal.

But the funny thing was when they were discussing how high above it to place the injection...the head pain guy walks around behind me and says, "I see you are a member of the rebel alliance, " and I start cracking up, sitting on the operating table, naked as the day I was born, with doctors trying to stick a needle in my spine.

Great starwars moment. :D

3. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Oh, and btw...Princess is sleeping right now. Had a good feed and a hiccup or two and she just fell asleep. I am gonna join her soon.

She is well. Her cold is better, the fever is pretty much gone. I am relieved. :)

Sick babies make mommys sad.

She sleeps now for about 3-4 hours at a stretch, so I am not the zombie I was when it was 1-2 hours at a stretch. She doesnt seem to know night from day, but I try to encourage her by keeping the lights lower, playing her sleep cd and staying in the bedroom during the night. During the day, I roll her bassinet into the living room and we hang out in there. She will learn. :D

She is more awake and more aware than ever. Not sure if you all realize this, but she turned one month old yesterday! It really does fly by.

Like I have told most of you, it is hard...very very hard. But oh so worth it. She is an angel. O:)

you'll see.

4. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I just had to go there, didnt I? I just had to absolutely jinx the hell out of myself by talking about how long shes been sleeping, hhm? ;)

Last night? I got maybe 90 minutes of decent sleep...split up and stretched over the whole stinking night. Fussy baby. Ugh.

Maybe she'll take a long nap later today. I can always hope. [face_praying]

5. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Cute Jen-nay :)

My best friend Julie just had her 2nd last week She insists that you should make alot of noise while they sleep so they get used to it :)

Being soooooo good at child care, thought I would pass it along ;) [face_love]

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    What a good idea, Mistress! This will be awesome for hearing all the little Julien stories. :) And how funny about the tattoo!

Glad to hear that her fever is down and her cold is getting better.

7. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Start vacuuming while she is sleeping. Trust me on this. For one, you can't hear her scream, and b, she will get used to noises and not wake up when you turn a page. Also, don't talk quieter when she is sleeping.

Those are my words of wisdom for today.

;)

8. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Sounds like great advice, everyone. I finally got selfish around five this morning and took a shower so I would relax and the fan in the bathroom is loud enough that I didnt hear her. She doesnt scream, persay...its more of a frantic high pitched grunt, but needless to say it is hard to ignore. :)

I am seriously considering moving her bassinet into the living room. [face_plain]

I am definitely going to move the crib out there when I go back to work. A lot of the little noises babies make are not important, or urgent. But new moms have a hard time hearing the difference in the wee hours and sleeping through the noises she should/can.

And I am glad you like my idea. {thread} :D

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    You used to vacuum before we got the big shiney purple monster of vacuuming doom?

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Is it a Dyson?!! Those are so cool. I would vacuum every day if I had one just for the sheer joy of it. :D

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    What is this vacum you speak of???

12. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    jennay that is great. thanks for sharing your stories.

love you girl!

13. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    She smiled at me today...she really really smiled. :)

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Remember, it's where they get the zero point energy from for a ZPM.

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow. That must have been the most precious sight, Jennay. :)

16. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    It didnt last long enough for a photo, but as soon as one does...you all will be the first to see it. :D

17. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    HEY! I haven't heard one POOP story! This is the Princess Poopzilla Thread is it not?
    At this point that would be ADVENTURE for her. [face_laugh]

...and no Pooh references! :eek: [face_shame_on_you]

18. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Oh! I almost forgot, Jennay, I am soooooooo glad of the JOY you are finding within yourself and the fulfillment that Lil Angel has and is bringing to your life. AHPR said it best, "Babies are magical" and I'm starting to see that better now that I'm older. I look forward to reading about the new adventures you will both have...

I can see it now... posts-14,563
    WOW!

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Thank you for your kind words, Pooh Bear. The transformation a child brings to your life is profound...it is magical. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, I just never knew exactly what that meant. I dont claim to understand it yet...but I do have a much greater appreciation for parenthood than ever before. I can claim that at least. Profound. Thats the best I can do at 1:30 in the morning, sorry. :p

I look at her, at her little face...her tiny fingers, her wee toes...and I feel a kind of love I cannot explain. A love I feel I have searched for without ever even knowing it. I have been waiting for her my entire life. She completes me. Motherhood makes me who I was meant to be...whom I was meant to be? Lol.

I will never be the same.

And I think thats a good thing, a blessed thing. :)

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Do you really want to hear poop stories? Lol. I might violate the TOS. [face_sick]

I will say this...how one tiny baby who doesnt even weigh eight pounds can churn out that many dirty diapers is a mystery only the lone gunmen, Mulder, Scully, Matlock and that Angela Lansbury Lady combined can solve.

Ewwwww!

Ever seen a baby hippo? Yah, its like that. Except without the tail. [face_plain]

21. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Heh, poop story. ;)

I used to vacuum before we got the amazing vacuum cleaner of SWEETNESS, but not very often. And the vacuum is a VAX, from australia or something, it's like a Dyson, but cooler. MUCH cooler.

[face_laugh]

22. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Cooler than a Dyson?!!! :eek:

Had no idea that was even a possibility, lol.

So yesterday was a hard day. My darling piggy [face_pig] has decided to go through her six week growth spurt one week early, so she ate pretty much all day yesterday. I went to my moms in a desparate attempt for some rest. I have a small stockpile of expressed milk there, you see. My mom fed the girl and kept her company while I caught up on some sleep in the guest room. Nice. Actually slept long enough to squeeze in a few very weird dreams.

A well rested and much less frazzled mommy woke up and took her girl home.

I set up her bouncy chair on the couch so we could watch the tube together. Now you might think a one month old child would have no interest in television and I would tell you that normally that would probably be the case. But not with this infant. The Princess loves to look at lights and light sources...sooooooo, she likes to look at the tv. Does she appreciate its fine nuances? No. But it is cute to see her big eyes bug out in the direction of the screen.

Nice. :D

23. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    You have to see my vacuum. It IS cooler.

Enjoy a night out and make sure you look smashing. ;)

Someday, when I'm feeling especially EVIL, I'll gift you with the Wiggles dvd's from Isabel, if they aren't all scratched up from her watching them ALL THE TIME.

[face_hypnotized]

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I look forward to the nail driving contest each year...if it werent so darn loud I would probably take the girl with me...and yah, Looking smashing is definitely on the agenda...hair in curlers, new post baby outfit, lots of single men with hammers...yummy.

I will probably be calling my mom every two minutes to check on JuJu, though. ;)

First night out, woot!

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    wiggles? Sounds evil. I am afraid. [face_worried]