main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Animated Character Draft (Champion = Chim)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I thought about that with Him, but recalled that he has been successfully pummelled by the PPGs, and his telepathy is only to a certain degree, and his ridiculous amount of powers while seemingly infinite usually aren't the most combat-effective against high-caliber opponents.

But, it's my belief that when there's a question about it, just drop the person. There's always someone else you can get, no need for argument.

Sedusa I think would be too weak, she's not even a good seductress. Rowdy Ruff maybe

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    So, no input for the team stuff, anybody?

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    It's a good idea. What more needs to be said?

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm still all for it. I haven't gotten around to who I think would benefit from that the most, though.

I was thinking definitely Team Kurenai from Naruto would be a good team. You'd have Kiba, Hinata, and Shino together. I wouldn't include Kurenai due to her Jounin status. This is also why it becomes difficult to determine if Ino-Shika-Cho would work. Because Shikamaru has some great techniques, Chouji can become downright beastly, but then Ino hasn't changed all that much. So maybe they could work together.

I was thinking maybe have the Sound Four be a team in themselves with Kimimaro still being seperate.

Team Gai wouldn't work, because of Lee's and Neji's power, but I don't know who to team up with Ten Ten.

I guess they could work, and even include their Jounins, if you want to bring up the lower Naruto characters to "Akatsuki" comparable levels.

But that's just Naruto.

5. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Naruto guys? Really? I wasn't really thinking any of them would qualify for that. Like the Sound Four seems way too beastly to be getting with just one little pick.

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Two of them were defeated by single Genin. Two were defeated by two Genin. The only one that was ever really impressive was Kimmimaro. And they would get wiped by any member of Akatsuki. There's just a severe drop off from say, Itachi, Kisame, Kukuzu, Hidan, Deidara, Sasori, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Orochimaru, Gaara, Naruto, and Sasuke down to the other members, in terms of power. Sure, Sakura is awesome and with prep is really great at coming up with plans. But she lacks a wide arrange of offensive jutsu knowledge and spends most of her attacks just smashing things. Neji has even been left in the dust. Shoot, Kisame gave all of Team Gai hell with just 30% of his chakra. That's how big the split is between those singular members and the rest of the show.

7. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    True enough. I dunno. Maybe... okay maybe I just don't like it for my own little trifling reasons. That kinda being that I was really hoping to get a couple of the... I guess weaker Naruto characters as personal fave throwaway picks in certain rounds.

I guess I can spoil that one of them would be Hinata. Her being all by herself, I feel confident that I can snag her at pretty much any time. But damnit, you group her with her unit and all of sudden she actually becomes useful. My team could be ruined!!!! This is exactly what I was afraid of. Anytime I try to do something specific, it gets **** on!

:p

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    And Hinata wouldn't be useful alone in a late round setting? Sure she may not have all the power behind her Hyuuga style that Neji does, but she still has the near 360 degree telescopic vision and is more likely to follow than he would be.

9. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Bah, you know what I mean. I know she'd be useful, but it's not like she was in any real danger of being picked last time. Hell, outside of the members of Team 7, did any of the Konoha 11 get picked last time?

Oh, yeah, Shikamaru. That's it, I think.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Naruto teams, really? The other teams like TMNT are still worthless then.

Personally I would rather just eliminate some of the more unknown or worthless chars from each show, especially the ones with like, the whole show on the list.

11. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Hence why I wanted to team them up. Because then they wouldn't be worthless.

12. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Oh, pish! There's no need for a bunch of unnecessary cuts. Who cares if the list is huge? Options are options are options.

Like I assume Naruto is one of the shows you're suggesting. Well, come on now. Yeah, there's a cubic ass-ton of names there, but so what? Almost every character from that show brings a unique sort of skill to the table. And sure, maybe not all of them are really worthy of being picked, but hey, maybe one of those is a personal favorite of somebody's that they might like to pick as a sort of throwaway in a late round. There's no harm in keeping them on there. And really, I can only see one character on there that maybe strikes me as being legitimately crappy (poor Ino), and even she's not totally worthless.

And you know, now that I made an effort to plow through the early episodes, even BLEACH??? is starting to grow on me some. It's still not all that great, but at least it's watchable.

EDIT: Actually, who the hell are Meizu and Gozu on the Naruto list? Don't remember them.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm just saying, if we start teaming up Naruto picks and picks of that nature than lower-tier show picks, even teamed, are still pretty much worthless. With this amount of people we'd never get to them. But, for this I guess I'll go with whatever as long as the high-tier power isn't all ridiculous. I just want to get to the next draft.

14. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, pretty much. I leave in 10 days here. It looks like I'm gonna have to just send in a giant list of PMed picks, which is cool, since I know pretty much exactly who I want, but, ya know, the draft's gotta start by then.

Pretty please... [face_batting]

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Haha you should just PM in the whole list in order of who you want

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    So who do we want to cut off of the top then? Or is the power level all good?

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Meizu and Gozu are the Demon Brothers. Those two mist ninja that attack Team 7 as they leave Konoha on their way to the Land of Waves.

Yes, those two with the chain claw weapons on their hands whose only accomplishment is making Naruto **** his pants.

Drop them.

18. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Oh, lordie. Those clowns? Yeah, bye-bye.

And honestly, there's only a couple that I see that need to be dropped due to being stupidly overpowered. I'd say Nono and Galaxia for sure. Aside from that, maybe Merlin and Mim's powers are just a little too... undefined. They seem to be capable of, well, pretty much anything. Merlin especially. Also, Aku's kinda iffy as well.

Those would be my five suggestions to drop. Nono, Galaxia, Merlin, Mim and Aku.

Goku and pals are fine as long as they're kept within the original series, IMO.

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Tenchi needs to drop. Period. I looked at his whole thing.

Yes Tenchi, just like that. He's unbeatable.

Well, I want to keep Galaxia but it's not worth arguing about, if she's dropped I won't complain. The other 4 yeah they should go.

And Tenchi. Good grief, should he go.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Tenchi? Really? Just like that?

21. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I have a few more adds:

Scrapped Princess:

Shannon Casull & Zefiris
    Steyr
    Cz
    Socom
    Galil
    Christopher Armalite & the Obstinate Arrow (they hold off an entire army, but the army is medieval so I think they should be a team).

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    How many people are there in Obstinate Arrow?

23. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I'd have to recheck. But I don't think too many were involved in the unit by the end of the series.

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I say we also get rid of Alucard. No one knows how much holy power it would take to kill him, or how much of any other type of power.

25. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Boooo!

He actually lost a match this past draft, and was judged as being defeatable by constant blasts from Gundam-level energy blasts, so it's not like he's unbeatable. Plus he's just so... cool. Way cooler than Nono ever was, that's for sure. Dude's a pimp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.