main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The art of Cheveyo - fan art: UPDATE 4/10 - originals comparison

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Cheveyo, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **rubs eyes after judiciously studying all the fabulous graphite drawings**

I never get tired of looking at your work, Cheveyo--in whatever form or process-step it is, it leaves me slack-jawed in admiration and respect... I can never get over how accomplished you are with drapery and costume design/creation: each one looks totally coherent and comfortable on the character wearing it; the robes swirl and move in perfect synchronicity with the figure, conveying the energy and movement so beautifully...absolutely gorgeous. The mood you achieve with light and shadow is astonishing--"Intruder" is one of the best examples of this, perhaps, with the character's face in complete shadow, the light creeping around from behind him into the darkened, threatening room... The illustration of Jacen Solo from "Betrayal" is also wonderful this way--just the way he's standing, the tilt of his head as he looks down at us (very effective use of angle here, too--putting him "above" us this way), the impassive expression on his face and the obvious point that his weapon is unlit, suggesting that the dark power already growing within him is the much greater threat... The dark clothing, the way the light seems only to skip off rather than linger there...perfect for evoking the vague yet gathering danger of this man... I love this piece very much. **nod**

Thank you so much for sharing these drawings--I won't say sketches, as they're quite clearly finished pieces of art even without the embellishment of color. It's always a marvelous treat to see how a gifted artist gets to the "finished product," and it's especially so with art like yours! Thank you again!

FF

2. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    She looks great! I like both versions, and it's fascinating how you transformed the sketch into a digital painting. I really like her pose; she looks alluring, but also vaguely dangerous and like she could explose into action any second. The colours you used also work really well together; there's an "urban" look to the digital painting, with the colours and the background, that I really like. Brilliant work! =D=

3. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Those are all fantastic! The detail in them is amazing, and I love the coloring. They all look very realistic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.