main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Art of Darth Zemog. [ Updated, 3/14/05]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthZemog, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    that battle scene is cool!
    -blueworlds

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Zemog...wow! Your work is always a joy to see.

I really like the way you handled the line work on Grievous, alternating from thick to thin. It's beautiful.

Thanks for sharing these with us. :)

3. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Once again, Zemog, I am truly blown away by your work. It is just simply stunning. Very, very precise, detailed, and over all amazing work. I am throughly impressed. Keep up the awesome work. :)

~Vassago

4. Darth_Otaku

Darth_Otaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Ooh-very nice art. I especially liked the female Twi'lek padawan (a Twi'lek female who doesn't view Oola as a fashion model) and Darth Vassago.

5. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    In looking over your portfolio, I see in all of your awesome drawings, you have no Count Dooku drawings. How can this be? :p

I know you're a busy guy, but I think if you ever get some spare time, you should try to add some Dooku to your collection. That would make it awesome. :) Just a suggestion, of course. ;)

~Vassago

6. DarthBudzy

DarthBudzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2004
    Hey, Zemog, how's that pic comign? ;)

7. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey All, well here's a new RPG character design I finished. This one is for Duran_Lomax, it's his Jedi Knight named Robal Krahl. I hope I did him justice DL! :)
    [image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/robal_krahl.jpg]

Thank you for being SUPER patient with me. I really hope you like the drawing and I hope it was worth the loooong wait! :D

Later, DZ!

8. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    These drawings are amazing. How long did it take you to do them?

9. DarthBudzy

Jan 25, 2004
    Oh
    My
    GOD.

Man, I had tried to make my description as vivid and detailed as possible. . .but I never imagined that the final project would look EXACTLY AS I ALWAYS PICTURED HIM. You have TALENT, Zemog. Thank you so much!

[edit: If you're wondering what pic I'm praising, he took it down when I asked for the conceptual credit that I was legally entitled to for creating the character. No, it is NOT a Star Wars character. It was my property, to be used in my non-Star Wars science fiction stories, therefore, a credit was NOT too much to ask.]

10. DarthBudzy

Jan 25, 2004
    [edit: Zemog refused to give me a conceptual credit for my own creation while it was displayed at his site. I will no longer display this picture, as it has printed on it the same sort of credit for HIM that I was denied. It should be noted to all who have asked for commisioned work: He is displaying illustrations from your concepts on his site without any credit given for the originators of the characters, which is VERY dishonest. He credits colorists, but he will not credit you for your concepts. If you ask him to, he will just remove the pics from his site and sweep it under the rug.]

11. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow Zemog, you've done it again. Truly amazing...I can't believe what I'm seeing. You have such a gift that I can't even describe it. Both drawings are amazing, and I think you captured them well. Your attention to detial is simply staggering. Phenomenal job.

I hope you don't mind if I reccommend some RP people to you for drawings of their characters. I don't want to over load you. [face_blush]

Once again, you continue to amaze me. Keep up the amazing work, my friend.

~Vassago

12. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks DV for the compliments! I try to please. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Oh well.

Anyway, you be happy to know I'm going to start work on a Dooku pic along with some Episode 3 versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan. I try to fulfill all the request I get! Besides, I need to do more Episode 3 artwork! :p

I've currently been working on some artwork for a fanzine called the Rancor's Tooth. I'll have some story artwork in it along with a pretty cool cover design. If anyones interested in it, PM me and I can point you in the right direction to get a copy.

Well, got to go draw!
    Later, DZ

13. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Holly crap!! Awesome work man!! Awesome! =D= Maybe we could work something out for me! :p

darth_nemisis

14. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Just finished perusing your thread and then your website. Your talent with pencil and paper simply amazing.

Most impressive of all are your concepts for characters, which just smack of originality.

15. DarthBudzy

Jan 25, 2004
    Dude, the concept sketches are concepts from other people. He drew what other people described.

16. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    DZ, I loved the Robal Krahl sketch so much, I just had to color it. I hope you and Duran_Lomax don't mind. :p

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/robal_krahl.jpg]
    Original

[image=http://www.swsaga.com/digitalstudios/fanart/robal_krahl1.jpg]
    Colored

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The colored version looks great. Nice team effort!

18. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    He drew what other people described.

My point exactly. There's no baseline or reference point (e.g., Leia in ROTJ... we all know what she looks like -- get close to her facial features and put her in a metal bikini and we're all going to know who it's supposed to be). Not meaning to take away from any of his other drawings, but even Zemog's concept drawings (even though I know nothing about the characters) have distinctive looks to them, which my zero-drawing-talent self finds amazing.

19. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    DarthZemog, thank you very much for doing this. I love the drawing; it actually looks a little like I do in real life, which is how I picture my RP chara Robal. :)

EDIT: jacemathem, thank you for coloring it; i love how it looks! It's just too cool. :)

EDIT2: Duran_Lomax was my sock; I just forgot I was using him when I made the request :p

20. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow Jacemathem, that turned out awesome! :D

You're very welcome Robal_Krahl. It was my pleasure to do your request. Again, sorry for the long delay.

Arin_Atona, thank you for the compliments. I try to match my drawings with the descriptions I get from my fellow fans. But those characters aren't my creations, only my drawings of them. :)

I have also put a disclaimer onto my website that clearly states that the concept drawings are only my interpretations from the descriptions provided me by their creators. If anyone else I have done drawings for is unhappy with this action, please feel free to contact me and I will remove your character from my site. It's not meant to offend anyone, just to allow me to showcase my drawings. I can see how it would look stumbling upon my site and thinking those were my characters. They are not, they belong to the fans who requested them from me in a polite manner. I have always given credit to the creators in this thread.

An unfortunate altercation with DarthBudzy resulted in me taking a look at this and clearing it up as best I could. I would love to give everyone credit for everything on my site, but the fact is, it's really a site to showcase my penciling ability and to host images for me to post here. [face_plain]

DarthBudzy had requested a drawing of his original character, which I did. He initially was pleased, but he later became angered that no credit was given to him on my website as it was his original character and not an already established SW Species. He sent me a rather unfriendly message about this so I decided to take his drawing down from both my site and my thread. I wish him the best with his character, but because of this I will no longer accept requests for artwork of original characters that are outside of any known Star Wars Universe Species. Sorry for this. :(

I will continue to take request though, but only if you ask me nicely! DZ ;)

21. DarthBudzy

Jan 25, 2004
    By the way, DZ, since you claimed you will delete any further messages from me, I'll just tell you here:

I NEVER THREATENED YOU WITH LEGAL ACTION. I pointed out that I was owed a credit. Where the HELL do you get a threat of legal action out of THAT?!

If you get a request for a piece based on someone else's concept, YOU CREDIT THAT PERSON. END OF STORY. The reason why my PM was harshly worded was that, rather than correct the problem, you swept it under the rug as if nothing had transpired. THAT, sir, was a slap in the face, and I responded in kind.

22. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I don't really see the big deal. I mean, just be happy that he took time out of HIS life to do something for YOU! I respect that, and hope he does the same for me.

Again, great work DZ!! =D=

darth_nemisis

23. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Gonna have to agree with nemesis, it's not really a big deal...of course, I'm the laid back type. :p

24. DarthBudzy

Jan 25, 2004
    It's a big deal because this was NOT a picture of a Star Wars character. it was a picture of an original character that I plan to use in my OWN fiction for the purpose of publication (the character, not the picture. i had NO intent of having THAT published). If it were a Star Wars character, I wouldn't MIOND not being credited, but this character was 100% of my creation.

25. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Please, can we take the bad blood and move it elsewhere. All the negative waves are hindering my creativity.

[image=http://freespace.virgin.net/sion.lew/oddball.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.