main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Art of Darth Zemog. [ Updated, 3/14/05]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthZemog, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ill001

ill001 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2004
    Ridiculously great drawings. I can only imagine.

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Oh yes, I was browsing through the FanArt Museum and saw more than a couple of Zemog's amazing drawings. Very, very well done, my friend. :)

Hope to see you back soon.

~Vassago

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I hope to see you back soon too. I can't wait to see what you draw next!

darth_nemisis

4. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Hi everyone,

Mike (Darth Zemog) has kindly allowed me to use his Clone War art in the desktops section of TRASHCOMPACTORCHRONICLES.CO.UK

It's not linked in yet but I wanted to show it here first.

[image=http://www.trashcompactorchronicles.co.uk/images/clonewarss.jpg]
    800x600

[image=http://www.trashcompactorchronicles.co.uk/images/clonewarsl.jpg]
    1024x768

Hope you like![face_praying]

5. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Dammit. I was working on coloring that. Nice job, though.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for posting those images, Daankin! They really look great! :D

7. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey all, I just wanted to say how great my Clone Wars pic looks with the excellent coloring done by the extremely talented Daankin! Amazing colors D, amazing! :D

FalconFan, I have been studying anatomy ever since I started drawing comicbook characters years and years ago! I took some classes in Jr College, but to be honest, I had already learned how to quickly sketch a persons pose by reading "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way" and various other books. George Bridgeman helped a lot as did Burne Hogarth(sp?). Basically the best advice I can give about learning to draw the figure is to just keep a sketch pad handy and draw whoever you see. Drawing people where ever you go is a great way to get practice on getting the figure and pose down in a really short amount of time. I really advocate drawing from life, using your friends, family, yourself and ofcourse the total stranger as your models. Practice just getting the pose first, then move into learning the muscles and the mechanics of the body. How it moves and what it looks like from diffenrent angles. Most important, draw, draw, draw! :) Hope that helps. Btw, your figures in your pics look really good, the path your on is definitely the right one! Keep it up!

I was really surprised to see my sketch of the General as the link to the Fan Review! Thanks ConcordDawn, I guess I must have done something right in my drawing of him to warrant that!

ill001, you can get as good and even better at drawing then me, all it takes is practice and a love for drawing! Don't get discouraged at your first attempts at things, don't be affraid to try something new, and most of all don't let others get you down! There are a lot of neagtive people out there, but also a lot of really positive ones too! Thankfully this place seems to be filled with the positive ones! If you keep with it, you'll be drawing things you never dreamed you could! :)

Well as for me.......
    I should have some new images to post soon, been working on some requests for friends along with illustrating some stories, and doing some ROTS drawings too! :)

See you all soon,
    DZ :cool:

8. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Awsome and a half!

I love how GG's claws dig into the troopers' helmets!

9. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Awesome coloring for an awesome drawing. :D Glad to see you back around, DZ. ;)

10. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    DarthZemog is like the Force, you hardly ever see him, but you know he's there.

11. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Woa, Darth zemog's stuff is lyk woooaaaahh!
    Such clean sketches. I have a waaaay to go it seemes.
    :eek:

12. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Woo! Darth_Zemog is back! Hope to see some of your lovely drawings soon.

darth_nemisis

13. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Thankyou DZ, I got it finished finally.

It's now linked into the site, just look for the moving trash on the main page.

Cheers D

Oh sorry Jace, by the way I like your new site.

14. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Well here we go with the first batch of new stuff I've been working on!

First up is two drawings for my buddy Darth-Vassago! This is his character Emperor Vassago, and a pic of him mixing it up with Robal Krahl!
    Hope these were worth the wait DV! :)
    [image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/emperorvassago.jpg]

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/evrk.jpg]

The next one is for darth_nemisis, his character of the same name finishing off some poor Jedi Knight! How's this DN?! [face_devil]

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/nemisis2.jpg]

These next two are some illustrations done for the Fanzine the Rancor's Tooth. This is my cover design for issue #2 along with some illustrations for the short story, Shades of Grey. Its a really cool collection of some great SW short stories along with some talented illustrations by some other SW fan artists. If you'd like to know how to obtain a copy PM me! :)

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/rancor2.jpg]
    [image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/shades_of_grey.jpg]

Well, that's it for now, I'll have some more to post up real soon.
    Later,
    DZ :cool:

15. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    Freakin' sweet.

16. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Hey Zemog, I was wondering if perhaps you weren't too busy, you could do some sketches for me.

I sent you a PM with most of the details.

Get back at me.

17. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Welcome back, Zemog!!!

Great to see you back, my friend. I was starting to wonder if everything was going okay with you, man.

On to the pictures; AMAZING. Just blows me away, man. That picture of Nemisis is just great, and the duel pic is simply stunning. The portrait of Vassago is so spot on it's amazing, and I love the "shrouded" feeling. Just perfect, friend. Once again, simply stunning job, the sketches are beauitufl.

As for those comic covers, those are great as well. Great attention to detail (as ALWAYS!), and just magnificent work, Zemog.

All in all, a brilliant update, man. It's just awesome that you're back, and you're better than ever. Keep up the genius illustrations...amazing, man. Great job.

Keep drawing, my friend! :)

~Vassago

18. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    Hey Zemog, I'd be willing to be your colorist for whatever you're sketching for fanzines and the like. ;)

19. LadyAngelic

LadyAngelic Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    Nice Work Zemog...Can't wait to see the rest of your work.

20. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    [image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/avrsr.jpg] [image=http://www.swsaga.com/digitalstudios/fanart/robal_krahl2.jpg]

Colored version of Robal Krahl vs. a dark Aayla Secura

21. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  22. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    I realized that Aayla's clothing didn't fit the Dark Jedi scheme, so I fixed it.

23. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Jace, great job on the colorings!

Just a quick question, would you mind coloring my pic(s) for me? I'd really, really appreciate it. :D O:)

~Vassago

24. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm not sure I'm just going to color every picture that people want me to color. I've had a few problems overstacking my workload recently, and I'm trying to regulate my schedule. I only colored this recent Krahl/Secura duel because I instantly saw the completed work when I first glanced at the sketch. I had to finish it. Not to mention I wanted to test a few new coloring techniques with this last piece. Plus, I want to showcase some more coloring to DZ, if he might need some future work.

25. fett5aa23

fett5aa23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Would you be willing to come aboard my Star Wars comic as an illustrator? If so, I'll send you the brief story line for it and get you the script for the latest issue :D You're art is rockin'

Aaron P.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.