main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bashers' Sanctuary Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Binary_Sunset, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    >>>Complex plots, well lets look at TPM - here is a film which spends 45 minutes of tortuous, contrived plotting about how the main character gets spare parts for his spaceship.

Mmm... Is it possible to play DVDs and videos at the wrong speed?

I wonder what the DOTF would look like att 33rpm...

>>>No I think he just didn't want to film it.

I agree. Whey would he want to film something that never happened?
    8-}

>>>Well they are called "resistance" cells so that would imply they are fighting, unless they're just mounting an agressive anti-TF advertising campaign.

Or just hiding, like the French Resistance did in that famous documentary "'Allo 'Allo"?

2. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Another double post! Stupid IGN boards!

Lady Sami, celebrating a second year of PT bashing

3. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    (In what could be my last Basher Sanct post ever...)

And I just don't get why people get intimidated by this this thread being so big. It's not like anyone but Stryphe actually tries to keep up with all the posts any way

Eeer, well, you know... [face_mischief]

"but she would have gone to the Senate for help either way. And so the point still stands -- Jedi saw an invasion occur and the Senate didn't believe them -- what the heck?"

The Jedi didn't testify, did they?

Exactly. I thought the Jedi were trying to help resolve the matter. Didn't look like they were trying hard to me, looked like they just wanted to tag along for some weird whacky adventuring with their comedic side kick Jar-Jar.

As for the joke about squadrons...... For the love of all thats holy, NO! Dont even joke about that

Oh, come on, RBE, you know it's your hearts desire ;)

Stryphe, I think you answered your own objection to restarting the Sanctuary. Really. Trust me. Just another 36 hours or so and you'll see. The Sanctuary will be stronger and more firmly ensconced than ever.

I hope you know what your doing. If you'd spent the last two years dealing with the politics of the JC as I have, you'd realize the danger. In even event, we still have LOTS here to help promote basher propaganda :D

EDIT - Congrats on lasting a year, Lady S. :)

4. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    I'm telling you now... the last post in this version of the Sanctuary is gonna be a ******* double post! [face_laugh]

I'm hoping for a list of credits.

First credit...

The Bashers' Sanctuary

Caused by and dedicated to
    George Lucas.
    (You brought this on yourself!)

C'mon people... we gotta end this on 15,500 posts, I know we can do it. :)

EDIT: I think we should have a special "SW PT Basher" icon to celebrate the new sanctuary.

5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Darth-Stryphe,

Thanks! Just try getting rid of me! {Alfsvoice]HA! What do you mean, banned?[/alfsvoice]

Did you see my response in the 'Anakin's NOT the Chosen One' thread?

Lady Sami, still celebrating--hic

6. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    "the last post in this version of the Sanctuary is gonna be a ******* double post!"

Now there's a safe bet if I ever saw one! [face_laugh]

7. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    "the last post in this version of the Sanctuary is gonna be a ******* double post!"

Now there's a safe bet if I ever saw one! [face_laugh]

8. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Binary,

I do hope you are right and Darth-Stryphe is wrong. I really hope we have a new basher's sanctuary today.

Lady Sami

9. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    Tonight, the Sanctuary rises to levels of greatness never before achieved. :D

10. TheAnointedOne

TheAnointedOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2002
    If you can't trust anyone else, you can trust me! There will be another Sanctuary! For I am the Anointed One!

:D

11. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    In response to the discussion about the Jedi testifying for Naboo...

Qui-Gon Jinn was a chronic mind-tricker and Obi-Wan had potential to become a liar, Oops, a "point-of-viewer". Do you really think having them testify would really have helped Naboo? ;)

Yoda and Mace would have been brought up to discredit Qui-Gon before he got a word out!

12. Scott3eyez

Aug 1, 2001
    Jedi saw an invasion occur and the Senate didn't believe them -- what the heck?"

>>>>The Jedi didn't testify, did they?

Exactly. I thought the Jedi were trying to help resolve the matter.

:confused:

What did the Jedi say that nobody believed?

13. Scott3eyez

Aug 1, 2001
    Everything that went wrong ever is Qui Gon's fault! The dirty, cheating, lying, stealing...

With a Master like that, wouldn't you develop a drinking problem?

14. Scott3eyez

Aug 1, 2001
    What's going on with the disappearing posts?!?

Either Punisher posted something before my last one, or I'm writing replies to the voices in my head...

[face_shocked]

15. Darth_Sillyname

Darth_Sillyname Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    If I may ask, I assume the commas indicate periods? (I know that not everyone uses periods.
    - Yes (an answer that's better late than never ;) )

I don't really believe what Mayhew said in that interview. I think he was simply making stuff up (I hope).
    But if he's really read several pages of the script I guess that means he doesn't just appear as a cameo. Why oh why would Chewie even be in a prequel?! He doesn't belong in the prequels! He was Han's sidekick. He was the impulsive, emotional archetype character in the OT. There is no place for him in Ep3 unless Lucas forces the character into the plot somehow...all in some lame attempt to please the fans.
    And from some of the reactions I've seen, it will be a success. Which makes me believe that many fans simply want to see the OT with better effects, instead of a new Star Wars story with new and good characters (which are sadly lacking of course).
    For these people I have two words: Special Edition...

Close this Sanctuary?!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'm just in time to say goodbye to the second Bashers' Sanctuary.

The Bashers' Sanctuary is dead.
    Long live the Bashers' Sanctuary!

16. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    I'll bet in the SW prequel prequels, we'll see a young Qui-Gon Jinn tell a young Palpatine that he should go into politics!

Oh, young Chewbacca, baby Jango and fetus Greedo will have a cameo in the SW prequel prequels, too! ;)

17. Scott3eyez

Aug 1, 2001
    What's going on with the disappearing posts?!?

Either Punisher posted something before my last one, or I'm writing replies to the voices in my head...

[face_shocked]

18. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Punisher,

[face_laugh] !

Lady Sami knew commas are used in place of periods in European style numbering. What, nobody looks at the choices for numbers in their excel programs!?

Lady Sami, looking forward to being the Queen of the new, improved, Basher's Sanctuary, Deluxe Edition

19. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    I can't believe Chewbacca is in E3. How inappropriate. The only OT characters that make sense in the PT are:

Obi-wan Kenobi
    Anakin
    Palpatine
    maybe Yoda (but I think not)

20. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Scott-
    I agree. Whey would he want to film something that never happened?

So do you genuinely think that as far as Lucas is concerned there was no fighting? Its an interesting idea.
    I suppose there's more info about it in the TPM related books, but I've neither the desire or inclination to trawl through them for info one way or the other. Do you know what they say about it.?
    As it is I remain under the assumption that there was fighting.

Or just hiding, like the French Resistance did in that famous documentary "'Allo 'Allo"?

Are you suggesting that Panaka is Rene? Or the one who says "Good moaning." ? :p

g

21. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    The thing is, if Mayhew's right and Chewie plays the role he's hinting at, a lot of Jar Jar defenders are gonna be pretty angry!

Wouldn't be funny if Jar Jar's role in Ep.3 amounted to him getting blown up with one of Padme's decoys?
    So much for Jar Jar's "important reason" to be in the PT! [face_laugh]

22. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    is the new sanctuary going to be littered with trolls like this one, or are the rules going to be posted clearly? not that the rules are not clear in this one, they just often go unenforced.

and how is it that the TPMDF has squadrons whose basic job is to attack other users who have a different opinion? i thought that was exactly the kind of thing that was against TOS. they say the best defence is a good offence, but that doesnt make it ok.

something is fishy and it aint kosher either!

23. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    I honestly doubt anything would be enforced, I'm sure most of the members of the JC "government" wish to defend the right to have a Sanctuary, but I'm sure most of them really don't like such a thing to exist.

Seriously, I'd be willing to bet quite a few people would like to see this thread gone permanently and a few of it's regulars gone with it.

I'm of the opinion that some people would like for this place to be a SW lovefest 24/7, if you don't like something about SW, you don't really need to be here.
    Differing opinions need not post. ;)

24. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    Well, I like something about Star Wars, just not everything.

Is there such a person who likes every single thing with the Star Wars label? Every single issue of the hundreds of comics? Every single one of the hundreds of novels? Every single action figure? Every single video game? Of course not. No matter how indiscriminate someone's tastes, there would have to be at least one of the above items he didn't care for.

Does that mean that there aren't any Star Wars fans in the whole world? Of course not. It means that you don't have to like everything with the SW label in order to be a fan.

In short, if you like anything with the SW label (even if it be but a single SW comic published back in 1979), then you have earned the right to call yourself a SW fan.

25. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    And by your logic, the fact that you like Matrix automatically means that you have to like TMR because you tell us bashers that we have to like all the SW films, regardless of quality!

?[face_plain]

Actually, I've never claimed to be a Matrix fan, I just happen to like the first one. Given that I found the sequel generally underwhelming, I think it's safe to say that I am quite definitely not a fan of The Matrix.

As for my alleged preocuppation with Reloaded, I am merely discussing its deficiencies relative to my favorite film franchise. And I am posting on a Star Wars message board, after all.

----------

is the new sanctuary going to be littered with trolls like this one?

If by "littered with trolls" you mean "occasionally visited by those with reasonable but differing opinions" then the answer to your question is most likely yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.