main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Can we keep Rafa for away games, and get a new manager for home games?

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    There's a quite a few aspects to the Guardiola to Bayern story, worthy of a fairly lengthy post, but I'm not in the mood, so I'll just stick to one central aspect:

LOL@Chelski

3. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    A coin-operated dancing monkey, maybe, but what about rafa Benitez? [face_thinking]

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Read some speculation that Pep wants the Man U job when SAF retires, and as a result couldn't take another job in England so as not to upset any of that fan base. With England and Spain off the table, there is no better job than this one. Of course, he has to win Champions League to be a success there. But, with the talent and resources available I don't see that being an issue at all.

5. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I can certainly believe that he has an eye on the ManU job down the line, but I don't think that's why he chose Bayern now. Bayern's one of the top clubs in Europe, made it to 2 of the last 3 Cl finals, are among the favorites this year, have a very good core of players, an excellent youth development system and are one of the best run clubs around. The only other serious suitor was Chelsea, that he would turn Roman down can mainly be ascribed to him having a functional brain.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    No doubt. Bayern is one of the top clubs in the world. Wasn't trying to imply otherwise.

7. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I know you're not, but the British media certainly is, they simply can't get their minds around the idea that someone would turn down the Premier League.

8. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Southampton sacking Adkins. Worst decision ever (alongside ever giving Rafa a job)

9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    it was so funny. Pep's comments about the premier league were the back page story everywhere. that afternoon, he signs for Bayern.

lol, press.

in no way is Bayern a "stepping stone" but he's wise to steer clear of Chelsea and City, whilst leaving his options open for a future PL stint.

yankee8255 likes this.
  10. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Bayern isn't a stepping stone from a personal development perspective, it's a high quality club that enables him to prove he has what it takes in another league.

I still think he's going to be the next Man U manager and this is the safe job before he takes over from SAF as it causes no animosity between clubs in the Premier league.

It's a political job rather than anything

11. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    if he struggles with Bayern, he can kiss the United job goodbye, though. Bayern are a safeish pick given their quality but they're not Barcelona-safe.

12. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Apparently the deal was already done before Christmas, they were just hoping to keep it quiet until Spring. I assume the PL statement Pep made was meant to throw the press off deliberately. And biy did they fall for it.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Clint Dempsey rescuing a point for Spurs at the death against ManU

Couldn't watch the match as I'm at work this weekend. Sounded like a wasteful match for Spurs with chances being there, but no one able (or willing) to make the correct pass and play the correct ball to set up a teammate for an actual good match. Sounded like Deuce should have had another earlier, if not for a great save from De Gea.

Still, three good results: Goal for Dempsey, Point for Spurs, two points lost for United.

14. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    and that's what you get allowing them to dominate possession. almost inevitable they would score. ****.

15. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    A fair result. But a decent point for United. WHL is not the easiest place to visit.

16. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
  17. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Bradford. :cool:

Now just for Rafa to lose...

18. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Anyone want to venture a guessas to why Pique and Shakira named their son Milan?

19. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Well, that was interesting....

20. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    It's a hazardous game and the role of a ballboy is a hazardous one

etc..

21. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I take it the ball boy will now be sacked for not doing his job.

22. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Best. League Cup Final. Ever.

No offence hal, but this is exactly what football needed right now.

23. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    lol @ Hazard.

lol @ the Chelsea Twitter account.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. epic

Jul 4, 1999
  25. epic

Jul 4, 1999
  26. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    That's an absurd red card. I would warn Hazard for being a little impulsive, but the ball boy basically invited the Belgian to try and get the ball.