main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala The Black Corset Piece

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Amidala_wannabe, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    LadyZam your dresses look very very nice, hope we can take a picture together when i wear the anakin costume =)

2. StormXPadme

StormXPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    alright... here's the first pics of my corset piece. I love the way it turned out :). except for the scarf, all was done by friends which I'm really thankful for since it wasn't too expensive that way... The scarf I actually did myself *G*. definitely a costume for a lifetime... I love it :). Can't wait to wear it on our 'waiting for ROTS' camping :D

http://mitglied.lycos.de/stormxpadme/fgfrontc.jpg
    http://mitglied.lycos.de/stormxpadme/fgsidec.jpg

3. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Absolutely gorgeous, StormX!

:)

This one is on MY to do list!

ecila

4. StormXPadme

Oct 28, 2004
    thx! let us know when you begin! I love every version of that dress I think :D

5. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    Very pretty gauntlets you have there! Your costume looks great :)

6. StormXPadme

Oct 28, 2004
    thanks *blush* I was really working with that friend who's doing leather sewing for a living... I mean, if I had a leather sewing machine, I SWEAR I'd learn how to sue, no matter how bad I am at these things... leather is just sooooo beautiful and exciting and... *sigh*

7. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    Tell me about it :D . Only it's a shame leather is so expensive: ( , not very pocket book friendly stuff ;)
    But I doubt if I ever do this costume. On its own it looks very sexy and tempting, but on Padme, it looks horrible, and with that I do not mean that Padme looks ugly ;) , just with the whole idea of not wanting to have a relation with Anakin. If you don?t want it, fine, but don?t wear a tight fitting black corset that screams: take me! Ahum?..Padme is a very wise intelligent woman and I couldn?t imagine why she wants to wear that. But than again, it is only a movie, so I won?t make fuzz about it :p .
    The costume looks great on all off you! :D

*crawls back under rock*

8. Ame_V

Ame_V Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2004
    Finally, a decent picture of my dress! Here is me at C3 with the really cool Anakin guy:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Ame_V/C3%20Sunday/Steve6.jpg]

There will be more to come.

-Ame

9. Orcagal

Orcagal Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2004
    wow, that guy looks just like anikin!

im loving everyones padme dresses!

i'll admit i only made the necklace of mine - i cant sew for toffee! mum made the skirt, and aunt made the top.

my ideal would be to get a proper tight lacing leather corset to go with the skirt though, as the top is snug, but not exactly a corset!

the material for the skirt i used was a pale cream satin, with pink and darker peach threads running through it - it was very crinkly stuff! the lace was a tiny round pattern in black.

10. StormXPadme

Oct 28, 2004
    which reminds me that I have another pic of my corset piece on too, from the ROTS premier camping days... reminds me, cause I'm standing next to a PERFECT III-Anakin too, including sith-eyes, Master Replica Vader-sword and scar... I've never seen a more perfect Anakin costume... unfortunately I have my eyes closed. oh well.

[image=http://mitglied.lycos.de/stormxpadme/morningnome.jpg]

*edit* oh and I only did the scarf for my costume myself, too ;) we're in the same boat ;)

*edit2* and yes it rained, and yes, it was cold LOL

11. Orcagal

Orcagal Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2004
    interestingly enough, complex beadwork i have no problem with - so that scarf was quite easy - i used a crushed velour fabric to make a neck piece and trail, and many any strings of black and petrol effect sead buggle and "bean" beads. how'd u do yours?

P.S. how do you post a url link on these boards? the tags i know dont work.....

12. StormXPadme

Oct 28, 2004
    just buying two black scarfs, my auntie cut and sewed them into the neck part and the long one... than I bought black beads and these bead strings... I used to do armbands with beads too (we're freakingly similar LOL), so I know how to do it... it looks good with just black , very small beads on the black scarf :). I put the neck piece on with velcro fastener and hook the long one in with velcro fastener too... easy enough, and I love the look of it.

13. Orcagal

Orcagal Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2004
    sounds cool. i sewed the hanging piece on, and it conects with hooks at the back. the petrol beads were useful in adding a bit of shimmer to it, so the beads weren't lost against the fabric.

14. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    that guy from c3 is starting to get on my ****. His costume was really not great and everybody loves it and is talking about it. Cant understand that. And ppl even said he looks like Hayden. He does look like Anakin cause he is dressed like him. Nothing more nothing less. And Btw his costume is bad

Sorry for me beeing not nice about that guy, but there are guys that put so much work in there costume and in the makeup, in the hair. And there comes a guy just put the stuff on draw the scar and thats it. I just dont get how somebody could say his costume was good

15. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    But now back to our regularly scheduled thread - the Black Corset piece.

Nice costumes Ame_V and StormXPadme! Too bad about closing your eyes StormX; ah well, there will be a next time.

Edit: sp

16. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    Good evening! i am having a problem with finding the pattern to make the gauntlets for this costume(3380) and have tried ebay, mccalls.com, etc. Any other companies or patterns out there that I could use?

17. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I made my own pattern for the gauntlets pretty easliy. I measured my arm around the top, above the elbow, below the elbow and around the wrist. I then added seam allowences to those. I measured the length from just above my knuckles to where I wanted the gauntlet to end (and added SA's to that too). I took the measurements and made a pattern on some tracing paper and tested it. After finding that it worked, I cut out the fabric. I tried the gauntlet on and traced a hole where my thumb goes and cut it out.

You can kind of see it here.
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/blackcorsetdress/websize/Black%20Dress%203.jpg]

You can see how they sit on my hands here.
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumephotoshoot/websize/Black07.jpg]

18. widow_skywalker

Jul 5, 2005
    Thanks BenaeQueen for the advice about the gauntlets... Your costume looks wonderful.:) I hope mine turns out half as well.

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yeah, when I made the gauntlets for the ROTS brown outfit I also just measured my arm instead of using a pattern.

20. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, well, well...

Look at what Vogue has up this season:
    http://store.sewingtoday.com/cat/20000/itm_img/V2810.jpg

Verrrrrrrrry familiar looking, no? ;)

21. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Thats the pattern I used for my skirt and top :) It just needed to be modified a tiny bit (seam lines). Its a great pattern for anyone looking to make this costume.

22. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    That Vogue pattern is great. I just wonder where they get those models? Is there an island full of stick insects somewhere? Geez! [/hijack]

23. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    I know what you mean, they should really use some average sized women for models. Chances are, they're ones using the patterns anyway, not the stick ladies lol.

24. widow_skywalker

Jul 5, 2005
    I agree with the stick figure model thing...Jeez, force feed those gals some shakes or something...

I like the vogue pattern, but I found, for the corset, I went with a historical pattern, and removed the busk in the front and replaced it with a seam. Plus, since I am, how to put this politely, very top heavy, I found, through trial and error, that the decorative corset/bustier tops do not have the support that I need.

25. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    I found another good pattern for the skirt part by mccalls 4376

the top part might even be good for alteration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.