main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: The Chosen Path (AU/Tagged) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Summary: Six years have gone by since The Long Twilight Path. The newly reunited Republic is straining under martial law. As sentiments are turning against the Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice Bali Tiro return?

The usual disclaimers apply. George Lucas owns it all; I am not making any money on this.

Author's Note: This is the third and final chapter of The Book of Paths Trilogy. While this is an AU and much has changed, much remains the same. The first two chapters can be found here: Book I An Uncertain Path. Book II The Long Twilight Path. And there is a series of random Snapshots

I have booked it for the last two weeks and have the story in a complete draft. It is a little messier than the previous two but I doubt it will show in what is posted. I cannot tell you how long this story will be or how many posts are in it for I do not know. I can say, for those who have read the previous two chapters this story is different. There was a stylistic change between AUP and TLTP and there certainly is one between TLTP and TCP. I have no clue how it is going to work out but bear with me, please.

2. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001

For my ally is The Force. And a powerful ally it is. All of life feeds it and makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we?not this crude matter. Feel it you must. Feel the flow. Feel The Force around you...

-Yoda

The Book of Endings

Along the very edge of the swirling Komari Nebula, where blues and golds danced in an eternal ballet of light, just beyond the Mejor Straights and through a debris field of destroyed battle fleets was the tiny world of Itheria. It shined with the silvery brilliance not unlike any star as the inhabitants celebrated the first full planetary cycle without war.

The Galactic Republic had conquered its rebellious children, the League of Secessionists, and brought order to the front lines of the civil war.

Life had returned almost to normal for the Itherians for after nearly five years of being caught between the warring governments the fighting stopped and the blockades ended. Aid and trade were quickly resumed to the world of great soldiers and ship builders.

For through the darkest days of the civil war, they had kept their allegiance to the Republic. They had suffered through starvation and constant fear of Aveniar raiders as the battle lines changed daily. The Itherians had been cut off from the civilized galaxy as a whole and only in the end learned of the great battles and bloodshed that had marked the war.

All along the front lines of the battle, worlds had been devastated, as they had been the staging grounds for the armies and armadas of both sides. The Itherians learned how lucky they were to have survived with relatively little damage.

The Hokep world, a few days by hyperspace travel was little more than a burning husk left from the battle of Terkania where the Aveniar were soundly defeated and where the tide of war had turned in the Republic?s favor. After Terkania, the foundering Republic pulled itself together and marched toward the Aveniar throne world. With barely a shot fired, the Aveniar crown surrendered and like that, the war was over.

The Itherians, nevertheless, had suffered from the blockade. Their world ran on the export of solva-alta, a cousin of the healing bacta. It worked on many species where bacta did not and had often been found as an excellent addition to bacta treatments. While the war raged, the solva plants continued to grow and be refined even if ships could not transport the healing material to where it was most needed.

Without the solva trade, they could not get the materials to build their legendary yachts and Toyga class corvettes.

Aid had come in the form of Bail Organa leading a small fleet of service ships with much needed supplies and help under charter of the Senate Loyalist Committee.

That was well over a standard year ago and while Itheria was far from complete recovery, it was stronger and ready to celebrate.

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine had welcomed the rebelling worlds back into the Republic under the Terkanian Edict. The returning worlds would submit to the law of a regional governor and would be forced to repay the damages brought to member worlds and protectorates of the Republic. The toll was heavy but the former Aveniar Imperium and its allied worlds agreed with little protest.

Palpatine named the Grand Duke of Itheria?s Mohab sector the Mejor Regional Governor at the recommendation of the Loyalists.

The sovereign ruler of Itheria, Edylo Tanát, encouraged by his subjects, created a day of celebration to honor such an achievement for an Itherian. The Republic Senate had chosen Grand Duke Edylo Ledó as protector of the Mejor region, the highest position any Itherian had reached in its millennia long membership to the galactic wide government. Under the Senate?s directive, the Archduke would help guide the former rebels to become a better, more productive part of the Republic.

Tanát stepped from the podium to usher the Archduke up with an ethereal grace. The Itherians were long believed to come from the sa

3. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    [face_shocked] It's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I got first post!!!!!! :D :D

And Obi's back!!!!!! [face_shocked] :D :D :D

Dang Red you sure know how to make a gal's day! ;)

4. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Wohoo!!

And this time I'm here for the beginning, for once!

Looking forward to more,

-Tim

5. creelin

creelin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    Welcome back, Red!

This is wonderful. I was so excited when I saw this. I can't wait for more.

6. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *shocked face*

checks again

the post was there and the force was with Obi-wan!

Very very happy to see the post, You just made my day
    red.

7. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    WAHOOO!!!! Its here RRK..

And here I thought we would have to wait until Feb to read it..but we don't..WAHOO!!

This was a great post and can't wait to read more..

Keep up the great work..

PT

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: I can go back to work with a huge grin on my face! We love ya RED ! [face_love]

9. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I can't think of a lovelier welcome when returning to the boards from a forced absence, than finding this waiting. Merci beaucoup, RED - and I can already tell that the Force is with you.

Great start - marvelous images - fantastic action sequence - and, of course, magnificent hook in that he obviously didn't start the fight - but it's obvious that he ended it. :D

CYN

10. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    What's this?!?!?! TCP, up already??

And Obi's back!!!

You've made my day, Red!

Great first post- can't wait for more!

11. windengo

windengo Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2002
    Soooooo happy!!

I love the last part especially. blue cut through the air ... Obi-Wan Kenobi quietly eyed the room before deactivating his weapon

Dear old Obi! :)

12. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    *gasp* It's here!

Life is good! :D

And for once I can enjoy this roller coaster ride since the begining! :D

Excelent first post!

Already wanting more.

13. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Ditto to all that have been said already. As much fun as it was bulk-reading AUP and TLTP, I'm glad I will be able to respond continuously to this one.

Great start, looking forward to more! :)

14. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I'm with Cicci.

Lovely, red_rose_knight! I was wondering why Bali was there without Obi-Wan. Got my question answered!

Can't wait to see when it gets a little farther!

Just Jill

15. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

A dazzling intro, RRK! Beautifully described, wonderfully written and reintroducing our beloved Jedi master and apprentice with rip-roaring impact.

From what I happily observe, Obi hasn't lost a whit of his Jedi prowess and Bali appears to be a top flight padawan.

Ah!!! I've got that thrilling tingle of excitement a reader gets whenever one begins the first reading of a greatly anticipated work.

16. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    *jumps up and down madly in the air, races around like a lunatic hooting madly, knocking over all trinkets and tipping over chair - - - then begins infamous Wookie-break-dance sequence*

It's here! - It's here! roars with joy, and I get to start at the very beginning with it :D :D

begins to chant:
    OBI'S BACK!!!
    then begins to sing to the tune of "My boyfriend's back"

My Jedi's back and there's gonna be some trouble
    Hey La Hey La, My Jedi's back
    His Padawan's grown and lookin' like his double
    Hey La Hey La, My Jedi's back
    If you're Sith in disguise you'd better take off on the double
    Hey La Hey La, 'Cause my Jedi's back
    :D

Bows to Master Red, then falls to knees and kisses her pink feet*
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    You have made up for an absolutely horrid day of Physics, Physiology, Anatomy, and Philosophy :(

btw In case I haven't told you, I really like this story :p

:D The Wookiee

17. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    Yes! I cannot wait for the next post. I just love Bali and Obi-Wan! Post soon!

18. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    I think I did a triple check when I saw this up... not to say that would ever be bad.. :D

WAHOO!

Had to get that out... great start RED! And Obi's back!

Hmmm I think I'll write more when I get over my shock..

Till Later~
    Siri

19. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Now that I've read the first post three times, I'm ready to say I'm already wrapped around your finger. That's not nice, you know. :p

20. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    As soon as I saw this story was up, I gazed reverently at it and used my select Word of Praise, which was unfortunately "wow" (my articulate level disintegrated). I love the action and I can't wait to see how you portray an older Bali--aw, I'm still used to seeing him as a little kid.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the story unravels and what has happened to the characters over the span of years. Most importantly, I'm waiting to see if Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan will finally be reconciled.

Great first post! :)

21. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Halfway across the room, blue cut through the air and then there was a sudden silence. Like the blaster bolts, the crowd suddenly stopped.

*Rogue silently keels over in shock, imitating the same reaction as the crowd when they saw our magnificent Obi*

:D I can't believe it. I thought I was going to have until Feb. to reread the other paths. Now I have to do it really quick before we get too far into this one. Like many others I'm glad that I'm here for the beginning and you know I'll be here until the very end.

Obi-wan seems all right- he can handle his lightsaber just fine anyways and Bali is sweet! I got the impression from teasers that Obi may not have recovered fully, but I guess we;ll see more into that as we go. I can't wait to see what you do with this wonderful story Red.

Will you still be posting Snapshots on occasion?

-Rogue

22. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    It's here, It's here, IT'S HERE!!!!!

I really liked the other two books and have been impatiently waiting for this one to come up...THANK YOU!!!

23. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    I guess everyone found the story? ;)

CalaisKenobi? Dang Red you sure know how to make a gal's day!

I try. I actually was trying to get it done late November but September being all messed up I had a lot of time to think and work out a lot of stuff so I speed wrote for the last two weeks and just decided to surprise everyone.

Darth_Tim? And this time I'm here for the beginning, for once!

You know, that might not be a good thing. 8-}

creelin? Welcome back, Red!

Thanks!

Jedi_Knight_Hunter? You just made my day red.

I?ve heard that a lot today,

Padawan_Travina? And here I thought we would have to wait until Feb to read it..but we don't..WAHOO!!

Well, I could take the post back and wait until February. 8-}

obi_ew? I can go back to work with a huge grin on my face!

Yeah and they will wonder what you?ve been smoking. :D

CYNICAL21? magnificent hook in that he obviously didn't start the fight - but it's obvious that he ended it.

Would you expect anything less of Obi-Wan?

Halcyon03? What's this?!?!?! TCP, up already??

Surprise!

windengo? Dear old Obi!

You have no idea?

Psycho-Freak? Excelent first post! Already wanting more.

Well, you will have to wait until tomorrow for another post.

Cicci? As much fun as it was bulk-reading AUP and TLTP, I'm glad I will be able to respond continuously to this one.

You say that now, wait until you are in the middle of the story and suffering through a little post a day. Fretting about what will happen to Obi-Wan next and why haven?t I gotten back to him yet?

Just_Jill? I was wondering why Bali was there without Obi-Wan. Got my question answered!

I figured just posting was torture enough so it?s a good thing Obi-Wan made an appearance.

Sugar_Bear? Ah!!! I've got that thrilling tingle of excitement a reader gets whenever one begins the first reading of a greatly anticipated work.

As the writer of this fractured fairy tale I am looking forward to all the discussions and replies. :)

flashbacca? OBI'S BACK!!!
    then begins to sing to the tune of "My boyfriend's back"

Oh no! [face_shocked] I?ve inspired singing?well, as long as it isn?t me singing. Dogs howl for some reason. :confused:

You have made up for an absolutely horrid day of Physics, Physiology, Anatomy, and Philosophy

Glad I could help. :D

cristalvandepol? I cannot wait for the next post.

Another postie tomorrow.

siri_Z? I think I did a triple check when I saw this up...

Thought you were hallucinating? I know, it?s shocking.

TheFallen? Now that I've read the first post three times, I'm ready to say I'm already wrapped around your finger. That's not nice, you know.

3 times? Relax, breath deep and remember there will be a post almost everyday. I can?t promise everyday but I will do my best.

Lady_Moonbeam? I love the action and I can't wait to see how you portray an older Bali--aw, I'm still used to seeing him as a little kid.

Well, I think if you liked him as a little kid, then you will like him at 19. He has grown up a lot but under that beautiful Jedi exterior, he is the same little boy he was in the previous stories.

Most importantly, I'm waiting to see if Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan will finally be reconciled.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh wait?you were serious. ;)

ROGUE_49? I got the impression from teasers that Obi may not have recovered fully, but I guess we;ll see more into that as we go.

This first post you saw Obi-Wan from across the room the picture will be different from up close.

Will you still be posting Snapshots on occasion?

I don?t know, we will see.

Bekah_K? I really liked the other two books and have been impatiently waiting for this one to

24. Kampfzwerg

Kampfzwerg Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2002
    Oh red, you're just wonderfull.
    *kneels in front of red*
    I admire you endlessly. I wish I was a so talented writer then you are.
    *sighs dramatically*
    You can touch so much hearts with so less words.

25. Mysticshill

Mysticshill Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm so happy you posted this. I'll look forward to more everyday!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.