main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The build-a-character challenge

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Shadowen, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
  2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Sorry, I was away for a while. Do you two still wanna post a char and keep this going?

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'll try to have it up sometime tonight...if I don't, I uh, fail.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    If I don't post my character during this week you can eat my first-born baby.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Champion: orbital mirror operary by day, masked vigilante by night

"Champion is everywhere! I've heard he defeated six Nikto thugs all alone! Mommy, I want to be like him!"

The Republic is down. The Empire is in power. But, can they keep the peace in the undergrounds of Coruscant? To Kay Smik the answer is clear: no. The youngest of the Smik sibilings, Kay always adored his sister Tenny and wanted to make her proud. She was rarely planetside, because her job as a diplomat always had her traveling here and there. But now she's finally back home, and Kay won't let anyone put his adorable sister in danger.

"Someone has to uphold the old ideals... Someone with a blaster..."

Something inside Kay's head made click. He had never been completely sane, but the night he decided to take the identity of Champion, the masked vigilante, everything changed. He decided to become Coruscan't Jedi and he's surprisingly good at it (ar so he thinks). Children love him, the Empire is not sure what to think and he feels proud of keeping the streets safe. And he's everywhere. Sometimes he doesn't even remember half the heroic feats attributed to him...

"The Fight for the Pinpik Skyhook? Oh, uh, sure, it was me all along..."

Kay "Champion" Smik: Adult Male Human, Expert 2/Scoundrel 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Def 11 (+1 Dex, +0 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 5/10; Atk +1 melee (-, stun baton), +1 melee (1d3, punch), +2 or -2/-2 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, ascension gun); SQ Expert class skills (Astrogate, Computer Use, Craft, Disable Device, Knowledge, Pilot, Profession, Repair), Illicit barter; SV Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +8; Str 10, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 14.
    Equipment: Ascension gun, stun baton, breath mask, Goth robes, landspeeder ("Champmobile"), utility belt.
    Skills: Astrogate +1, Balance +4, Computer Use +7, Craft (weird gadgets) +5, Disable Device +5, Disguise +7, Knowledge (Coruscant) +5, Move Silently +4, Pilot +6, Profession (Orbital Mirror Operary) +3, Read/Write Basic, Repair +7, Speak Basic
    Feats: Gearhead, Sharp-eyed, Skill Emphasis (Climb, Tumble), Stealthy, Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

"Hey, sis, heard about what Champion did last night? Ha! Makes you wonder *who* is hiding behind that mask, uh?"
    "Uh, yeah, sure it does, Kay..."

Tendra Smik had lied to everyone. Her family believed her to be a diplomat, part of the diplomatic corps. Her job had been very different. She had worked as a mercenary, a job she did reasonabily well. Now, after the fall of the Republic, she's back home. that last botched work at Subterrel had left her with a sour taste of mouth. She only wanted to relax and to look after her slightly crazy brother Kay. When she found out Kay had become a masked vigilante she realized the rest had come to an end.

"By the minions of Xendor... What's he thinkin' he's doin'?"

Adopting a suit similar to her brother's, Tendra has become his shadow, helping him every night and trying to save him from getting killed.

"Raise your hands, scum. Yeah, I'm Champion, the masked vigilante blah blah blah... That unconscious guy? Uh, he's my... sidekick, yeah... Champiboy..."

Tendra "Champion" Smik: Adult Female Human, Soldier 5/Scoundrel 3; Init +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Bonus); Def 19 (+3 Dex, +6 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 56/10; Atk +10/+5 or +6/+6/+1 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, ascension gun], +9/+4 melee (-, stun baton), +9/+4 melee (1d4+2, crit 20, martial arts); SQ Illicit barter, Lucky (1/day), Precise Attack +1; SV Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +10; Str 14, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 15.
    Equipment: Ascension gun, stun baton, breath mask, voice modulator, Goth robes, lots of patience.
    Skills: Astrogate +6, Balance +10, Bluff +10, Computer Use +6, Demolitions +8, Disguise +10, Escape Artist +7, Gather Information +4, Hide +6, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (Coruscant) +9, Pilot +8, Profession (Mercenary) +5, Read

6. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    NIce job! I'm gonna say the deadline is Tuesday night at midnight board time for this one, unless someone needs more time.

7. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Great stats JoinTheSchwarz! [face_laugh]

8. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    JoinTheSchwarz, you are winnar!!!! Post the next concept, if you wish!

9. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yay! A winner is me!

The next concept is a simple one: "Lucy in the sky with diamonds". Do whatever you want as long as it fits that description.

The winner gets two used A4 batteries.

10. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Oh yeah, here's your burritio. Sorry about the bite out of it.

11. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Up, I thought this was a fun idea.

12. Darth_Boppu

Darth_Boppu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" is too vague, so I have decided to make a new topic.

John is obsessed with cybernetics. When trying to free himself from skeletal and back pain, he decided that they were comfortable and nice alternatives to the incredible constant pain of real body parts.

Thus, he replaced every part of his body except for his head.

With his newfound body, John likes to kill things. He has decided that his appearance, with no organic-looking parts on him, save his head, is very intimidating to sentient and non-sentient creatures alike.

John also likes big guns. He mounted one or two on his skeleton, in case he needed them at short notice...

John must be level 15, with no Force-Sensitive classes.

The winner gets an ATI radeon 9800 Pro graphics card with the GPU melted.

Have fun!

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" is too vague

That's the point, young cowboy. :)

14. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I'd give it a shot, but believe it or not, I don't actually know the words to the song.

How about an Arconan Salt adict?

15. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.