main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The cause of Clone and Galactic Civil Wars

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by HowardFilms, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    When looking back on the history of Star Wars, there is one major flaw in the Galaxy which allowed the Clone and Galactic Civil Wars. What was it? The answer may suprise you:

The flaw was Naboo's poor choice in leadership! Yes, think about it:

Let us start with Palpatine: How did no one notice that this man happened to be a raving Sith lunatic before running for Senator? I mean, that would be found out in the US, and technology is far superior in Star Wars. Not so convinced? Maybe Palpie fooled them? Fine.

How about Amidala. What planet elects a 14 year old as their queen? Who votes in these elections? Are they insane? In any case, this queen allows the Trade Federation's rise in power, the election of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, and is partially responsible for seducing Anakin to the dark side.

Now for Jar Jar. Sure, he was a big help in the Naboo conflict, but Representative in the senate? Let's face it, even as far as gungans go, Jar Jar is not the sharpest tool in the shed. And this gungan gives Paplie complete control over the galaxy, allowing for the Empire.

Believe me now? My solution: We test the Death Star on Naboo, not Alderaan. After all, which planet deserves it more, huh?

2. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Naboo is the greatest planet in the entire saga. Your words are officially null and void [face_plain]

:p

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    You're right. I wish Naboo was Alderaan. :(

4. darkjedi8906

darkjedi8906 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    in a sense the prequal trilogies were all kinda weak because they r meant 2 be weak thus far the calm before the storm of all hell breaking lose in revenge all these obvious pieces of a puzzle were just pawns to the movies that lead 2 4-6

lucas could have done it in a book if he wnted 2

5. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    The cause of the galactic civil war and the Clone war were one man and one man only: Palpatine.

6. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    No way, he couldn't have done it alone.

7. darkjedi8906

darkjedi8906 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    take a bet

no one knows how long palps was alive

after phantom

palps created clones as we al know after he destroyed democracy

padme and bail and others created the rebels

the tradition carried out to a new generation

palps is entirely responsible for everything both wars

8. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    But the weakness of Naboo gave him power, and the two othe stupid choices at leaders gave him the rest of the power.

IF Naboo hadn't elected Palpatine AND Amidala AND Jar Jar, Palp would have failed. It is the only One, single fault that can be named. You could list 1000 reasons, but that is the one that could have saved the galaxy. Again: 14 year old planetary queen? What do they smoke on Naboo???

Strilo edit: If threads don't stay active then let them be. Spamming them to keep them active is not a good idea.

9. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    My apologies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.