main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    no that is just cowardice :p

2. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    No it's tactical genius, tarkin didn't evacuate and look what happened to him :p

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Even when the microseries was going strong, Maul was still > Grievous.

4. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Really loved this one. It was awesome to see just about every evil group from the series in one episode, and aside from Maul and Death Watch's chance meeting, it all felt very natural. Though I do buy Maul's thinking that being found by Vizsla was the will of the Force. More Jabba is always great, especially when we get to see Jabba's Palace with Season 5 graphics and characters. I like the original CW movie, but Jabba's Palace was just so empty back then. Now it is much more in line with the movies.

My only wish is that when the blu-ray is released, they shift Revival past the Young Jedi arc. It really bugs me that the whole attack on Hondo's camp is mixed up this season just for the sake of a stronger season premiere. I'm okay with our of order episodes when they transcend seasons (such as season 3's Clone Cadets) but I don't like out of order events within a season.

Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No, he is not. Maul is a stupid mistake in the show. His return in these episode is raising too many questions and he is just a mini-Sidious. Instead of wasting time with this red douche, the show could have used Sidious and Dooku better.

Oh, Lucas, you old retard...

No, Grievous will always be better.

Order66Survivor and JackG like this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Agreed.

Spinning off from the training discussion in another thread...they could have done an arc showing Sidious training Dooku, maybe showing Sidious teaching Dooku how to fully let go of all he learned from Yoda, and I'd find it interesting. Since we're missing material between TPM and AOTC, is there any indication of exactly when Dooku joined Sidious? I've been under the impression it was shortly prior to AOTC.

Instead we've got Maul resurrected after being sliced in half, which was stupid as hell, and we've got Dooku dueling Anakin about as often as he changes his underwear.

Missed opportunities here.

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    ^ THE WIN is strong with this post.

Oh my god, that would have been such a great story. Just wonderful...
    I am drooling just thinking about the missed opportunities the show passed over.
    The show does not know how to handle and develop its villains well. It is sad...

The duels with Dooku and Anakin are just the most stupid thing in the show as is the Maul attacking Mandalore.
    It is another sign of how Lucas does not know how to care for his PT villains.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Something I've noticed, Savage has lost yet another horn on his left side. Poor guy's going to have none left by the end of this arc.

Not that he'll mind particularly by then though.

10. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    On second viewing -

+Maul's concern for still-unconscious Savage when Maul first awakens
    +Bo aiming for Savage as a threat to Maul
    +Maul saying 'he's my brother,' not 'he's my apprentice'
    +Maul squeezing Savage's new mechno-hand in encouragement
    +sort of meta-observation, that at the end everyone is talking about what the next step is, a good buildup episode, like Pt. 1 of the Onderon arc
    -still nothing, still stoked for Pt. 2

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    i doubt he will even notice unless he looks in a mirror [face_laugh]

pronker likes this.
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    They've bonded quite a bit. I'm not sure whether I'm comfortable with it. Savage is very handy to have around as an enforcer because he's friggin' huge and strikes one hell of an imposing figure. But he's not the best fighter, or company. I guess it's because there's literally no-one else in the galaxy who wants to be with Maul. Or Randy, for that matter.

I'm going to go look for some Maul/Randy slash fiction. There must be some out there.

13. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Ahaha. Ha. Maul wouldn't be comfortable with anyone else, maybe, and he's discovering that familiarity has its purpose? Maul discovering that the Lone Ranger needs his Tonto, otherwise he's talking to himself?

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Removed

pronker likes this.
  15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Dan Grievous hates such things, such fan services and lack of creativity...

I already miss the originality of the Young Jedi arc and the droids arc.
    Can not wait for this stupid arc to be over.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    If anyone wants the link to Not So Little Brother, PM me.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    have a feeling this Arc will be as great as the Umbara Arc, maybe even better

pronker likes this.
  18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    And there is something kinda sad about that if its true.

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I've no doubt this type of remark has been made about every arc. Perhaps it should be a perma-slogan.

20. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I always assumed it was shortly after TPM. I think it would take Sidious a good amount of time to teach Dooku to use lightning, Maul still doesn't even know how to use it. Also in ATOC Obi Wan says Sifo Dyas was killed almost 10 years ago, I always assumed it was Dooku working with Sidious.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    how?

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Everybody says that this season, but this is the only time I say it and it is for this "fan service" of an arc.

It is going to sound odd, but...
    I think Umbara will remain better. One of the reasons is that it even if it was somewhat repetitive, it relied on new things and creativity in characters, locals and tech.
    I know I am not the hugest fan of Umbara and I have a ton of things I do not like about it, but I would prefer Umbara to this arc that is just fan service for the last two episodes that it has contained. Part of Umbara after all was about the war...

Only time will tell... but I prefer Clones vs Umbara more than Maul being a douche.

23. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    This was a good episode especially after the last four. My one and only complaint is Maul, he seemed kind of helpless at parts. He struggled with one bounty hunter girl and an alien dog. When he should of killed them with one strike of his lightsaber.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  24. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Anyone else thought it was a bit wierd with Jabba's heavily Asian accented translator droid? She sounded like Joo Dee from 'Avatar: The Last Airbender'

[​IMG]

25. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Didn't Sy Snootles already kill Gardulla for Jabba, or was that some other Hutt?