main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 422: Revenge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    Then what's going to happen?

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Agreed, he's one of the few Jedi that I actually like.

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Ventress: I love you.....

Obiwan: I know...........except i don't love you.

*kid han eavesdropping*

Han: What a great line, maybe ill use it someday for my future girlfriend....minus the whole "i don't love you part".

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    "I'm sorry, that's the worst line I've ever used. I hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

5. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Huh. I thought Obi-Wan could tell when someone's trying to bait him.

6. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    My best guess.

Maul and Savage leave Lotho Minor and meet up with Mother Talzin on Dathomir. Talzin has new legs, and a clear mind in store for Maul, and he is healed completely. There also might be something about everybody's favorite Sith Lord here, I've seen a picture that might confirm this. They then go to a village on some planet with the plan of drawing out Obi-Wan, which happens and they do battle. Obi-Wan is either defeated and Maul thinks about how long he's waited for revenge and lets him go, or it's a cliffhanger. This will lead into Season 5.

That's probably pretty close to what's going to happen.

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, looks like that's pretty much it, darthcaedus. They might not go to Dathomir, though, Talzin might meet them in the junk pile, or they might meet somewehere else. Irrelevant anyway.

Maul recovers in some quick, magical fashion, gets a leg upgrade, sets a trap for Kenobi, duels with him and wins the battle, with Kenobi probably escaping somehow (Anakin & Ahsoka intervention?). Maul is not satisfied with his victory over Kenobi and makes some sinister statement about future plans.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Of course, the odds that a being who until recently was half Gollum/half Shelob and crazy for 10+ years, not to mention hasn't touched a lightsaber in that time, could compete with a Jedi Master who has had more dueling experience than anyone not named Anakin or Dooku, is ridiculous.

But then again, they made the Incredible Hulk Opress in 3 months or whatever so....

9. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    The power of Nightsister magic. :-B

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Maul should be rusty and not over-the-top. Even if he is in a full on rage, Obi-Wan should best him.

I think Randy will hold Maul's hand during a duel with Obi-Wan.

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Aren't we supposed to have a cliffhanger?

So, Maul has his lightsaber at Obi-Wan's heart or throat? We leave the season with Obi-Wan about to be dissected/bisected/dead? ;)

I *don't* want Obi-Wan just about slaughtered by Maul only to be rescued by Anakin/Ahsoka/whomever next season, but it's a possibility, right?

12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    He'll live. ;)

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed. Even Maul at the top of his game got beaten by Obi-Wan as a padawan. Granted, Maul got arrogant and Obi-Wan used that against him, but still. Obi-Wan has only grown in his skills since then, while Maul has been hanging out underground and walking on spider legs, apparently. :oops:

14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    But - but, his hate made him strong! Strong enough to take his revenge! against Obi-Wan.

15. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Good point. Logically speaking, Maul shouldn't be a problem for OW at all at this point.

Of course, TCW will just let Maul wipe the floor with OW. :rolleyes:

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Probably, because Obi-Wan's role in movie/TCW is to be the floormat to glorify others.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well here we are. Its Friday.

I think Obi-wan is going to end up in dire straights in his duel against not just Maul but Opress. TCW will play it as two on one and what Maul has lost in ability and what Savage lacks in experience will be made up for by the two working as a team. It also appears that just like TPM Obi-wan may lose his normal cool and that'll cause him some problems. I think its going to be Ventress who shows up somehow and evens the odds to fight Oppress and Maul to a stalemate and that is where the episode ends. Or makes escape for Obi-wan possible with her sacrifice.

18. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm not going to be able to catch the episode tonight so I'm going spoiler-free. I'll see you guys as soon as the episode's up on iTunes tomorrow. [face_peace]

19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ^ I definitely feel like Ventress could be helping out OW in this one.

But why would she sacrifice herself for him? I really don't know.

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't know myself why Ventress would sacrifice herself. My TCW shock value death sensor is going off. Heh, my gut feelings tend to match what is in my signature so don't take me to seriously.

See you later fisto1. I won't be catching this one until after midnight myself. I'm working late this Friday as normal. =(

21. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Oh yes, it's a total given that Ventress will team up with Obi-Wan against Maul and Oppress. I just think that we might have Anakin and Ahsoka saving Obi-Wan at the end because of that pointless scene with them in Brothers.

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    That would a head-thumper of a moment for me. :oops:

23. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Not just for you [face_sick]

24. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Yeah I really didnt get Ashoka/Anakin's cameo. They have absolutely nothing to do with this arc.

I also think thats its a given it will be Ventress. The OS says "unlikely ally" or something, in the darth maul trailer there's a quick scene of Ventress fighting Savage and last episode Ventress said she felt a monster from her past. I doubt they'd stick that in the episode if she wasnt going to show up in some way for the conclusion of the arc.

25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I still really want to see how Talzin plays into this, since her influence on the whole thing is inconsistent.

-The whole point of Savage was to help Asajj get revenge against Dooku.
    -When that plan fails, Talzin continues to help Asajj in her fight against the CIS and welcomes her as a "true Nightsister"
    -When Savage turned on Asajj, instead of killing him, Talzin helps him find Maul who will make him more powerful, and she has done nothing to reconcile Asajj and Savage.
    -When Savage finds Maul, Talzin says she'll make preparations to help him.

Asajj and Savage are both loyal to Talzin, and Talzin helps both of them despite the two of them wanting each other dead. I'd be curious to know where Maul's loyalties lie. Does he become a subordinate to Talzin? Does he stand independent of her and not care? Does he kill her? Why does Talzin help Savage and Maul, when Savage is an enemy to one of the last Nightsisters (Asajj)? Does Talzin care about the Jedi, is she looking for them to be wiped out? etc.

She just seems like Palpatine 2.0, in that she's playing both sides, but I don't see what she stands to gain from that.

Savage says that he wanted to become stronger to defend himself from Asajj and Dooku, and Maul is supposed to help with that (and Savage and Maul vs. Dooku would be beneficial to Talzin), but why allow Savage and Asajj to remain enemies? When Savage finds Maul and Maul is more interested in killing Obi-Wan than fighting Dooku, how does that affect Talzin's plan, or is wiping the Jedi out part of the plan?