main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.5 - Tipping Points - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    More time? it has 4 eps too, so they have enough time

DM99 likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The Onderon arc would have worked fine as a 4 parter with more stuff going on, more dabbling into the politics, more complexity, and more compelling characters. IMO the problem with that this was 4 episodes.

QuangoFett and Valairy Scot like this.
  3. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    So after this incident Lux finally decides to join the Republic? Can't wait to see what he'll do in Season 6...

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Did anyone notice Obi-Wan said "our padawan" at the end there on Ondaron? Sure, it could mean and probably was a general "our" but it perked up my ears - eh, what, Kenobi?

5. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Wasn't my favorite arc, yet it was not that dark and gritty like the Umbaran arc was.

6. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Thats a sidehit on Anakin. Plo did that too. All the Jedi in the temple are jelous of Anakin and how he managed to rise so fast inside of the order.

Kenobi definatly does not respect Anakin as a Jedi. He still looking at him as a reckless guy which needs to be watched.

Skywalker is noticing that but keeping quiet because he thinks kenobi just want his best.

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Not what I was thinking, is there a picture of Tano "choking"? ;)

8. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    The main weapons of those gunships was their explosive energy rockets/projectiles. The blasters/canons around the nose are just for near distance self defence like CWIS on USNavy Battleships. They cant fire their main weapons into near placed enemies, because the explosion would destroy themselfs too.

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    That face will not be available until the final season of TCW in which Anakin will choke Ahsoka to death because Obi-Wan is trying to take her away from him.

10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Cyborg Ahsoka might frighten viewers. Besides, it was quite a significant shot, went right through her upper arm.

11. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Did cyborg Maul scare children?

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Wut. I think it's clear Kenobi respects Skywalker's abilities as a Jedi. There's never any indication, even in AOTC that that was true.

He knows his friend well and if he sent Anakin to Onderon alone, he probably figures Anakin would be king. :p

Regarding Kenobi & Slave I, it looked like the shot hit near him, but even that was enough to knock him off his feet.

Not equivalent to a direct hit in the shoulder.

13. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It was pretty much right between his legs. The screen shot is a few frames after the initial hit - because Obi was completely engulfed in the explosion.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Anakin will be married to the senator from Naboo and Ahsoka will be dating the senator of Onderon. Scandalous.

No, but really I don't want to see Ahsoka backslide or see her mirror Anakin in that way. Sure, they could have that irony of Anakin finding out and criticizing her despite doing the exact same thing. But when they seemingly showed Ahsoka getting over her feelings for Lux (which was just abrupt IMO btw), I hope they keep it that way. And if Lux is going to enter the political sphere, then maybe he can finally be the one to step in, recognize the Republic as being corrupt (what he has learned from Mina and Dendup) and become a political opponent to Palpatine. Not wild about Lux being said political opponent, but IMO Palpatine sorely needs one, and it seems like Lux just got nominated for the job.

QuangoFett, Spazmatron and DM99 like this.
  15. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Nooooooo.

16. herp a derp

herp a derp Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    Knight3440 and DM99 like this.
  17. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    No. Anakin is more an opponent than a friend to Obi Wan. And the issue is Anakins struggle inside. Obi Wan desperatly tries to make him stay obedient to the Jedi Code, But ani on the other side is not wiling to give up his own mind and aggression. He just accepts Obi Wans good speaches and the positive praising, but other than that he gives a Rats azz to Obi Wans teachings and warnings.

In the Mortis trylogy Obi Wan nearly cried out to Qui Gon because of Ani. He sounded totaly tired and annoyed about Anakin.

18. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
  19. herp a derp

Sep 3, 2012
    yea little bummed out that its the gathering. I donno how I feel about two Ahsoka heavy arcs back to back, its a bit much. It also means the maul arc probably got pushed back more :(

Valairy Scot likes this.
  20. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    It's also a Hondo back-to-back-to-back arc

Spazmatron likes this.
  21. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

this creature is called LACUS Ahsoka. Grievous is lame against it.

22. herp a derp

Sep 3, 2012
    well that part I don't mind so much

Valairy Scot likes this.
  23. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    He sounded more concerned about Anakin than annoyed with him. Prior to Anakin's fall, Obi Wan and Anakin were practically brothers.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Guys once again next week's preview gets posted ONLY in the S5 spoilers thread.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    and Anakin considered Obi-Wan to be a father like figure to him as well