main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Clone Wars Fan Club is gearing up for Season 5!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    Obi-Wan seems to not have wanted to actually kill Viszla, so he only defended himself against Viszla's attacks. He even turned off the saber and clocked Viszla to end the fight. This is Obi-Wan, not Anakin, so he likely wanted to capture Viszla and find out exactly what was going on.

Also, the darksaber is pure Lucas, so blame him. In a universe with planet destroying superlasers (whose beams converge and don't just pass on through each other) and guys shooting lightning from their fingertips, I don't have much trouble with a black bladed saber.

2. Charn

Charn Jedi Master star 8

Dec 23, 2004

there are ways of disarming, without fighting, that could be done in what? five seconds? :p

black isn't a colour :p

black is the colour of objects that do not emit or reflect light.

A lightsaber EMITS light,
    therfor it cannot be black.

:-B

3. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    But he does disarm him, at the begining of the fight after the first pass, and then Viszla grabs the saber back up and comes at him again. He had no chance at all against Obi-Wan. The whole fight is only about 20-30 seconds in length, and Viszla has to resort to having his men fire rockets at Obi-Wan.

Well, o.k., lasers are made of light, and will only stop in a vaccuum if they run into something, and will pass through each other, yet the Death Star's superlaser had beams that converge and do not pass through one another, and instead form a more powerful beam. That just doesn't work either - the beams should pass through each other and certainly shouldn't combine in any way.

I'm just saying it's hard to play the physics card when you have plenty of examples elsewhere that don't work either.

4. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    The Clone Wars came back strong, with drunk Kaminoans, a heart attack-prone Rodian, and a butt kicking Padme. What did you think of the episode?

5. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    "Senate Murders" was a great episode! My only problem is that there wasn't a single line from Anthony Daniels.

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I didn't notice that! And we so could've used a well-placed "Oh no!" :p

7. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Well, I think an easy explanation was that it once belonged to a Sith sorcerer who imbued it with the dark side. It was so twisted by the Sith magic that it appeared black.

8. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I liked it...although Lt. "Squarepants" Divo sort of rubbed me the wrong way. But it was nice to see Bail and Padme in action together.

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    That's surprising. :p

10. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    So, Cat and Mouse.. Thought it was OK, pretty much more of the same. I wish General Tarantula didn't do that snicker sound so much.

11. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I liked Admiral Trench. :p

The new cloaking ship model was very good looking.

12. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    It was all right, not spectacular, but not horrible, either. Loved the "help me Obi-Wan Kenobi," though. :D

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I really enjoyed Cat and Mouse, though I would love a sixth Christophsis episode to round out the arc, and said six to be released in one mega-epic special movie. Which will probably never happen, but you can ask.

From the Aurebesh in the Cat and Mouse episode, apparently Admiral Trench's (slighter larger than normal) Dreadnaught is a reconditioned Sith Dreadnaught, from the New Sith Empire. Now isn't that just cool?

14. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Wow, I had no idea! That's an interesting little tidbit.

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And the Grievous flagship is, obviously, a smaller and more powerful version. Which is also quite snazzy.

16. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Next episode is supposed to show the return of Hondo and the pirates, and take place on Felucia.

17. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Awesome, back to Wonderland. ;) Is Boba showing up in this one?

18. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I think it's the one after, but I'm not sure. Part of me wants to know stuff, part of me wants to know nothing and be surprised. But from what I hear, there's no more breaks planned for the rest of the season.=D=

19. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Thank the Force for that! How do you feel about Boba coming back? I'm not too thrilled, to be honest. But it's not the first time, is it?

20. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I feel OK with it. It seems almost inevitable that he'd get involved at some point.

21. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I know, which is a shame. Originality, please, people? [face_praying]

Pretty confident they'll do all right with him, though.

22. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I'm excited to see Young Boba. Anyways, I liked "Cat and Mouse." Isn't it a prequel to Season One's "Hidden Enemy"?

23. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Saw Bounty Hunters, and it was OK. I liked it better than Cat and Mouse, the new bounty hunters were cool. It wasn't a very original episode, pretty much Defenders of the Peace meets Dooku Captured with a bit of Hostage Crisis thrown in.

24. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Good description. [face_laugh]

25. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Ha, thanks. What did you think of it, QGR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.