main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Randomly caught that Notre Dame game...HOLY CRAP! The definition of thrilling.

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    ND- Pitt the first game I've watched live beginning to end since moving to Europe a decade ago. Man was that ugly, bad coaching. Play of the game may have been Pitt running right on 3rd down in 2nd OT, leaving their kicker to attempt a 33 yarder from the right/bad has mark.

Agree with @darthtenboscuits point about the rankings, ND only has one SOS game left, and even that won't give us much of a bump, Oregon's edge in the human polls is too big. Need LSU to knock off Bama tonight, someone else to trip up KSU or Oregon as well.

But you know what, I don't really care. ND is in contention again this late for the first time since Lou left, the future looks bright. Let's Go Irish!

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Very please with Texas A&M's game today. I am really loving our QB!

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Man, what an ending to Pitt ND. Both sides should have won in the OTs.

5. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    or lost, depending how you look at it.

6. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    That's true, too. It was exciting, but not well played.

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I hate college OT rules. Just play a full quarter instead of the back and forth blah.

8. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I actually like the college ot system, anything is better than the nfl crapshoot.

I didn't even find it thrilling, I was convinced we were going to lose

9. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, I'm someone who dislikes both teams, so I enjoyed it. :p

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd like college OT better if they started on the other 25 yard-line and forced teams to put together a drive to get in field goal range. But, it's better than sudden death.

LSU-'Bama coming down to the wire

11. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Never saw that one happening. I fully expected Bama to steamroll over the Tigers.

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I think both USC and Oregon forgot how to play defense tonight, holy crap. Kenjon Barner was an absolute beast: 321 yards and 5 TDs. Still thrilled that the Ducks pulled off the win.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Wow. What a catch and run by 'Bama in crunch time. Wow Wow Wow

14. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Not sure how workable that would be, could take forever for one team to finally score. I would propose moving the starting point back 10 yards, to the 35, so that a team had to pick up at least 1 first down to get into surefire field goal range.

Latest BCS bumps ND down to 4 overall, despite being second in the computers. Oregon acutally has a realistic chance of catching KState, apparently, because of its upcoming games, so that it could narrow the gap enough in the computers, if not completely overtake KS. ND has almost no chance of catching the three teams ahead of them if everyone wins out.

Highlights one complaint I have -- why do the human polls get more heavily weighted (1/3 each) than the computers (1/3 for all of them)? Easpcialyl the coaches poll, which has always been a farce. Several coaches don't even have ND #4 on their ballots, which is a joke considering the schedule we've played.

15. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    At some point, the voters should take into account that Kansas State backed out of playing Oregon this year.

16. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    That's a shame, imagine the shoot-out that could have been -- and may still be.

17. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    (Theoretical) Bowl Projections

-Cotton Bowl: Texas vs Texas A&M [face_praying] please happen

18. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Oh wow...that would be brilliant if they could put those two teams against each other in a bowl game.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    It was done as a complete overreaction to the year USC was left out despite being #1 in the human polls.

I don't get the pollsters not having ND in their top two. K-State's best win was Oklahoma ... who ND also beat.
    Oregon's best win is USC ... who ND will also play. Or Stanford, who ND beat.

I get 'Bama 1, but in terms of what's been done on the field this year? ND 2, KState 3, Oregon 4. But, inertia will win out, and the way they started the season is how they'll finish if they all win out. Which, of course, they probably won't.

20. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Honestly, I haven't seen any of the other three teams play except for a few highlights on espn, so I can't judge who I think is better. More than anything, i jzust find it quite rich that everyone always complains about ND's preferential treatment and here we are looking like we're going to get screwed. Of course, that point becomes completely moot if we lose to USC, which I still find fairly likely.

21. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    A pretty good look by ESPN at how having more than two undefeated teams has resolved itself in the past decade.

22. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Somewhere, s65horsey is either deliriously happy or about to pass out. Dare I say "gig 'em"

A&M up 21-0 on 'Bama right now

24. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Oh please let that happen.

25. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    That'd be amazing.