main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census The Comic Book Draft Episode IX: Remaking the Cosmos [Now: Winner]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    That...actually might just turn me into a comic reader.

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    So I guess they were tired of their 12 partial reboots huh? At least they will have the different color Corps. That's the only interesting thing they've got goin. That, and Diana wearing pants.

3. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    It's actually not really much of a reboot in the sense that Geoff John's pet projects still happened. Blackest Night still happened, Brightest Day still happened. Generation Lost, obviously, still happened. They're just doing stupid stuff to certain characters. Lois and Clark is no more, Barbara back to being Batgirl, and some characters just never having existed. There's a lot of misinformation floating around.

It just reminds me too much of the awful Heroes Reborn era of Marvel. Which was only good for the Thunderbolts.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    wait, wait, wait...

barabara back to being batgirl? WTH?

5. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    I haven't followed at all, but that sounds like a reboot to me...

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    A reboot would be like they did with Heroes Reborn. Heroes Reborn was meant to be a complete reboot for the entire Marvel Universe outside of the X-Books. But sales were horrible after the first issues so they worked hard to put everyone back into the main 616 universe. This is a partial-reboot/revamp. Characters are being written out of existence, classic stories are being negated, but at the same time we still have the fact that Brightest Day still happened. It isn't going away just because of Flashpoint's ending. And, more than likely, Damian Wayne will still be around. So not all of Morrison's run is being negated either.

But, yes, at the end of the day, 52 (ha, ha, we get it DC) titles are being reset at #1 with new beginnings. So, partial reboot/revamp.

It's all to make things "younger" and "more hip". Basically, they saw just HOW WELL RECEIVED One More Day was over at Marvel and just did it to their entire lineup.

7. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh wow I didn't realize Heroes Reborn was supposed to actually be a reboot. Makes sense though for how convoluted it makes stuff. I will give Marvel credit for Franklin being a good excuse.

So this is DC's like what, 4th partial reboot in the last 25 years or so? This is madness. Not Sparta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.