main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Competition

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jun 20, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    They aren't dinosaurs, they're genetically engineered theme-park monsters.

Also, who's gonna be offended by this so-called 'ignorance'?
    Think the Rexes will sue?

3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Prometheus follow-up would be my pick if I had to choose only one to see in theaters. First wasn't perfect, of course, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as its 'net crowd reception would have you believe. Won't be seeing any superhero films that year unless they do something legitimately awesome like a Cable and Bishop film.

4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, again, it is fiction, not science.

Also, have to point out that while it is believed some of the dinos from same family had feathers, the T-Rex part is still debated. Also (again), even if we are to go the science route, science is inductive, and the way we look at it always changes; that was my point about the giant lizard bit, and we don't want to be too dogmatic about this (since science could always change its stance).

eht13 and darklordoftech like this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    While I'm a fan of the first film, JP4 is only a must see because of my son. He loves the movies and would go crazy if I didn't take him. :p

eht13 and Lee_ like this.
  6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I can't say I blame him. I was a huge dinosaur nut as a kid, but the best the movies could do at the time was claymation or regular animation (I loved Fantasia as a kid strictly for the dinosaur part). I would have been wild about those movies if they had that sort of thing when I was a kid.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

I don't recall, did you get a chance to take him to see JP 3D at the theater? As I mentioned before, my son really liked it.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Unfortunately, I was never able to take him. :( The theater I always used closed down and the closest one only had it in IMAX which was just too expensive. It was a really bummer.

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh OK, that's too bad. But as long as you've got it on DVD, you've got the benefit of repeat viewing. I think that actually means more to kids than seeing something one time in the theater.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Not true i my expierience.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Definitely. He has all three on DVD and watches them constantly. :p He was upset about not going to see it but he got over it when I took him to see Iron Man 3.

eht13 likes this.
  12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    How so? What I mean is that of course kids enjoy going to the theater, but they also (maybe moreso) enjoy being able to watch movies over and over, and to do so when they feel like it.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I meant the kids I know would rather see their favorite movie in a theater than own it.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That's how I became such a huge Star Wars fan. I watched them so many times as a kid that we went through 3 copies of the OT vhs set. Good times. :)

15. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I agree. Star Wars transcends a simply summer blockbuster.

Lee_ likes this.
  16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    All other 2015 movies need to be cancelled or pushed back, and Ep 7 needs a good 12 month theatrical run. :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

Yeah, but it did poor enough at the box office to put the follow-on movies on hold. Or at least on danger of being put on hold.

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    In all honesty as time went by, I began to understand that a huge feathered multicolored T-Rex was somehow way more scarier than a generic lizard running at you.

That being said, I will see JP4 because I pretty much see everything I can get my hands on, but I have my doubts about actually liking it. That one really seems unnecessary, but...oh well.

19. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I like the rumoured plot JP4 seems to have:

JURASSIC PARK 4, set in present day Isla Nublar, is now an actual theme park, as originally intended by John Hammond in the first film. It garners 10 million visitors per year and is completely safe – until it’s not. The park itself is described as very Sea World-esque and includes an area called the Isla Nublar Lagoon. That means underwater dino’s for the first time. No indication of what kind, but there’s concept art showing one of the aquatic dino’s, as part of a show, jumping out of the lagoon and eating a strung up great white shark like it was a fish for a dolphin at sea world.As part of a show, you ask? That’s right, folks, this will feature “tamed” dino’s. In fact, our source indicated that the usually menacing Velociraptors (which will finally be muzzled, along with the T-Rex – until they’re not) will actually be used to help fight the threat, which begins in the form of a new dinosaur, not seen in any of the previous films (and not disclosed to us) shows to be much smarter than originally thought and is the main cause of havoc breaking out at the park.

It's been long enough to take control of things although the T-Rex should be reestablished as the main Baddie/King Dino of the film. JP3 jumped the Shark by introducing the Spinosaurus and by having it take down the T-Rex so soon and took too much effort into making him the film's big bad so much they changed the logo for "coolness". Oh and let's also keep the Dinosaurs in Isla Nublar only, just because JP2 jumped the shark again by pulling a Godzilla. By the way were many prehistoric aquatic sea creatures actually considered Dinosaurs?

20. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

So basically JP4 will be the Jurassic Park version of Jaws 3D? In 3D.

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

Wow... IMO, that sounds pretty cheesy / bad. At any rate, no... prehistoric aquatic creatures were not actually called Dinosaurs. They would be Plesiosaurs, Ichthyosaurs, and maybe others. Same thing with the air; those were not Dinosaurs either... they were Pterosaurs.

22. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    And you don't get to tame those things.
    Jeez, every thing I hear about that movie makes less and less sense.

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, that plot sounds incredibly lame. I hope it's completely false or something they considered and then threw in the trash.

Lee_, The Hellhammer and eht13 like this.
  24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I actually laughed out loud when I read the part about taming those animals, having them perform in a Sea World type park, and having them even help fight the new threat. [face_laugh]

25. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    It reads more like a transcript of a 5 year old's playtime than a movie summary.