main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The Dar news thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Dec 19, 2010.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks man, make sure you get enough sack time. Our best to Showtunes as well.

(Is it sack time or rack time?)

2. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    hey dar, got a present for you!!

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs790.ash1/168013_10150091408516768_593906767_5927169_7272105_n.jpg]

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs749.ash1/164064_10150091410196768_593906767_5927200_5688910_n.jpg]

3. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    That is FRIGGIN SWEET! Tell those girls I love them too! And wish I was in the middle of a super hero sandwich!

4. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    you're welcome man. Relin and I were thinking about you....okay, we weren't thinking of you, but we figured since we were there, we'd get some photos for you.

5. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey Vox and Zannah. So far every mission I've gone on, I have those necklaces that you gave me. They're my good luck charms. I wear Vox's coin. I've worn the charm you gave me Zannah, but I can't wear it unless I'm wearing my combat shirt (which has a long neck) because the chain is so short and my neck is so thick that it barely clasps and so would be exposed if in normal clothes. So I've taken it, put it in a little baggy and tucked it in my wallet from now on so its always on me.

Mika, I started smoking one of the cigars you bought me, its the one in the clear case. GOOOOD CHOICE. I like 'em. I wish i had more time to sit and enjoy them though, but I'm sure once we get settled in and everything organized and in a rhythm, I'll have more chance to sit down and enjoy it.

Anyway, my love out to all of you. I'm still safe. Miserable as a long eared Gundark, but you can't expect much when in a worthless country dealing with dirty, ugly people who hate you. I can honestly say I'm resentful that this place is sucking a year of my life away. Yes, I signed the contract and willingly walked into this... but it doesn't change how I feel about this place and what I'm missing out on.

6. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey Vox and Zannah. So far every mission I've gone on, I have those necklaces that you gave me. They're my good luck charms. I wear Vox's coin. I've worn the charm you gave me Zannah, but I can't wear it unless I'm wearing my combat shirt (which has a long neck) because the chain is so short and my neck is so thick that it barely clasps and so would be exposed if in normal clothes. So I've taken it, put it in a little baggy and tucked it in my wallet from now on so its always on me.

Mika, I started smoking one of the cigars you bought me, its the one in the clear case. GOOOOD CHOICE. I like 'em. I wish i had more time to sit and enjoy them though, but I'm sure once we get settled in and everything organized and in a rhythm, I'll have more chance to sit down and enjoy it.

Anyway, my love out to all of you. I'm still safe. Miserable as a long eared Gundark, but you can't expect much when in a worthless country dealing with dirty, ugly people who hate you. I can honestly say I'm resentful that this place is sucking a year of my life away. Yes, I signed the contract and willingly walked into this... but it doesn't change how I feel about this place and what I'm missing out on.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Wish I knew what to say to cheer you up but I'm as old and cynical as they come. I'm sure someone younger and more optimistic here will chime in though. Until then hang in there my mando...just because your mandalore took the contract doesn't mean you have to like them.

8. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    For someone who didn't know what to say Mika, you sure did hit the nail on the head. And that's right, just because Manda took the contract, doesn't mean they have to like them. ;)

Dar, thank you. Thank you so very much for everything you are doing. I think you are gleaning an idea now of exactly "why" we are there. They "do" hate us. They hate everything about us... well, all accept our women, whom they want to dominate. The general public have no idea what they would do to our country and our way of living given half the chance. "NO, we can't all just get along". It's the sad truth isn't it?

Well know this... I love you Dar, I love what you are standing against over there. Hold that line and Boo-Ya Soldier!! We've been successful in Iraq, we will be successful there also. As a "direct" result of men and women like you, who stand that line, our nation is safe from radicals like that. Thank you, thank you. I know you guys get uncomfortable with people thanking you.. if anyone does, I do. But ya know what.... suck it up. Don't say "Thank You Mam". Don't say a word right now... Just smile.

Because we are grateful. O.K...

When you get home, I'm going to cook you the best meal in town... anything you want. Then we're going to go to a Con somewhere, my treat. You can even take a guest with you... all on me.

Keep In Touch. And hey, one month down. Hoo-Ah!!!
    All The Love,, and thinking of you.
    Zannah >;~)

9. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Not much you could say for me, bud. I'm just gonna keep on truckin' out here and do my best for the next year. But more and more I find myself longing for the day my contract is up. I did my time, I earned my marks, and did my duty in the Army. But my experience has been humbling and enlightening and someday I'll look back on it all.

But for now.. I'm miserable and doing the best I can with it all.

I did get a bit of pride today. we were given a ceremony to put on our combat patches, so now I have my unit patch on both sleeves. Its nothing amazing, but it is a step in a new direction. I dunno what else to think about it, but I'm just trying to make the best of what I've got here.

By the way, it no worries over OpSec now. This is my mailing address for everyone who doesn't have it.

PFC Vincent, Darryl
    F Co, 1-26 IN, 3 BCT
    TF SPADER
    FOB SALERNO
    APO AE09314

I dunno what else to say right now. I've been working hard, and time has slowly been going faster. Unfortunately enough its not going as fast as I'd like it.

But letters are always loved and appreciated. Anything to help me get through all this.

10. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    And Zannah, thank you. You are the closest thing I've ever had to a mom second to my own. You and Bane took me in when I had no one else out in Kentucky to look out over me, and you have provided so much for me. I don't think there's anything I can do to repay you for all you have done to take care of me in my times of need. I have so many good memories there up at the Ruusan temple that I cherish and hold onto every day out here.

In time, Showtunes and I will be back. I will curl up and sleep in my comfy bed and enjoy the delicious home cooked breakfast up there once more, while hanging out with the white woofs and giving Hercules and my Crystals the attention they need.

Until then, I'm just doing what I do best. Drive trucks and load them suckers for the road. I'm not doing anything on the front lines, but I am supporting them. Either way, I'm here. I may not understand or like what we're doing here, I may not care about this area or the people in it, I'm still just gonna tough it out and get it done.

Why?

Because, well, obviously have no choice. But also because I have to to get home. Which I plan on doing. I owe Zannah and Vox their trinkets they gave me to keep watch over. I will be returning those when I get back, you have my word.

Until anything else comes up or I need to rant and vent again...

Dar Kyram, signing out.

End transmission.

11. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Just to let ya'll know, I'mma be off line for a while. I'm moving out of the tents finally...only problem is there's no internet in the barracks where I'll be living.

So, if you don't see me for a while, that's why. Ya'll got my mailing address, so write me letters please! Its all I got out here...

12. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Just wanted to let everyone know I'm finally moving into my hard building barracks and out of the tents.

The downfall to that... no internet. So if you don't see me online for a while, that's why. But most of you have my mailing address. The only way for me to communicate will be letters from here on out until they get internet out to the buildings I'll be living in. -sigh- Way to go and suck the only moral support I have, huh?

Well, I miss and love all of you.

The Skull King,
    Dar Kyram

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yay for being out of tents! Boo for no internet. Do they have pretty good recreation facilities for you? Gym to blow off steam? Are you getting through The New Jedi Order books you downloaded before you left?

14. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Just wanted to let everyone know I'm alive and still breathing.

Haven't received anything if you mailed it just yet because mail had been backed up, so I'm still waiting...

Anyway, I miss everyone of you more than you really know. I love ya'll and will talk to you again soon.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Keep on trooping trooper!

16. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey everyone!

I just wanted to thank Mika, Cungr, and Cognus all for my packages!!!!!! I was so surprised to get them!

And yes, as we all know how much i hate Clone Wars, I still buckled and have the bedsheets and pillow on my bunk. Its totally awesome, Mika, thanks a lot for those! And the comic book, too!

Cognus and Cungr, thank you guys for the TON of candy I had to carry back to by room. LOL! I got my Mardi Gras beads up, my St. Patty's mug out, and still munching on the candy. lol A lot of that extra stuff is gonna get me into trouble at some point this year, I know it.

....Sending me SIlly String... Shame on you... ;P

Anyway, thank you guys both so much! I really appreciate all the goodness sent my way and somehow I'll repay you guys for all the support you've shown me. It helps me out a lot!

Love you all and I'll be in touch as I can...

Skull King, Out.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Awesome! Don't be shy about asking for things you really need/want.

18. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    hey Dar, it's girl scout cookie time over here. what , if any, is your favorite type of girl scout cookie?

19. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Thanks Mika, I appreciate it.

I'm good on most things right now. Not much I can think of that I really am hurting on at the moment. I'm pretty content with everything I have, and yes, that includes the Clone Wars bed sheets and pillow case. If anything, I can't think of anything I want more at the end of the day than to be wrapped up under those sheets with the comfiest of pillows and sleep...

BUT I know someone else who needs things. SHOWTUNES! I got his mailing address for all your kindness and love.

PFC Johnson, James Lee
    B/6-4 CAV
    COP Wilderness
    APO, AE 09314

Send him anything with sugar, and I think he'll be happy. If he has any requests, I'll let you know when I hear from him again.

Oh, and, uh, to let ya'll know...

Afghanistan still sucks.

20. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks for the address on Showtunes Dar, we'll all see what we can do for him. Tell him we said "Hello" and "To Stay Well". Your truck is in the barn, safe and sound, and waiting for you to get home. Till then, take care and sleep compfy in your new Star Wars sheets. I'll bet your the only guy in your unit who has them. Rock On Dude!!! All the love and see you before you know it. [:D]

21. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    I dare say I'm the only one in all of Afghanistan with Star Wars bedsheets! Lol But I love them. It helps destroy the drab, unpleasant and depressing motif of Afghanistan, Desert Tan, OD Green and Multi-cam. lol

Aah, my truck... How I miss thee...

22. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    i have items for both dar and showtunes for the next time we send gift packages to them. someone let me know when the next box is going out

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    This was in my inbox:

Dunno' if you guys remember me. ^^;
    But, that won't stop me from saying "Hi". I've missed all of you guys since I got here. You, Zannah, Vox, Dar, Bane... ugh, can't wait to get to home sweet home. Anywhoo, gotta' go and get some sleep. Ten hour time difference is murder.

My best wishes,
    Showtunes

24. DarKyram

Apr 5, 2010
    Mika, I just got your card from ShevaCon! So nice that all the mercs signed it, I really appreciate such little things like that bro! Thanks for the patch, too. I'mma be putting the RL sticker on my laptop with the Mando Skull that I got on there.

25. TheChangeling

TheChangeling Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2011
    Wanted to thank everyone for the candy and the card. ^^ 'tis Showtunes. You're all amazing.