main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The Drunken Gungan Cantina!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Nat, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I believe I came in here (or found out this forum was here) shortly after all that, but anyway. If we could find enough fans out here it'd be pretty cool to resurrect it ... :D

2. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    I remember being a part of the team to start the fan club up. I was originally made the treasurer (due to the fact I worked in the cash office at one of the Woolies stores at the time and) and then I moved to membership co-ordinator. Not bad, considering I had kept missing meets accidently on purpose. I later found out that I had a mild case of social anxiety. I like hanging out on the WAFFER board though, but didn't like that bitching and back-stabbing especially when it was aimed at me.

3. DarthBane95

DarthBane95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2009
    I went to Star Wars in Concert a few days ago! It was awesome!

4. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Is that the concert that's touring around the States at the moment DarthBane? It'd be great if it came to Aus.

5. DarthBane95

DarthBane95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2009
    Yeah, and they really should make it a worldwide concert tour! They went to London last year...

6. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    If they do come to Aus, would they come to WA? We seem to miss out on a lot of stuff due to our distance from the rest of Aus...

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You dont miss out as much as we do, Adelaide is considered too small for almost everything!! Half the big concert tours totally skip over us!

8. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    So in other words, Adelaide and Perth aren't worth it. Huh. Two of my fave places - nice, quiet and laid back. None of this rush, rush, rush!

9. barbarjinks

barbarjinks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    Oh moi moi. Yousa open da cantina. Yousa all liken meesa bombad singin'.

Looks around for microphone

10. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Bar Bar! Nice to have you back. I've missed you so much. Sing all you want!

11. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Oh you didn't just invite him to sing did you. Don't you remember what hapenned last time? And to think the empire claimed credit for Alderaan.

12. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Well one of these places is getting a Supanova convention next year :mad:

13. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    You're welcome to some over for the weekend. I have a spare room you can stay in.

14. barbarjinks

Dec 2, 2000
    I was the initial president of the Outer Rim club as well as the first WA forum rep so I've been here a while. In fact I was the first west aussie to post on the australian forums way back when they were still on snowboards and was the one who pushed for a WA forum to be made in the first place.
    The fanclub here started pretty good and went well for a while (I even managed to get Peter Mayhew to agree to being an honourary member after a few emails). We had a few presidents (Dan & Drew after me) and other committee members who each put a lot of work in to the club. Then there were personality clashes between a few people and other members either tooks sides or simply got put off by it. Unfortunate but it happens. The last official event we had was the midnight screening of AOTC which was mostly organised by Dan and it pretty much ended after that. I still have the official paperwork for the incorporation of the club sitting around somewhere. Personally I think it was better when we were less formal and just had casual get togethers. We got a bit too excited about having a proper fanclub and making it all official seemed to spoil what we had somehow.
    The unfortunate reality though is that people are just less excited about starwars. We started the club when new movies were coming out and it was a very exciting time for starwars fans. These days while we're still fans, there's just not as much to get excited about. I think that's why there's not much going on with the forums. Doesn't mean it's not still a good spot to hang out and sosialise though.

15. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Oho! So that's who the damn Gungan was!

:D :D

16. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Jedi_Nat - Well the local garrison of the 501st are planning their annual reunion that weekend, so you never know.

barbarjink - Been there, done that [face_laugh]. It seems to the nature of thing that fanclubs come and go. Causal get togethers are good, and the forums are definitely a good place to hang out.

17. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, the offer is there if you ever want to come to ivade Perth sometime....

18. barbarjinks

Dec 2, 2000
    Ha ha! Mesa fooled youse all! Youse all think mesa really Steve! Mesa no Steve!!

Ha ha!!!!

19. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Didn't mean to post that from the old club sock puppet but as you can see I'm not the only one who posts on that alias. lol
    This is the real steve!
    Incidentally, we actually did have a barbarjinks who traditionally attended all club meets. Here's a photo of some of the original outer rim members. Barbar can be seen peeking over my shoulder. Bring back memories Nat? :)

[image=http://oneil.com.au/outerrim.jpg]

20. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Nice disguise o_O

21. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    And everyone had access to the sock! Remember that posting war with NSW back in the day?

Oooh, that photo is a shocker! I need some darts. I need to throw them at someone in that pic that I loathe. Just so you know Steve, it's not you!

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I think I have a fair idea. [face_laugh] I bet it's not barbar either.

23. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Not, not Barbar. Nor Grizzly either...

I need V... (True Blood reference is you've seen it). I had the most severe blood nose this morning. I had to call 000 for an ambulance to take me to RPH. I had to have my nose cauterised (the anaesthetic they gave me tasted so bad). It was awful. I feel so weak that I need that V. Thankfully vampires are mythical creatures that belong in Twlight and True Blood...

24. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    ... they would love my blood....

25. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Hope you're better now. I had some of mine taken out this morning - voluntarily though ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.