main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo The "E-Wok" Thread: Sharing Recipes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Sep 14, 2008.

1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    By suggestion of Ish, here's an "E-Wok" thread (it took me a minute to get that, ha) for posting any recipes you'd like to share.

These can be casseroles, foreign food, silly, fandom-based (like Harry Potter butterbeer), desserts, whatever you'd like! Have at it! :D

-Mia

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Here is a recipe of my own invention, done entirely by accident:

SLOPPY JOSEs.

1 pound of beef
    1 tomato
    1 tsp cilantro
    1/2 onion
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1 can sloppy joe sauce or as much barbecue sauce as you can stand.

Brown beef in a large skiller, chop the onion, tomato, and shred the cilantro. Mix these together to your taste. Basically, the level of spiciness is your decision. Mix the pico de gallo stuff into the browned meat and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with the sauce on toasted bread.

Note: This was supposed to be a recipe for salsa burgers that went slightly wrong and turned into mexican-style sloppy joes.

Oh, and Mia, there are better fan-based things, like Voldetorte!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Cranberry Chicken

2 packages dry onion soup mix
    16 oz bottle Catalina dressing
    2 cans whole berry cranberry sauce
    thawed raw chicken (can be bone in or boneless)

Mix the onion mix, dressing and cranberry sauce in a slow cooker. Add as much chicken as will fit. Cook on high setting for 4-6 hours.

This recipe is delicious. It may seem a little strange (I think Catalina dressing is disgusting in general) but trust me! You can also use some of the cranberry mix left in the pot as a dressing on a tossed salad side dish.

4. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    And Ish said I should post this one:

Lembas (this recipe was made up by our very own Gardner)

2 1/2 cups of ?lembas? flour (1 1/2 cups white flour, 1/2 cup wheat flour, 1/4 cup ground almonds, 1/4 cup oat flour [or ground oats])
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt

½ to 1 teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)

1 teaspoon cinnamon
    8 Tablespoons cold butter
    1/3 cup sugar
    2/3 cup milk
    1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (can substitute 1 teaspoon lemon zest, I prefer this)

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Preheat over to 425 degrees.

Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Chop butter into mixture with a pastry cutter or knead in with your fingers until you get a crumbly mixture. Add sugar and mix. Add milk and lemon and almond extracts and stir with a fork until dough forms.

Roll the dough out about ¼ to ½ inch thick. Cut out 3 inch squares and transfer to a cookie sheet. Criss-cross each square from corner to corner with a knife. Bake for about 12 minutes or until set and lightly golden. Makes 10 to 12, depending on how large you cut and how thick you roll.

These are to die for! They taste so delicious. When I make it I never want to share.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Durango Delight

1 pound of ground beef
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1/2 onion
    1 can tomato paste
    2 cans tomato sauce
    Tortilla chips

Garnishes (to taste):
    Green onion
    Sour cream
    tomatoes
    cheese
    black olives

Brown the ground beef in a skillet with 1 tsp of olive oil. When it is brown, add paste and sauce and simmer on low, covered until the beef is cooked to your liking. Mix in the taco seasoning. Serve over tortilla chips (or in a tortila bowl) and add garnishes.

6. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    I have heard of people coming up with a recipe for this, but have never tried any before. I wonder if it taste any good (guess that all depends on how you make it). Have any of you tried making it before?

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Now I have to find the recipe for the Voldetorte that I made last year...