main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The **Emerald City Empire** Social Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Well, I haven't met Tommy but I would like to say that I hope he is back to normal mobility sooner rather than later. Hang in there!

2. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Tommy, get better man. Hey, if you need someone to push you around in a wheelchair for C3, let me know, I'm up for it.

Jedi Master Kel
    (The Archangel)

3. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

I hope you guys are wearing green. ;)

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Talked to Tommy last night. He's doing really well. He said he actually walked out of the Surgicenter after surgery on Friday, though he was still pretty doped up. By Saturday he was experiencing some soreness in his knee which the doc said was normal, since the rod in his leg would be moving some, now that a screw had been removed. He was back to work on Monday, so he seems not too worse for wear. Hopefully this small surgery will fix the problem and help avoid any major fixes in the future.

5. Calvinthejedi

Calvinthejedi Jedi Master star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Hi, I'm new...

6. Calvinthejedi

Calvinthejedi Jedi Master star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Oops...heehee...wrong thread...sorry about that...

7. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Welcome, welcome, welcome. Where do you usually post?

JMK

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    OMG! Did anyone see the Spider-Man 2 trailer during The Apprentice last night? It was the world premiere of the full trailer and all I can say is unbelievable. I was already excited about this movie, but now, it looks even better than I had hoped!

9. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I did see it. It looks awesome! Who's up for going?

JMK

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I know it's late, but . . .

Happy Easter everybody!!

** BOK! BOK! **

11. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Just wanted to say also, HAPPY EASTER!!!

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    In the continuing spirit of Easter and because I saw it in yesterday's paper and the girl lives in Wilson --

Lord of the Peeps

13. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    LOL! That is hilarious! [face_laugh]

I've seen some funny stuff involving peeps, but that has to be one of the most entertaining. ;)

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
  15. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Hey Dalton,

Just wanted to say hello and see how things were going in NC, hadnt talked to you in a while. Weathers nice down here in Florida. Saw the guy the put IQM together at a few conventions down here in Orlando these past few months. Hope you and the family are doing well. Let me know if theres any cool conventions worth coming up for. Talk to you later. Oh and before I forget I changed my boardname since I completed my Biker Scout costume and joined the 501st.

Dale (tristan458)

16. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Dale! Good to hear from you! Things here are par for the course. The family is good and I've got a daughter due in August. Hope all is well with you. I think the next big con around here is ConCarolinas, but unfortunately I'll be heading towards Vegas when it comes around. Will you be going to Celebration III? We've got a pretty large NC FanForce contingent making the trip and I will definitely be there. Congrats on joining the 501st. Kevin joined up not too long ago. He's got a cool Royal Guard outfit. Do you have any pictures of your Biker Scout armor anywhere we can see them? I know there are several people here that are drooling at the prospect of getting some stormtrooper armor. Chat with you soon!

17. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Dalton,

Glad to hear everything is going good. Im headed to Vegas myself over the July 4th weekend. Im doing good, and I plan to be at CIII also. Heres some pics I have posted on another site.

http://www.bikerscout.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album31&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Talk to you later.

Dale

18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Nice pics! Your armor looks awesome! Though posing with fem-troopers certainly didn't hurt the pics. :)

Looked like a great con and judging by all the empties on the table in that one pic, the Star Wars girls were well on their way to getting smashed! :p

19. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I went to the Prince concert in Raleigh Friday night and all I can say is "Wow!" I've been to plenty of shows where the crowds react to their favorite songs, etc. But this was like a religious experience for some people. I saw people just bawling, shaking, they couldn't stand at some points, screaming over every little thing Prince did. It was the closest thing I've ever seen live that was comparable to those old Beatles or Elvis clips of fans that had lost complete control of themselves. It was insane!

The show itself was incredible. I kept forgetting how many hits this guy had and that doesn't even count the hits he wrote for other people. Every time he played something new, I'd just wonder, "How did I forget that one?" He did a great acoustic set halfway through the show and then rocked it out for the rest of the show with an encore that ended with "Purple Rain." The building was literally shaking when it was over.

20. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Anybody want a free weight bench? It's an older basic bench with padded seat and back and it comes with a leg attachment. I no longer have any weights though and you might consider picking up some padding for the leg attachment. Play It Again Sports sells that stuff pretty cheap. The bench is basic black with a red seat and back, though it's a little faded. Bench is in great shape. If you want it, just take it. I go to ViQuest and my mom gave me a Total Gym, now I want this bench out of my garage. If nobody wants it, it'll probably end up at good will.

21. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Thanks for the offer, but if this body gets anymore buff, I wouldn't be able to walk through doors, hahahaha.

JMK

22. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I'm gonna have the same problem with walking through doorways, and it'll have nothing to do with being buff if I don't get better about going to ViQuest.

23. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah! I gave away the weight bench to a guy who was doing some landscaping for me. I also threw in a curio cabinet (that I was getting ready to offer here also), and he knocked down the price on the work he was doing. It worked out well as he gave me a discount much more than I think I would've ever sold that stuff for at a yard sale.

24. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Happy Memorial Day!

May God bless the men and women who protect our freedoms and have preserved our way of life.

=D= [face_flag]

25. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Many thanks for Jedi Master Kel for taking me under his x-wing yesterday and teaching this old wizard who never used power tools in his life to help me build my first prop lightsaber. I've been a bit shellshocked since losing my job at IBM last week and I really appreciate from my heart the support he gave me. A big round of kudos to the guy with the biggest heart! That's you, Kev.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.