main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Reader's Companion by Pablo Hidalgo.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , May 17, 2010.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I may have to cancel and order from the US. I'll give it a few days to see if it ships from UK.

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

all not featured as far as I know from my now complete readthrough ;) a pity, I know. they were great. but if they are considered more sourcematerial than story they are left out according to the companion. still I can't understand why leave out fiction only because it included sourcematerial. stupid if you ask me but that's as it is.

3. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Well I've never read most of those so I don't even know what they are or if they should have been included or not. Would you agree with the ERC that none of them should be considered prose fiction?

4. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Cantina Communications is definitely prose fiction. I don't think it's so much that Pablo doesn't consider them prose fiction as it is "We found some that Pablo missed."

5. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    We'll see how many of them make it into Volume 2 when it comes out in another 35 years.

6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

they all are prose fiction! the problem is, some are styled like inuniverse articles or texts, reports etc. and thus boarder on sourcebook text status, but still prose fiction. but even the WEG Adventure Journals considered their fiction separate from their fictional lore content, which is weird.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Can anyone post that Allana picture?

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  9. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

you know, your signature... SAN HILL LIVES looks pretty weird when I read it while looking at Allana's pic at the same time :p

and hell, someone edit this pic to have Tenel Ka's red hair asap please.. I want to see real Allana, not fakehair Allana

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hmm, based on what I am hearing, outside of the new art there isn't alot exciting about the book. And since the Wook gets all the art eventually, there doesn't appear to be any rush for me to go out and get this.

Ah well, I will just use that money to buy Federation: The First 150 years and appeal to my Trek side. It often gets neglected in light of my Star Wars side being dominant, so I guess this is fair. :p

--Adm. Nick

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Anyone know what it is with Amazon's suppliers? I'm hard-pressed to recall when they've actually shipped a preorder on time - though they did manage it on the final Nikolai Dante volume, the majority of the time their suppliers seem useless!

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, if the Amazon UK supply of the books was shipping from a US publisher it could have gotten hung up in transit. If it's a UK publisher then it should have been on time. I do quite a few pre-orders (SW and non-SW) and I normally get stuff on time. If it hasn't shipped by Tues/Wed I'll look on Amazon US. If I order from there then I have to pay shipping, unfortunately.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Slay the blasphemer!

Gorefiend and Darth_Culator like this.
  14. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Just saw the Last One Standing picture. Man, that was an awesome story, especially the part where Fett basically scares an imperial officer by retelling how Han won that Free-For-All despite everyone ganging up on him first. I remember back when we first found out when Fett and Han would be teaming up in Bloodlines. We all hoped there'd be some nice references to this story and that they'd be relatively forgive but don't forget with each other. I was really hoping for a kind of Lethal Weapon team-up between the two, and instead we got a very perfunctory reunion. It's why I'm still hoping that there's some scene with Fett's Mandalorian recruits around the Revenant story from Tales where Fett certifies to everyone that yes, Han Solo is a one tough barve, and anyone who can survive a hunt on him is worthy of wearing the armor. i always figured that was their relationship in Unifying Force, mutual respect mixed with a bit of mutual animosity but held in check by just how much they've managed to hurt each other over the decades-and still be alive.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is the best post I ever read.

*Cough*

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  16. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    should I now wonder if the sketchcard came into existence before or after my post? :D

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I have never seen a nexu look so adorable.

18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    They grow up.

19. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Haven't you heard of bonsai nexu?

Zorrixor, Barriss_Coffee and TrakNar like this.
  20. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Anjii looks very contented in that portrait!

But Force help any boyfriend that two-times Allana in a few years time!

21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    you mean girlfriend, the diversity topic voted her to become a lesbian for diversity's sake :p

22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    At least we need not fear a convoluted love triangle that drags on for years -- Anji' would have sorted Jag and Zekk much faster.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, I caved. Cancelled the Amazon UK order and put one in with the US site. However, I was able to add the Clone Wars Omnibus 2 as they had it in stock. So it'll be awhile before I see this.

24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Shh, that's supposed to be a surprise in a few years. [face_mischief]

25. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Can I assume that the order in which the novels were presented corresponds to their placement in the timeline? I'm particularly interested in the novels of the Clone Wars. If they are "fixed", then that should reduce some of the headache that's currently the Clone Wars timeline.