main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The activity of both clubs actually predate my participation in the Senate. From the context of the discusion I am assuming (and I may be wrong here) that the EUDF was a club which defended the cannonicity of the EU in all it's elements. The :"haters' club I am guessing was a group where some element of the EU would be dissected and "hated upon".

Depending on the way Episode VII goes both groups may indeed become active again.

[​IMG]

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Before my time too. We need an oldbie in here.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Ive been around a long time and never participated in those groups, but have to wonder if there is a need for such things. Haters group? Why not 'Troll/Baiters Alliance?' Real Governments do not have 'Haters Groups' so why do we need one? Doubt a Defence force is needed either, not yet anyway. We have some pretty damn good people here right now and there isn't terribly much to Defend as such. I would suggest this group be taken under advisement and maybe considered as traffic increases.

JediFalcon likes this.
  4. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Completely off-the-record, but I personally (not in my capacity as the BMC Senator) am strongly opposed to the idea of a haters group myself. I don't see the point...all it will do is lead to arguments, and more possibility for people to be banned. I may be relatively new, but I have seen some fairly fierce arguments, and they never end well. So personally, I believe that the haters group should stay buried.

As for the Defense Force...probably not needed as of yet. Give it some time to see if it is needed I say.

JediFalcon and Adalia-Durron like this.
  5. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    As a doofus that somehow people sometimes listen to :confused:, unless a particular user specifically petitions to have the group opened up again, I don't understand the need for this discussion. Not meaning to insult mind, it's just that if we don't have users interested, then we can't have a group.

6. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Normally I would agree. However, it is prudent to get some things out of the way before we have a wave of new users requesting things. Like deciding if the haters group is worth reviving (I still believe it isn't).

7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Perhaps so. Either way, I don't think it will become much of an issue. No one up till now has shown a strong interest in reviving the Haters club regardless.

8. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Neither do I. But you never know.

(and perhaps more importantly, its not like we're doing anything else at the moment)

EDIT: Also, I am not trying to be argumentative. Just trying to make sure this topic is handled now so it is not necessary to revive it down the line, unless it is truly needed.

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007

We have that "Least Favorite Character" thread right now which seems to be somewhat popular - I think Sinre mentioned that was a part of the thought process reguarding bringing the "Haters Club" back.

Personally, if this person or that person dosn't like this or that, good for them. There are things I don't like as well.

But.....

I'd much rather talk with them about what they do like rather then wading through a list of things that they don't.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Personally, I'd rather avoid a Haters Club. But, bringing back the Galactic Defenders wouldn't hurt. Episode VII is likely to infringe on the EU in some shape or fashion. I was not over the moon with the 'Character we dislike' thread but free speech and all that jazz stayed my hand.

We could simply call it the 'Optimist-class Fans Fan Club' or something equally positive sounding.

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Just a reminder... the Galactic Defenders were the EUCJedi before they changed their name to the Guardians of Light, which we still use today.

The group I believe Sinrebirth is speaking about is the EU Defence Force.

Just trying to avoid any confusion.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Duly corrected.

13. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Which was one of the reasons why they changed the name. People got it confused with the Defence force. They didn't know it was a Jedi Temple. That's why all the members of that time voted for the change of the name. There was other reasons too but it's not important to bring it up.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ah. Jedi coups. Like Sith coups, but less honest.

So.

Does the Senate want to formally authorise the recreation of the Expanded Universe Defence Force?

I am authorising a vote.

Ministers, please check in, and Senators, all those in favour; aye. All those not; nay.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    As Minister of Internal Affairs I am checking in.

As Senator of the Thrawn fan club, I have to say from general off handed comments of members in other threads that i feel this vote of : nay best reprisents my constituents.

16. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Minister of Public Affairs checking in.

As senator of WJFC, I will vote shortly.

17. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Senator for the BMC: Nay, with the provision that I believe it should be brought up again when we have more new users.

18. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Minister of Intelligence/Senate Security reporting as ordered, Sir!

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Senator for NJO/LOTF reporting, will check with membership......few as they are... ;)

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    After talking with my constituents, I would like to withdraw the BMC vote until I can get all their opinions in.

21. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    The haters club was more trouble then some would like to admit. I have no desire to see it return. Some of the arguments were fierce and can be emotionally draining at times when you least expect it too. Arguments never ended well because it caused strong hate not only towards a character but sometimes that hate was directed at a user who liked the character. It was awful and I would prefer to see the Haters club stay burried and never return.

We have our agreements and disagreements but some of the behavior I have observed was uncalled for and led to bans.

Everything now is fine the way it is. Less arguments make these boards more enjoyable.

22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Off the record again, but I happen to agree with that.

23. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I thought I would get my 2 cents in before the final vote was tallied

24. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    The WJFC is in favor of re-establishing the EUC Defense Force, we are steadfastly against reinstating the Haters Association. Therefore, please consider my vote cast accordingly.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    The NJO/LOTF Fan Club is in favour of re-establishing the EUC Defense Force, we are steadfastly against reinstating the Haters Association. Therefore, please consider my vote cast accordingly.

and YES I copied you Zarks! I'm in a lazy mood! LOL!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.