main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I agree that Katana_Geldar should start the thread

3. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I would welcome volunteers as well.

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Really [face_thinking]

I wasn't apart of this group at the time, I was a lightsider which had a similar rule guideline. Problem is looks like half of the first post got pruned along with everything else. Someone more familiar with the group really should be the one to resurrect it.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    ?

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Indeed.

I believe it should be someone that was a member or affiliated with the original group that should do the OP with or without help (their preference). Also, the group might have to travel softly around these parts, but with Sinre or Addie on their side they can carry a big stick ;) :p

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thoughts, Katana?

8. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    GrandAdmiralJello was a member, actually. I'd like to start the thread but there's stuff that's missing, like the charter and members list. I'm thinking both might have to be revised.

I'd also like the point out I don't have as much free time to post in the JC as I used to.

9. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Yep he was a member. I was a member for a short bit too actually.

As far as guidelines, rules ect, if anyone wants help I'm great with wording stuff like that.

10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Just thought I'd pop in and mention that the Mandalorian Fan Club right now is casting Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy, better known to many as Scout, in our Republic Commando casting game! Everyone is welcome(as always) to take part in both the nomination process and the voting procedure which will follow it. :)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  11. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Okay, so discussion of the recreation of the EUC Defense Force appears to have stagnated somewhat over what has been Thanksgiving break for some of us. So, I must ask, where do we stand? Has anyone stepped forward, willing to run the new group? Am I putting the cart before the horse, is there something else that needs done first?

Sorry if I seem impatient, I just think if we have mostly agreed that this is important, we should move on it.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    If I am not mistaken the decision we reached was to re-establish the EUDF in a new thread. We had even gone so far as to say that the first post should be handled by an member of the "old" EUDF.

Katana_Geldar seems to have volunteered for this. Is this correct?

[​IMG]

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    As far as my records indicate, you are correct Vice Chancellor.

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Nods in agreement

15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Funny, thats not how I read the discussion. A few people have said that they would like Katana to do this, and Katana has said she would like to but can't at this time due to missing infomation from our decapitated post issues.

It may take some time to organize a project this significant.

Is there anyway the old consitution for the EUDF could be found archived online so a full template would be available to work with?

16. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    hmmm I'd think it would include such things as 'What we do' 'Who we serve' 'Who works here' 'Permission by this or that mod' 'How we operate' 'What we DON'T do' and a roster of who does what and who is in charge of what, including but not limited to areas of the boards, groups of members, ect. I remember ranks were sort of like in the form of different squadrons... That's all I can think of right now.

17. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    That was how I understood it also. I thought katana was unable to at this time.

I do not feel that I am qualified or appropriate to head this up, but whoever does take on that responsibility will have my assistance if needed.

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Perhaps our esteemed Mods could go to the TF.N archivers who have a saved coppy of the old boards and being it back in it's entirety to share with those who are possibly undertaking the project? With that available they could use a conversation thread to post it in and add those individuals that profess interest in getting this back off the ground.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You want me to what? Where?:confused: Yeah yeah....Im on it.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sorry to double post, but the copy paste wont work for some stupid reason...

Mission Statement:
    The PURPOSE of the EU Defense Force is to defend the Expanded Universe, its fans, and its creators from the vicious attacks, misinformation, bigotry and intolerance perpetrated by ?EU-Bashers.?

Our goal is to defend the rights held by the fans of the Expanded Universe (also known as ?completists?) to use the Expanded Universe as a basis of their posts across the forums without fear of personal attack. The Expanded Universe Defense Force?s goal is also to defend the right for completists to enjoy Expanded Universe material without fear of being persecuted or belittled by the ?bashers.? The fans of only the movies (known as ?purists?) generally do not fit into this category, but we must be ever careful of those who do.

Such bashers vary in intensity. Some only attack the EU when mentioned in speculation. Some attempt to say that EU-based discussion has NO PLACE in certain Forums. Some attack the EU AND the person who mentioned it. Some attack the EU, the person who mentioned it, the author of the book, his fans and anyone else remotely involved.

Now there are some people who like the EU, but disagree about its use in speculation. These are NOT bashers. There are also some who dislike the EU personally, but don't shove that fact down anybody's throat, but simply state their viewpoint with civility. These, also, are NOT bashers.

Now let me tell you what the EUDF is NOT:

We are NOT a group who goes around and forces people to like the EU. We are also NOT a group who runs in and argues every time someone says the EU is stupid or something. We are only interested in when those people start attacking speculators, fans, or the right of fans to speculate. Everyone is free to enjoy the EU as much or as little as they choose.

We are the Expanded Universe Defense Force, not the Expanded Universe Attack Force. Our goal is to pacify

The Essential Guide to Posting and Defending:
    THIS GUIDE IS FOR ALL MEMBERS OF THE EUDF, REGARDLESS OF RANK

This guide is to aid the members of the Expanded Universe Defense Force in making positive contributions to the Jedi Council Forums. Originally written by Kwenn during the last edition of the home base, it was put in place to guide members through tough times ? the EUDF was facing much criticism from purists and bashers, and the Command Staff felt that a more thorough set of rules was needed to keep the members in line.

Robimus likes this.
  21. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Thanks Addie :D

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yay! I did something right! :p

23. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    lol Clearly a consistent and regular event. ;)

zarkinfrood likes this.
  24. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I'd rework all the mentions of "bashers" included within. Thta seems like a bit harsh an approach. Educating is one thing, but claiming "bashers" as "bigots" who make "visious attacks" seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Not as often as you'd think. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.