main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Expanded Universe Defence Force :: Home Base

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Sorry - wrong thread. [face_blush]

2. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Just don't buy it in hardcover, because then you feel cheated for your money. I know I did. [face_plain]

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Got it paperback from the US, cheaper actually than buying it regular.

What about the bane novels? What are your thoughts on those?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Pretty well done books, actually. I prefered them immensely to Allegiance, and went out and bought them in hardcover. Path of Destruction is perhaps better than Rule of Two, but if you're incredibly geared into canon then some relatively minor things make PoD worse than RoT.

Darth Bane's fall, and Darth Zannah's rise, figuratively speaking, are incredibly well done by Drew. I'd recommend them as painless reads, 99% devoid of the axe-grinding some have with LotF.

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I have issues with LOTF too, Sin, I'm not reading the rest of the novels because of JINO. Only read Betrayal and didn't like what I saw.

I'm hoping for a third Bane novel, when Zannah takes Bane's place as dark lord. I don't think that has been done in coics, but I'm not familiar with Jedi vs Sith.

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, I'm a LotF lover, but I've had to venture into Fanfic land and start writing the missing chapters from Invincible to reconcile the plotholes. Betrayal was the high point for some. *chuckles*

But I don't think an EU fan has to like everything. Though I most certainly try to, I didn't collect comics until very recently, and Wookiepedia does most of my legwork for anything I missed.

Jedi vs Sith takes place at the end of PoD, and isn't incredibly modified, but is enough to irritate people, just like the overlap between Labyrinth of Evil and the Clone Wars cartoons. I definitely want a third Bane novel, I must say. Perhaps a Darth Zannah series thereafter, to continue it the Bane Lineage. I would love to read about Cognus, Millennial, Vectivus and Plagueis after Zannah.

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Too bad the Plagueis novel was cancelled, THAT was a blow. And Luceno was setting us up for it in Dark Lord.

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    A huge blow. But perhaps Millennium Falcon will allow him to shine, and save LotF for those who left it. Are you planning to read MF?

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I really don't know, I may considering it's Luceno but I'll see what the general consensus is on it. He usually gives us a good book, aprticularly when he's got no series to stick to.

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, if all else fails, Stover will save us all at Christmas with Shadows of Mindor, so there's at least one SW book to look forward to with no concerns as to quality. :p

12. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    We can always count on Mr Stover to save the day. :D

This Alston novel sounds good though, if it's set in Dark Times and not after MF.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm not sure as to the Allston one. I'll have to wait until MF comes out to decide what I'd like next. But if Daala and Fett make their move against the Jedi, I reckon Allston could explain the Imperial Knights emerging from it pretty well. He does Jag incredibly.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Reading the first page of this thread makes me sad. Someone wake up Genghis, DA, Kwenn, Bane, etc etc.

15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I wish that too, Jello, but as we were saying in JCC, the Canon Wars are over and this place really hasn't the purpose in the JC as it once did. I mean, LOOK at this place, even the cleaning droids have gone to something useful, the dust in here! :p

And Sin, I'm not sure if I'll read it, wait until what they say on here. Won't have a choice really as you guys will get it before me.

And Jello, weren't you going to tell me something?

16. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    DA posted some in JCC a couple days ago, haven't seen any of the rest around though.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I didn't mean we needed the EUDF, just the people. :p

And ah, yes, Allegiance. I thought it was terrible. Zahn used to be the go-to guy to write about the Empire, but he's got a very distorted view of Lord Vader and the Court that I simply cannot countenance.

18. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    What about LaRone and his guys? They were quite good

19. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    For the most part, I'm usually in YJCC or the Senate.

20. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I stopped reading the EU novels... :( When I heard what happened to Mara, I stopped. :(

While I still love Mara, I do enjoy Mirax Terrik and Corran Horn.

21. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    In the dusty abandoned depths of the EUDF homebase, an old siren begins to wail. No one is there to hear it until one lone pilot runs in wearing a flight suit.

I have something to report! Can you believe it? After all these years there's an alert! And in LIT of all places!

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/29457741/p2/?78

This one may sort itself out, but I felt I had to post it just for old times sake.

22. Darth_Silverado

Darth_Silverado Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2008
    Hi everyone. I am absolutely brand new to the EU Defense force. I would like to work to earn a place in the member ranks. How do I go about accomplishing this goal?

23. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    its so sad to see this place so empty

24. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    There's hardly anyone here, the war is over.

Sorry!

25. Black_Hunter_666

Black_Hunter_666 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2009
    Hi, I'm interested in joining the reserves, wish I could do more but my net acess is troublesome at best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.