main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fandomenace goes to the Fair

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by stacey113, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    The Fandomenace is planning an outing to the Renaissance Fair this Sunday Feb 17. Almost half of our members are already participating in the Fair. The rest of us will be going to support them and to have a Great time hanging out together. The Fair is held at Quiet Waters Park in Pompano Beach. Come out and join us for a nice day out.

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Renaissance Faires are so much fun! Ours doesn't come around until May.

I'm going to have a whole lotta stuff to do in May. ;)

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    This will be my first time at the fair. I am looking forward to having a blast. It will be even more fun being with the folks from our group, we know how to have a good time!

4. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    I know I'll be there....pants and all!!

5. Zanatos_Soldat

Zanatos_Soldat Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2001
    Sorry I have been gone for awhile, been busy with everyday life. I seen my freinds and members of the Fandomenace at the fair. That is due to the fact I work there as an actor. I play Prince Garnet of the Gypsies. I seen them all and greeted them with open arms. But to my dismay this fair was not as well good as the last time. We have had some problems listed below.

#1. The person who plays King Richard, died of a heart attack. So in honor of his service to the fair we went forward a century.
    #2. There is no Raft ride this year that takes you across the lake. That was the fact we had problems with volounteers messing it up and we had it banned.
    #3. There is one person that is in the hospital because she is very ill. She plays Elwyn Ka the high priestess and spirt drawer.
    #4. There is no Farie forrest this time because since we went forward a century and changed the location to England, there are no such things as faries.(but people still play them.)
    #5. The fair is quite packed and stuffed. They shortened the place so it is not as a long walk and open as it use to be.

But other that that well it has rained and been very muddy, but that is normal in Florida. Other than that hope to hear from you all soon. Goodbye!

6. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    Fair was fun with one exception. I posted this letter to its promoters:

Dear Sirs & Ladies:
    I extend appreciation and congratulations to another successful and entertaining ren. fest at Quiet Waters Park. I have been an enthusiastic patron since the first one in Snyder Park 9 years ago. However, there is just one matter which left a bitter taste in my mouth throughout the end of the day, last Sunday, Feb. 17. I realize it was a very populous day for the fair, but there could have been either signs posted or areas roped off for the jousting event. I also realize that accommodations must be made for "VIP" patrons who purchase substantial fees for the Royal Feast and that they should be especially acknowledged.; However, the solution is not to make others who simply purchased the price of admission (surely as well as purchases from vendors) feel like mere "peasants" for staking a seat at the joust early when no other provisions had been previously communicated. We, in the "real world", do not acknowledge a "caste system"! I certainly hope this is not an oversight that will be simply overlooked. I am certain that I am not the only person who feels this way and who will base their decision to return to this festival on that basis.

Sincerely,

Sean Sanders

In addition, one point that I did not communicate:

BLOODMOBILES cannot legally discriminate against people who have had accupuncture. They attempt to make no distinction beween intravenous drug users and those who utilize a widely accepted health care alternative to poisoning drug therapies. If anyone experiences any problems in this area let me know!

7. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    I,for one, am glad Ren. season is over. I love the Rennaissance but if I hear one more "Huzzah!!" I'm going to puke!

-Axe

8. DarthEFelement

DarthEFelement Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    how can you say that Huzzah is the best word ever. Don't you watch mystery science theater? The show wouldn't be the same without it. So HUZZAH!

9. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    I was simply conveying my long-awaited appreciation for the end of "Ren. Season". Now maybe we can all concentrate on Star Wars. Wasn't it like half a year? :)

-Axe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.