main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gentlemen's Writing Guild

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SkalenFehl, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Affixed Scowler

Affixed Scowler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 15, 2005
    I hear that. Lately, I'm just busy all the time. If it's not work, it's my woman. If it's not my woman, it's Gamma Cell. I think I'm gonna take a sleep holiday in the form of this weekend and just do nothing but dream.

2. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    well, let's just say your dream gives you a phenomenal plot bunny. wouldn't you end up being busier afterwards? :p

3. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Merry Christmas everyone. I know this is an old story, but it would be nice if all old Christmas stories could be put somewhere that we could enjoy each year. Or maybe I'm just selfish. In any event, if you're lurking or not, I hope you enjoy this one:

The Greatest Gift.

Thanks for reading. :)

4. Affixed Scowler

Affixed Scowler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 15, 2005
    Merry Christmas, GWG.

5. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    I second that! :)

6. SiriLVR

SiriLVR Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    *walks in with a huge cape on hiding all feature of his body*
    IT has been to long friends and soon to be friends. Has been too long. I have missed this place. Lost email and password for SWG so I stopped by here to check wich email i used. I'll come by sometimes. Good to be back.

7. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Hello gents.

Stopping in to say 'hi', and that I'm not dead yet.

8. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Stopping by to dust off the cobwebs. Man, I miss writing...

9. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    some one have an industrial dust buster cause my chair and corner are so thick in dust I think it will take a week.... oh wait *snap* all clean god I had almost forgotten about that ability...

10. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    That ability comes in quite handy here in the GWG.

Pity it can't do anything to get me to be more motivated with respect to writing.

My muse right now:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/DarthPhelps/JC%20Misc/skeleton-waiting1.jpg]

11. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    It's good to see this place hasn't completely bit the dust just yet.

For my part, the rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated . . . although it has been over a year since I last stopped by the boards. [face_blush]

Unlike the E, my muse has a bit of Lazarus thing going on right now. Something like this:

[image=http://m.blog.hu/st/stereomacko/image/sd-skeleton-1024-724240.jpeg]

12. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Once in a while one of us pops in to dust off the cobwebs and make sure the lights still work.

*snaps fingers*

Much better. Another year gone by. I've been enjoying the new clone wars series when I can. Looking forward to the live series, if it ever happens. Haven't really had a chance to do any writing in far too long. Hope all you gents are are still alive and well. Long live the GWG.

13. Anime_Jedi

Anime_Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Just thought I'd pop in gents, I think its be over year since I've been here.

I know I had dial up the last time I was here now I have fast internet.

I've been thinking about writing again or at very least finishing an H/L fic that I started writing over a year ago.

One of the main reason I stopped was due to lack of a beta, I can never seem to keep one, they end up going in one or anther.

So with that fact I am reluctant to get into writing again.

So anyway was just going over some old work and thought I'd say hi to you guys.:)

14. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    oh wow, this place is still here? :)

Hiya everyone!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! [:D]

15. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    There has been a disturbance...

16. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    People should be able to reply to this thread now.

Exeter and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  18. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Cleaned out the cobwebs in this place, cranked up the ol' generator and turned the lights on. Fridge is stocked. Help yourselves. Looking forward to December 18 and new plot bunnies.

Exeter likes this.
  19. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005

You're damned right I've felt it!

Great to see a bit of life here. Skalen & I were talking about the new movie and hoping we see some old (and new) faces again after it comes out. Without this place, I doubt I'd ever have got into SW writing.

20. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    *Throws on smoking jacket, and settles into a comfortable armchair with a snifter of Baileys!*

That was a great intro, 371 pages ago!

Visited someone's story in an attempt to do a bit of reviewing, but the wall of onscreen text immediately de-motivated me, however, Dashren2001 's first paragraph for Star Wars: Coldiron Squadron, just four or five lines, immediately grabbed me with its unique descriptives.

Splendid start to a story, and Dashren2001 (*checks that he's male*) should know about this place.

whiskers and Exeter like this.
  21. Dashren2001

Dashren2001 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 20, 2008
  22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, I didn't know about this place either, till I spotted it yesterday.

Looks like it has had a spotty existence, but SkalenFehl has opened it up again, and if there is enough interest from writers on here, hopefully the thread will come back to life.

As for feedback, if you write to get feedback, and not getting it is like a loss of essential vitamins, I suggest you pop along to the pharmacist to get supplements, because it can be a hard earned benefit.

Write for yourself, primarily, and if someone likes your stuff enough to comment, welcome it as a pleasant surprise. Also, apparently, reading and reviewing other people's stories might, if they are in the right frame of mind, your stars align, and its a sunny day, the author might return the gesture. Its not an exact science though.

I tipped my toe in and read your very first paragraph, and you impressed me from your very first line:

Whoa.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    That is how you write an opening. Holy crap.

Exeter and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. Dashren2001

Dashren2001 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    ---

whiskers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.