main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 'Guests of CE' thread

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by DewbackRider88, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CambridgeDan

CambridgeDan Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    Out of interest, what minor characters would you want? im going to CE with my cousin and he needs a few I already have like Salo Gardner (Skullface in ANH cantina), Mike Savva (Naboo Guard AOTC), Dave Sexton (Naboo Guard TPM) and Mike Mungarven (ANH stormtrooper that bumped his head?)
    Not going to buy many of the regulars' autographs but mainly looking forward to seeing Jeremy Bulloch again but I hope the other usual suspects can practice a smile and communication skills too!

2. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004

I dont really go for background or minor characters. I dont think they are worth spending money on when it comes to autos. With the amount of merchendise and major autographs to buy, I wont have enough to get ones from 'trooper number 4'

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It depends on what you mean with minor character. For example I have quite a few autographs from minor jedi (like Shaak Ti, Luminara and Barris) but I wouldn't be interested in trooper nr 4 or ewok nr 6. If I want to have an autograph at least I want the character to be interesting, not just one in a big group.

4. CambridgeDan

Sep 16, 2006
    Oh I agree entirely, there are a lot of stormtroopers too. I wouldnt buy 'Lightning Bears' auto either and he's going to CIV and probably CIII, he was a stuntman and scout trooper, however he must be at every convention going. Ive drawn the line in that members of crowds and armies are pushing it but I would get the auto of someone who you can actually see facially on screen.

5. jedigirl0

jedigirl0 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    Hear hear, anyone that was visual or has an action figure please! NOT really into Stormtroopers, Biker Scouts or any army guy wearing a helmet or mask.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    First guests have been announced - Fetts and Sith. (Tem is coming!!)

Jeremy Bulloch -- Boba Fett
    Daniel Logan -- Boba Fett
    Temuera Morrison -- Jango Fett/Commander Cody
    David Prowse -- Darth Vader
    Ray Park -- Darth Maul

You can see the story here on TOS.

7. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Fantastic !! Looks like it's all starting to hot up now [face_dancing]

Looking forward to meeting Ray Parks - been told he's really friendly & down to earth.

I just hope Ian McDiarmid will be on the list, or dare I even suggest Harrison Ford [face_praying]

8. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Not sure Ewan will be at CE, since he'll be going the Long Way Down :(

9. CambridgeDan

Sep 16, 2006
    Nice safe list to open up with Temeura Morrison is the pick of the bunch there, Im not a fan of Ray Park since it was him that started the trend of charging more for autos and, whats a surprise, Mr Lord Prowse is there.

10. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    to merry heck with that lot... they've just announced
    DAVE DORMAN,star wars artist supreme,is going to be in attendance.
    ****,and if you will,-a-doodle-doo!

11. FitKisto88

FitKisto88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    Dave Dorman is great news. I really liked the covers he did for Dark Horse Comics and his lithographs.

Plus hopefully it won't cost as much to get an autograph off him as it would for one of the actors.

12. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    dave dorman does not charge anything for his autograph,according to his daily blog. he will happily sign any item for your for free,but obviously charges for his limited edition prints,the latest of which is awesome,i might add.
    i'll certainly be taking quite a few comic books for him to sign,most likely the sterling work he's been doing for the highlander comics recently.
    he's a genius,you know.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got a book here - Star Wars: The Art of Dave Dorman. I might bring it along to get it signed.

14. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    From Jedi Council Forums » FanForce: Europe » Europe Region General Discussion » European Celebration: 13th-15th of July '07, London:
    Weird...

15. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I've made a reply in the Euro forum but I shall repeat it here:

'The situation is a little complicated and even I'm not sure what the exact details are or ever were. Showmasters were contracted to take care of the autograph hall and the guests, but they've recently decided to be written out of the contract as they feel the time is not right for them to be involved with the show. Consequently, many of the announced guests need their contracts re-negotiated because they were originally with Showmasters. Hopefully it wont affect things too much and once the new deals/contracts are arranged, and as soon as C4 is finished and delt with, we should be getting the announcements thick and fast. '

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That sucks. I've already met Tem once but was hoping to see him again.

17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    There's still a chance he'll be a guest, so fingers crossed that the new people make a good impression, lol. Temuera has a good relationship with Showmasters so I can imagine he might be having second thoughts because of the current situation, but he's very much a showman too so the opportunity of doing CE should be very appealing regardless of who's booking him....unless they offer him peanuts ;)

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Three guests have been (kinda) officially announced.
    We have:
    Billy Dee Williams (Sunday only)
    John Mollo (Costume designer from the OT - appearing all 3 days)
    Dave Barclay (puppeteer on the OT - appearing all 3 days)

All these guests are from Coolwaters Productions LLC (aka Derek 'please don't give him access to a microphone' Maki ).

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There's a new list posted at TOS. Billy Dee has been confirmed along with quite a few others. Most played minor characters or were behind the scenes.

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Here's a good old cut & paste:
    David Ankrum: Voice of Wedge, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi

David Barclay: Jabba the Hutt puppeteer, Return of the Jedi

Lightning Bear: Scout trooper and stormtrooper, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Sean Crawford: Yak Face and Mon Calamari officer, Return of the Jedi

Dermot Crowley: General Crix Madine, Return of the Jedi

Tim Dry: J'Quille (Whiphid) and Mon Calamari, Return of the Jedi

Mike Edmonds: Logray the Ewok and Jabba the Hutt, puppeteer, Return of the Jedi

Christine Hewitt: Tonnika TwinA New Hope

Barrie Holland: Imperial Officer, Lt. RenzReturn of the Jedi

Ian Liston: Lt. Wes Jansen and AT-AT DriverThe Empire Strikes Back

Toby Philpot: Jabba the Hutt puppeteerReturn of the Jedi

Matt Sloan: Plo Koon, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith

Shannon McRandle: Mara Jade, Star Wars trading card game.

John Mollo: Costume Designer and Academy Award Winner, A New Hope, and The Empire Strikes Back

Brian Muir: Sculptor, A New Hope

Joe Viskocil: Visual Effects (Pyrotechnics) A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back

Danny Wagner: Mawhonic, The Phantom Menace & ILM Model Maker The Phantom Menace , Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

A goodish start, let's hope the guest announcements keep coming.............................

21. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    The Official CE site guest page has been updated, complete with autograph prices. Like the US shows, CE will adopt the coupon system. One coupon will cost £5, and each guest will have a different number of coupons required for their autograph. Here's a breakdown of the guest prices so far:

5 coupons/£25
    Billy Dee Williams
    Dave Prowse

4 coupons/£20
    Ray Park
    Jeremy Bulloch

3 coupons/£15
    Mike Edmonds (Jabba Puppeteer)
    Christine Hewitt (Tonnika Twin)
    Barrie Holland (Lt Renz)
    Lightning Bear (Scout trooper)
    Daniel Logan (young Boba)
    Tony Philpot (Jabba Puppeteer)
    Matt Sloan (Plo Koon from Aotc & RotS)

2 coupons/£10
    David Ankrum (Voice of Wedge)
    Dave Barcley (Jabba Puppeteer)
    Sean Crawford (Yak face)
    Dermot Crowley (General Madine)
    Tim Dry (Wippid)
    Ian Liston (Wes Janson)
    Shannon McRandle (Mara Jade)
    John Mollow (OT Costume designer)
    Brain Muir (Sculpture)
    Joe Viskocil (SFX)
    Danny Wagner (SFX)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some good pricing, some bad pricing. Special Celebration Europe commemorative photos will also be available to purchase for the guests to sign, but these will be sold separately (no price given yet, but I suspect £5 each would be about right).
    Sadly Temuera Morrison can no longer attend :(

22. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    john mollo!!!
    that's my price of admission justified.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That sucks about Tem. I was looking forward to seeing him. I've already got Jeremy's autograph.

24. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I'm getting a bit worried about the lack of big names and tbh with only a few weeks to go, the lack of information on the official website regarding what's on, I am really hoping this isn't going to turn out to be a damp squib!

25. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Your not the only one worried about CE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.