main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Heart of Destiny (JA - ANH)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Laura_Kenobi, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    The Heart of Destiny
    By - Laura Kenobi
    Disclaimer ? You know the drill? I don?t own any of the recognizable characters/planets. I do, however, own this story, the characters Gwen A?mour & Ginger L?arel, and the planets Athonia & Trassent, etc. Anything you don?t recognize is probably mine.
    Archive - Please contact me first!
    Author?s note ? ?*?*? represents thoughts. ?///?///? represents Force communication.
    Summary - Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn start out on a mission - and a lifetime of memories follow.

Here's another one of my stories! When I finished posting With Love Comes Pain I asked if anyone wanted me to post some of my other stories - and I got an affirmative. So here it it! This story is definately longer than With Love Comes Pain - I hope that will turn out to be a good thing! :)

~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan Kenobi shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He was growing restless.

* Shouldn?t we be there by now? How long does it take to get to Athonia anyway? *

The seventeen-year-old Padawan and his Master ? Qui-Gon Jinn ? were on their way to the planet Athonia, aboard the ship called the Axon II, on a mission to help negotiate peace between the two main civilizations of the planet: the Zinca and the Athians. The Zinca and the Athians had been arguing over a sacred section of the planet for years: both sides wanted it for their own purposes. Recently, within the past few months, the arguing had taken a violent turn. The planet was dangerously close to an enormous civil war. The Jedi had been called upon to help settle the dispute. A very simple mission ? in theory. * But many times the ?simple missions? are the ones that end the worst. *

/// Growing restless, Padawan? ///

Obi-Wan nearly fell out of his chair. His master had disappeared hours ago to do some research on Athonia and the situation. He had instructed Obi-Wan to do the same.

* And I did? for a while anyway. *

?Yes, Master. I apologize if I disturbed you.?

Qui-Gon smiled. ?It won?t be much longer, Obi-Wan. We should be arriving within the hour. And no worry, you didn?t disturb me. I just finished reading over those data pads. The situation on Athonia is very serious.?

Obi-Wan nodded in agreement. If a civil war were to break out? he shuddered. They must not allow that to happen. The results would be unimaginable. Obi-Wan didn?t like to think about it. He glanced up at his master.

?I have a bad feeling about this, Master. The situation is very unstable.?

?Yes it is. But don?t center on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs.?

Obi-Wan resisted the urge to sigh. He had heard that line a thousand times?

?Yes, Master. I think I should go get ready.? He stood up and started for the door.

?Padawan??

Obi-Wan stopped and turned to look at Qui-Gon, ?Yes??

?Don?t worry about this mission. We?ll be fine; we?ve handled much worse than this.? Qui-Gon gave him an encouraging smile. Obi-Wan smiled briefly back, then turned and hurried to his ?room?.

* He must be right. Nothing will happen. Just calm down. Getting upset about this will do no one any good. *

He shook his head, but the feeling of dread wouldn?t go away. He would just have to work around it.

/// We?re about to pull out of hyperspace, Padawan. ///

/// Okay, I?ll be right there. ///

Obi-Wan snatched his robe and lightsaber off his ?bed? and hurried back to the cockpit. Qui-Gon turned in his chair and smiled at him as he entered. He reached for the hyperspace lever.

?Strap yourself in, Obi-Wan. You know how rough this can be.? A small chuckle escaped from his master?s lips, and Obi-Wan smiled as he strapped himself into a seat by the wall. As his master?s large hand pushed the lever towards the ceiling, however, the Force ?screamed? a warning of danger. As the Axon II pulled out of hyperspace, blaster fire exploded from all directions. Obi-Wan c

2. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Hmmm....I don't remember if I've read this before...... anyway, good start! :D

3. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I like it. I like it!

4. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow!! Good start there, Laura!!! This looks to be an interesting story! Looking forward to more.... :)

5. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    M - Well if you have read this before I hope you enjoy reading it again (if you wish), and if you've not read it I hope you enjoy reading it for the first time! :)

Obi the Kid - Thanks so much! [face_blush] Your praise is quite encouraging!

Gimpy - Thanks to you as well! I'm glad the start makes the story look promising! I hope the rest of the story isn't disappointing!

Here's the next part:

~*~*~*~

The walk to Master Ginger L?arel?s quarters was not a long one. The two Jedi made it to the door within three minutes. Obi-Wan watched as his master knocked, and as the door slid open, a smile split Qui-Gon?s face.

?Ginger! It has been too long!?

Master L?arel was human; she was taller than Obi-Wan, but not as tall as Qui-Gon. * The day I meet a human who is taller than my master will be a day long remembered? * She had long black hair that was braided, and ran a good length down her back. Her brown eyes were kind and adventurous. She smiled back at Qui-Gon.

?Qui-Gon Jinn! Come in, come in! And this must be the famous Obi-Wan Kenobi, huh? You must keep your master on his toes young man! He always has something to say about you. I?m pleased to meet you.?

Obi-Wan bowed quickly. ?It?s very nice to meet you as well, Master L?arel.?

She flashed him a smile, and turned back to Qui-Gon.

?My Padawan should be back soon. One of her good friends is about to leave on a mission, and she wanted to say goodbye. She?s almost seventeen, so she and Obi-Wan should have a nice night - out of here, I?m sure. I thought you wouldn?t mind if she was a bit late.?

?Oh, no problem. I?m sure Obi-Wan can suffer here with us for a while.? He laughed at Obi-Wan?s embarrassed expression, and began a conversation with Master L?arel.

Obi-Wan wasn?t quite sure what to do. He decided it would be best just to stay where he was, and wait for any order on what to do. He was saved the trouble, though, when he heard the door open in the other room.

?Padawan? Is that you? Master Jinn and Padawan Kenobi have arrived. Please come and say hello.?

?Coming!?

As Master L?arel?s Padawan came through the door, Obi-Wan?s breath caught in his throat. She was human, with light brown hair that just swept the tops of her shoulders, and a petite frame. Obi-Wan estimated that she was probably about five feet tall. Despite her small physique, she was stunning. He couldn?t tear his eyes away. She turned to look at him as she walked toward her Master, and their eyes met. Obi-Wan wondered momentarily how he could even breathe. Her eyes ? they were astounding! They were a brilliant shade of green, and they seemed to glow with kindness and energy. He felt as though he could get lost in their depths?

?Padawan, this is Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi,? Master L?arel turned to Qui-Gon, ?This is my Padawan, Gwen A?mour.?

Gwen bowed to Qui-Gon much as Obi-Wan had done when he had met Master L?arel.

?It is very nice to meet you, Master Jinn,? she turned in Obi-Wan?s direction, ?And you as well, Padawan Kenobi.?

?It?s wonderful to meet you, Gwen. Your master is lucky to have such a polite Padawan.? Qui-Gon smiled at her, and she blushed slightly and looked away. ?Thank you, Master Jinn.?

Obi-Wan wasn?t sure what to say. He wondered if his voice would work, even if he wanted it to. As Gwen turned and glanced at him, he decided he better say something.

?It?s a pleasure to meet you, Padawan A?mour.? He flashed her a smile, and was rewarded with a smile in return.

?Well,? Master L?arel announced, ?now that everyone is acquainted, let us move on! Gwen, would you mind keeping Padawan Kenobi entertained for the evening? Unless, of course, you would both rather spend the evening with us??

?I?d be happy to, Master. Can we go somewhere else in the Temple, or would you rather have us stay here??

Her Master turned to look at Qui-Gon. He nodded slightly. ?It?s fine with me.?

?Then it is fine with me as well. Go wherever you like? within re

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    No flaming nessasary, Laura! This is very, Very, well done!! :)

7. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    No flame...still reading! Must post more...

8. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Thanks! I don't have time to post another part at the moment, but I'll try and post later today! Some of my relatives are staying at my house so I'm doing stuff with them...

Thanks again for the encouragement! You are all too kind... [face_blush]

:D

9. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    No flames whatsoever, Laura!! That was a nice post, I like the idea of Obi-Wan having a soulmate! It sounds like something major might happen soon, though...

he had no idea how important she would be later in his life?

Looking forward to more! :)

10. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    I'm here!! Sorry I'm late with the fb but Darth Real Life's been bad again.....

That last line sounded omnious Laura........And nice idea to have Obi and Gwen share a "soul-bond", does that mean they're go steady later? :D

11. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Whew! Sorry about the delay, everyone! Darth Real Life's being kind of mean lately... :)

Sara - Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Obi the Kid - Here's another post for you... :)

gimpy - foreshadowing, hmmmm... I think this post will begin to answer some questions...

M - So DRL is being bad for you, too? It must be a bad week... ;) I'm glad you found the time to leave me feedback! Thanks!

Here goes:

~*~*~*~

This part happens ~*~ Six Standard Years ~*~ after the previous post.

~*~*~*~

?Obi-Wan! Over here!?

Twenty-three-year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi recognized the voice at once. Bant, his best friend, was waving at him across the cafeteria. He waved back, and started her way. A funny feeling tugged at the back of his mind, but he couldn?t focus in on it. He gave a mental shrug, and smiled at Bant as he walked up to her table. He sat down beside her.

?Hi! It?s been forever since I saw you! Has Master Jinn been working you all the time or something? It?s great to see you!?

?I suppose you could say that. We just returned from a mission to Malastare. Just a routine peace treaty for once. No complications. It?s nice to be back, though. What have you been up to??

?Not a much as I?d like to be. The council hasn?t sent us on a mission in months. I wonder if they?re mad at Master G?rent or me? I guess mad may not be the best choice of words? I don?t know.?

?I?m sure they?re not. They?ll send you on a mission soon enough. I would love at least a week off! Maybe we should switch places!? He laughed. He could just imagine what Master Qui-Gon Jinn would say if Bant walked in saying she was Obi-Wan Kenobi. His laughter died away, however, as the odd feeling he had been feeling earlier came flooding back. He turned to look at Bant, who had turned to call out to someone who was walking in the general direction. She turned back to him.

?Here comes Gwen. I think you?ll like her, she is one of my good friends.?

* Gwen? Oh Force? * He had seen Gwen A?mour a few times since the night they had met. Over the years, though, they had sort of lost contact, only seeing each other briefly passing in the hall. They had been somewhat avoiding each other, and had never spoken of the bond that Obi-Wan was now sure they shared. That was the reason, actually, that they had avoided each other. The bond had been frightening to them both, and they hadn?t wanted to talk about it. Obi-Wan still didn?t.

As she came over and sat down across from him, he was sure it was Gwen A?mour. He knew she hadn?t seen him yet, and hoped she wouldn?t recognize him. It was not to be.

?Gwen, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi. He?s my best friend. Obi-Wan, meet Gwen A?mour. I met her a few years ago, and now we?re good friends.? Bant smiled, unaware that they were already acquainted.

Gwen?s head snapped up to look Obi-Wan in the eyes. As their eyes met, a chill of excitement ran down Obi-Wan?s spine. She was breathtaking! Her hair had gotten longer, and now cascaded in loose waves down her back, framing her small face. She had definitely grown into her small frame, he noticed with embarrassment. This person sitting in front of him was no girl. She was a woman, and he was bonded to her. He wanted to pull his eyes away, but he could not. Her eyes were the same - the one feature of her body that had not changed since they had met - green and beautiful; so lively, so full of energy. He forced his mouth to form words as he broke the eye contact.

?We?ve met. Master Jinn and Master L?arel are close friends.?

Gwen nodded in agreement.

?Well that?s odd. It?s a ?small world? isn?t it?? Bant chuckled. As she laughed, her comlink beeped at her waist. She thumbed it on.

?Bant here.?

?Padawan? I apologize for interrupting, but the Council has summoned us. I need you to meet me at the Council chamber in five minutes.?

Bant sighed. ?Yes, Master. I?ll be right there.? She thumbed off her comlink. ?Well, I guess I have to go. I?ll talk t

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    OH MY GOD THAT WAS JUST AWESOME I LOVED HOW LONG IT WAS. WISH ALL OF THEM COULD BE THAT LONG, BUT ANY WAY'Z CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT POST AND POST SOON.... :) :) :) :) :)

13. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Well of course no one will flame you Laura, you're a very talented writer!! :D

14. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Ooops, double post! Heheheh... Sorry!

15. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Well, here's the next post!

Jenny: Thanks! [face_blush] I do try to make the posts long... the way I like them when I'm the reader. Sometimes they won't be so long, but I do try! :)

Ginger: Thanks! :D

~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan woke early the next morning. It was 5:00. He and Gwen had arranged to meet in the gardens around 6:00 in the morning. He couldn?t wait. He climbed out of bed, and entered the ?fresher. After a quick shower, he dressed and headed for the gardens. He didn?t see her as he entered the gardens, so he called out to her.

/// Gwen? ///

/// Yes? ///

/// Are you here? ///

?BOO!?

Obi-Wan all but jumped ten feet into the air. He spun around to find Gwen nearly falling over with laughter. Her laughter was contagious, and soon they were both laughing so hard they could barely breathe. As they both caught their breath, Gwen smiled at him.

?Did I scare you??

?Jedi don?t get scared.?

?Ha! I knew it! I did! I?m just so good??

?Yeah, we?ll see about that.? Obi-Wan smirked. In a flash, he had Gwen around the waist, and was tickling her without mercy.

?Stop!? she squealed, ?Oh, Obi? Obi-Wan? stop! Hahahah! Obi-Wan??

?Do you surrender??

?I?this isn?t fair! Obi-Wan??

?Surrender??

?No?Yes! Obi-Wan! YES!? As he let go of her, she fell to the ground laughing, pulling him with her. They both ended up sitting on the ground laughing hysterically. As their amusement again died away, Obi-Wan looked deep into her eyes. She was so captivating? He reached out and cupped her face in his hand. She smiled warmly at him, placing her hand over his. As if he were in some sort of trance, Obi-Wan leaned forward until their faces were centimeters apart.

?I love you.? Gwen?s whispered words were so soft, he wondered if he had imagined them. One look into her eyes told him otherwise.

?And I love you.?

He pulled her in closer, and their lips met. For a moment they hesitated, but then the infatuation of the moment washed over them, and they shared a passionate kiss. After what seemed like an hour they pulled apart, smiling broadly.

/// That was amazing. ///

/// Yeah. ///

They were both in a kind of daze, and after a couple more nearly identical kisses, Obi-Wan?s comlink beeped. He growled in irritation. Thumbing it on, he gave it a ?glare?.

?Obi-Wan here.?

?Padawan, we are to report to the council chambers immediately. It?s very urgent Obi-Wan. Please hurry.? Qui-Gon sounded worried, which was unusual. * Something must be very wrong. *

?I?m on my way, Master.? He switched off the comlink, and looked up at Gwen. ?I?m so sorry, but I need to go. He sounded??

?Worried. Yes, you should go. I?ll see you later. I love you.?

?I love you too. See you!?

He stood and smiled at her, then turned and strode out of the room.

~*~*~*~

?Very worried, the Council is. A terrible situation this could become. A child she is.?

Master Yoda?s ears drooped. The situation was a horrible one. A few young Jedi children had been out in the front of the Temple, when a man on a very quick speeder flew up and grabbed Alena Hagi, a four-year-old Twi?lek. Before anyone could react, he was gone, taking Alena with him. And to make matters worse, Alena was the daughter of a very high-ranking senator, who checked on her progress almost every day. He had not found out yet, but when he did the council wanted to be able to tell him that they were already on the lookout for her. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had been chosen to find her.

?We must find this young girl. We only have one lead, and that is that he was flying a senate speeder. He may have stolen it, but that is the only lead we have. Here is a picture taken by a security camera outside. It is not by any standard good quality, but perhaps it will be of help.? Mace Windu handed Qui-Gon a picture.

?Anything could lead us to Alena. You have my word my Masters that we will find her. We will not fail.? Qui-Gon?s voice was set and determined. Obi-Wa

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    good work good work good work more more more more nnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeedddddddddd mmmooooorrrrreeeeeeee. pleasee post soon :)

17. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I missed two posts?!?!? Excuse me a sec,

* Stalks over to DRL, "You made me miss not one, but TWO posts!" Grabs lightsaber and takes a few swings*

Ok, I'm back! :D

LOL on many lines, such as "Can we get some sleep now?"

Yea!!!!! They're going steady!!!! [face_love]

More please?

18. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    LOL, you and me both M!

Nice couple of posts there, Laura!!!!!!!!!!! :D That is so wierd, because the first thing I thought when I read about Alena's kidnapping and her father and all was Wait, I betcha it's the father. :)

I loved Obi's excitement when he figured it out, and that kiss was so sweet! Looking forward to more!

19. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Thanks!

Jenny - I'll post more possibly later tonight but probably tomorrow sometime! :)

LOL, M! Should I post slower so you can get it one post at a time? ;)

Wow, gimpy - it must be one of those Jedi powers - forseeing the future! [face_laugh]

It was so wonderful to come on here to check out this story today and find these wonderful comments! It was my first day back to school today and I was (and kind of still am) in a fairly bad mood...

But this helped cheer me up! ::someone is actually enjoying my story! :eek:::

:D

20. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Hello all! Here's the next post! It's a little birthday present to you on MY birthday today... ;)

~*~*~*~

?Obi-Wan? Obi-Wan, wake up. Obi-Wan??

* Who in the name of the Force is waking me up? I?m going to strangle them? *

He pulled his eyes open. Gwen stood over him, smiling brightly. * So much for strangling? * ?Hello, sleepyhead. Sleep well??

?Mmmmmm? I don?t think I?ve ever slept so well. It?s great to see you.? He smiled and pulled her into a quick kiss.

?It?s great to see you, too. I?ve missed you.?

Obi-Wan laughed. ?It was only like three days? but I missed you too. Did they get Alena back?? He got slowly out of bed.

?Yes, they found her early this morning in Senator Hagi?s quarters. Just as you thought.?

He snorted. ?There it was right under my nose the entire time, and it took me three days to figure it out!?

Gwen laughed. ?Aren?t we the cheery bunch this morning? I made you breakfast? hurry up or it will get cold.?

?Yes ma?am.?

?Don?t get sassy with me, Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

?Never.?

She swatted playfully at him as she walked into the other room. He sighed. * The blasted Council better not send me on another mission any time soon. * He wanted to spend some time with Gwen. Grabbing some clothes, he made his way to the ?fresher. He showered as quickly as he could, and then walked into the kitchen. Gwen looked up from where she sat reading the morning news-holo.

?Hey.?

?Hey, yourself. What?s for breakfast??

?There?s some toast on the counter. I hope you like it. I?m not exactly the galaxy?s best cook. And toast is terribly hard to make?? She grinned.

Laughing, Obi-Wan took some toast, and sat down beside her. She read as he ate, and he discovered that she was actually a very good ?cook?.

?Mmmmm, this is good.?

?Really? Thanks.?

He finished quickly, and then settled down beside her. They spent the entire morning there, talking and laughing. Around lunchtime, Qui-Gon and Master L?arel entered, carrying lunch.

?Hello! We brought some lunch. And no, I didn?t make it. We got it at a restaurant nearby.? Qui-Gon?s eyes danced. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. He looked over at Gwen.

?If he ever offers you food that he made, run for your life.?

?It?s not that bad!?

?Yes it is! You never eat it!?

?Come now, boys. Let?s not argue! It?s time to eat!? Master L?arel could barely keep herself from laughing. Gwen was not as successful, and laughed in amusement. Soon, the entire group was laughing and eating lunch.

* This is how life should always be. *

Obi-Wan smiled at Gwen. He was so happy. He closed his eyes for a moment, and saw a quick vision. He and Gwen were laughing and talking, but instead of the two Jedi Masters, there was a young man and a young woman. Obi-Wan did not recognize them, and then as quickly as it had appeared, the vision was gone.

~*~ One Standard Year Later ~*~

Gwen A?mour sighed contently. It was amazing, she thought, that her life was so wonderful. She was a Jedi apprentice to a wonderful Master, and she had a soul mate that she loved with all her heart.

Obi-Wan nudged her softly in the side. ?Anyone home??

?Yes, I was just thinking??

?About me?? Innocence shone in his eyes, and the corners of his mouth twitched slightly.

?Among other things.?

He laughed.

They were in the Temple gardens. They often came here; it was a special place. They had carried on their first conversation here, and they had shared their first kiss here as well. And, if for nothing else, it was beautiful.

Obi-Wan took her hand, and led her down a long path to their favorite spot in the entire garden. It was a small ?clearing? with a fountain shaped like an angel from the moons of Iego. It was very enchanting. Obi-Wan had thrown her into that fountain once? He led her over to near the fountain, and then he stopped. Gwen was confused. What was he doing? He took her hand gently in both of his.

?Gwen? I want to ask you a question.?

21. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    :) You know how much we all love fluff!

22. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Man, you've got a great sense of humor!! Again, LOL on many lines, too many to put them all here.

But,huh, shouldn't we be giving you something for you're b-day? How bout this:

HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you........

And you don't have to post slower, I'll just maim or kill Darth Real Life.........It'll be fun, trust me [face_mischief]

23. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    oohhh that was beautyfull can't wait for next post really i can't ok i have to go get some tissue's brb..... :) :) :)

24. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! :)

What it's a good story!!

25. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Here's the next post... I decided to put it up before bed tonight...

Ginger: :) Thanks. I worry sometimes that it gets too boring... if it does someone please let me know! And thanks for the 'up'!

M: [face_blush] Thanks! A great sense of humor, huh? I do try to lighten the mood... and hey, I just thought I'd use my wonderful birthday cheer to give y'all a post... like I needed an excuse... ;)

Jenny: :D You're not seriously crying?!?! :eek:

You are all way too kind - this cannot be that good... can it? ?[face_plain]

Anway, on to the post...

~*~ One Standard Year Later ~*~

?Do you have to? I don?t like it when you leave!?

?I know, Love. But I have to go. The Trade Federation has blockaded Naboo. It?s a very serious situation.

?I suppose. Just hurry back, okay? Take good care of Master Jinn.?

Obi-Wan laughed at his wife. ?I promise. I love you.?

?I love you too. Be careful.?

?I always am. I?ll see you ? hopefully ? in a few days.?

They shared a kiss, and then Obi-Wan turned and left. He hadn?t told her. He shook his head. This was not going to go well. He had a very bad feeling about it?

~*~*~*~

Aboard the Trade Federation ship, Obi-Wan?s ?bad feeling? was still nagging at him. He decided to tell his Master.

?I have a bad feeling about this.?

?I don?t sense anything.?

?It?s not about the mission, Master. It?s something? elsewhere? elusive??

?Don?t center on your anxiety, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs.?

As they continued the conversation, Obi-Wan tried to isolate what it was that was troubling him. As he conversation ended, however, he had not discovered it. He resisted the impulse to sigh. * This is not going to be good? *

~*~*~*~

The peaceful negotiations went quickly downhill from there. Their ship was destroyed, and they had to fight their way out of the Trade Federation ship. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had stowed aboard separate transports and now they were back together, along with a very annoying creature that called himself Jar Jar Binks. It had taken a while, and they had been through quite a bit of trouble, but now they were in Theed, the capital of Naboo. They needed to find the Queen. Queen Amidala of the Naboo. She could help them.

As they spotted her, Obi-Wan groaned softly. She had been captured by the battle droids. Qui-Gon motioned toward a bridge that went over the street below. The group of droids and their prisoners ? including the Queen ? were going to walk under the bridge. As the Jedi leapt from the ledge into the path of the group, they made quick work of the droids, and ushered the Queen and her ?party? off the streets.

Qui-Gon was now discussing the situation with the Queen. Obi-Wan looked over at one of the handmaidens. Although he managed to keep his calm on the outside, on the inside he was shocked. It was? she. The woman from his visions! A Queen?s handmaiden? What was her name? How would she tie into his life?

The Queen was reluctant, but she agreed that she needed to come to Coruscant, and they started into the hanger.

~*~*~*~

Gwen tried to push away her feeling of dread. Obi-Wan?s mission had taken a turn for the worse, and he hadn?t made any kind of contact with her! She wanted to call to him through their bond, but she was afraid it could distract him. She didn?t want to take the chance.

* Oh, Obi-Wan. Please be okay! *

It was late, and she decided to go to sleep. Maybe he would contact her in the morning?

~*~*~*~

* Great. This is just great! Why do these things always happen to us? *

Obi-Wan was upset. After a big scene in the hanger, their ship had been damaged, and they had ?crash landed? on Tatooine, the most deserted of deserted planets. And ? as if that wasn?t bad enough ? Qui-Gon had left him to ?watch over? the ship! Most of the other people on board were angry at Qui-Gon, as he had placed their fate in the hands of a young boy who could win the

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.