main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Homeworld of Humanity

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Adrian the Cool, Feb 14, 2013.

?

The Homeworld of Humanity?

1. Coruscant (Notron/Imperial Center/Yuuzhan'tar)

59.3%
  2. Corellia

7.4%
  3. Another important Core World

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tatooine

7.4%
  5. Somewhere in the Tion Cluster

7.4%
  6. Created by other advanced species (Force Demons, Celestials, Rakata)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Created by the Force

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. From different worlds unrelated to each other

3.7%
  9. Earth

11.1%
  10. Another planet

3.7%
  1. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Despite being set a long time ago in another galaxy, Star Wars features Humans looking almost exactly like those on Earth.

Nearly all species (except those created artifically) have a homeplanet were the evolved through evolution, later many of them settled other planets. Humans are the majority of galactic population, Core and Colonies are dominated by them, the standard planet has a Human population, but which one is their homeworld where they originated from?

In-universe, wars were fought because of this question.

A lot of sources point to Coruscant (ancient name: Notron), from there they've started colonizing the Core, and if Humans are the most numerous and important species, why shouldn't their home be the most densely populated and important planet in the galaxy? Otherwise, the old EGtPaM points against it, by mentioning it was to cold to naturally support Human live. The earlist showing of this species in Star Wars lore tells the Human Battalions of Zhell fighting the Taung on Notron 200,000 ABY.

Alsakan fought about the answer to this question several wars with 'scant. Out-of-universe works make clear it is one of Coruscant's colonies.

Corellia makes claims, too, but because the system has been created artifically, it is unlikely. See further down for another theory.

KOTOR hinds at Tatooine. The tribal chief in the Tusken enclave tells a story about a species being taken away or leaving the planet which looks similiar to Revan's, while HK-47 mentions something about mankind being ancestrally linked to Tatooine. Dawn of the Jedi shows Tatooine inhabited by Kumumgah at 25,700 BBY. It's still possible if all Humans left the planet earlier and Kumumgah are their descendants.

A planet somewhere in the Tion Cluster is another possiblity (forgot the reason why^^). They showed up there since 27,000 ABY.

Creation by the Rakata (maybe on Lehon, then), is discussed as an option in fandom sometimes, but since Humans at least existed since 200,000 ABY, the Rakata founded the Infinite Empire 35,000 BBY, enslaved them on Coruscant and Corellia, it is cannot be.

Creation through the Mother Machine, the Mother Machine is known for creating some of the sentient species.

Seeding by Celestials, "the Architects" who created some astronomical features of the galaxy maybe just creating Humans through genetic enginering/the Force to bring them to many planets, most of them in the Core or seed their genetic code.

Conclusional evolution, makes sense, if Humans appear on Earth and the Star Wars galaxy unrelated to each other, you could make a step further and claim them to have evolved on different worlds within the Star Wars galaxy unrelated to the others.

Earth, yes this Earth. An unpublished non-canon novel called "Alien Exodus" has 5000 Humans from Earth fleeing a tyranny of robots (the world of Lucas' first film "THX 1338") with an old mining ship on a multi-generational journey to the next star system (Alpha Centauri). Through an interdimensional wormhole they end up in a galaxy, far gar away over a planet which they name Corellia after their leader Antonia Corelli. But, thank the Force, it is unpublished and non-canon!

Greetings, Adrian the Cool

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Basically it’s just the Tionese saying that Coruscant is actually a lost colony and that humans first came from the Tion Cluster. Which let’s be honest, since no one is sure, sounds just as likely as anything else.

3. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    There's so much evidence pointing to Coruscant I don't think it's even much of a question.

Personally I see the claims of other planets about as reliable as the Chinese scientists who claimed the humans originated in China, not Africa.

4. Adrian the Cool

Sep 3, 2012
    In Tolkien's legendarium (LOTR, The Hobbit) Humans awoke in the far east of Middle-Earth in Hildorien, that - because Arda is a fictional past of our world - would be today's China.

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Waitwaitwait.

"Almost"?

6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Well, we seem to have less white people on Earth.

7. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    While it is unlikely that humans were created by another ancient species, the evidence for significant manipulation and/or seeding by an earlier iteration of galactic civilization is very high. Likewise some sort of directed meddling followed by panspermia events is almost necessitated to explain the abundance of Near-human and closely related to human humanoid species found across the galaxy.

In-universe this means that proving the origins of humanity to any reasonable standard is effectively impossible. It is also, as a practical and mostly cultural matter, largely irrelevant. The modern Star Wars human species retains very, very little connection to its origins, in fact possibly the least of any species we've seen, even other species that lack a homeworld. The battles between the Battalions of Zhell and the Taung, for example, mean a whole heck of a lot more to the Taung and their latter day emulators the Mandolorians than they do to any human population.

8. Adrian the Cool

Sep 3, 2012
    On Earth there are no people who look or could look without extensive plastic surgery like Anakin Skywalker, Emperor Cosinga Palpatine II, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Darth Traya, Moff Trachta, the old guy on Onderon from TOTJ or Darth Malak, besides Earth don't has so many white males living on it like the Star Wars galaxy.

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    If Duros are from Duro, we can Extrapolate that Humans are from Huma.

tjace, Gorefiend and CooperTFN like this.
  10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

11. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Who the hell is Palpatine the 2? And Trachta did have extensive reconstructive surgery, after all a grenade blew up next to him. The rest is force related also the current Pope looks so much like the Emperor it is outright hilarious.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Palpatine was likely named Cosinga, after his father.

It's weird, but most real-life leaders seemed to be named after (and greatly surpass) their fathers.

13. Adrian the Cool

Sep 3, 2012
    CooperTFN Anakin Skywalker in his final minutes on the Second Death Star.
    @Gorefriend The rightful ruler of the entire galaxy, his majesty Galactic Emperor Cosinga Palpatine II. (he never used his first name). I don't think without the Force (there is no Force on Earth) a normal man would be able to survive like Trachta did.

14. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    You mean after Anakin had spent 20 years inside the armor? Of course he is going to be deathly pale, and the scars are from Mustafar.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Even if he were the case, he'd still have "I" as his regnal number. Secondly, he's known as Emperor Palpatine and not Emperor [First Name], so it's unclear that standard monarchical naming conventions apply (this may be finessed by Luceno's explanation that he dropped his first name, but note that Roan Fel is referred to as "Emperor Fel" rather than "Emperor Roan;" of course, the Second Empire might not know what it's doing, since it's a Rimkin creation).

tjace, Gorefiend and Ulicus like this.
  16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, the whole "Fel III" thing kind of threw me. Was that just a fan convention, or was he actually referred to as Fel III at some point? I forget.

(More importantly: does the Felpire allow for matrilineal marriages? Will we see the Draco dynasty following Marasiah's reign and game over for the Fel player? :p)

17. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    As Jello said he cant be Emperor Palpatine II if his father was not Emperor. :pIf he is the first Palpatine Emperor he is Palpatine I. As on Trachta they have superior Medicine in the GFFA and Trachta seems to be the kind of person who actually just gets stronger by having such stuff happen to him, I actually know a few people like that.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Uli: Fel III was so pervasive on Lit that I forget if it was ever used in the comics or not... I'm just hoping it's a Lit convention.

19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    So Earth Human + horrible injury = GFFA human. Got it.

Gorefiend likes this.
  20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's a Lit convention.

Ulicus likes this.
  21. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    There's not really much evidence for Coruscant beyond a bunch of primitive humans living here at some point in the past, which doesn't prove anything. The fact that Coruscant's natural climate isn't conducive to human life should point conclusively away from Coruscant, if anything.

darthscott3457 and Gorefiend like this.
  22. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I know I am in the minority, but I sort of like the Earth connection, just maybe not in the way Alien Exodus was going to do it.

Though having humans evolve on two different galaxies/planets, sort of ala Battlestar Galatica, is fine in my book too. I don't think Coruscant is a slam dunk case either, for the habitability issues as mentioned above. Having an advanced race of aliens involved in h8umna evolution would definitely be my least favorite idea.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oldest known human world which sends colonies to seed other worlds?

24. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Which would be convincing evidence, yet not absolute proof......if Coruscant's natural climate hadn't been established to be inconsistent with the evolutionary development of humans.

Just accept that we'll probably never really know. Which is by design.

25. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    well we've got pretty extensively conclusive evidence that humanity evolved here on Earth, and pretty much no evidence that humanity evolved anywhere in that galaxy far, far away, so... I'd say Earth's a pretty good bet.