main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JC.N GL Official Screenie album

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Connemara, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm hoping to create a huge screenie album, containing as many screenies of the new games as well as the old as possible. Me and Sithy have been working on this idea all week, and haven't really gotten anywhere. I'm wondering if anyone here has any ideas.
    What I'm looking for is something where we can post a bunch of pics on a page, that can be clicked on and enlarged (if possible), and can have several adjoining pages. It would also be nice, if possible, to have different sections (Like Old JC.N GL, Group Screenies, Funny Screenies, stuff liek that). Do any of you have any ideas where I can make something like this, and post it on the web for all to see?

And do any of you have screenies of the old or new games? I want any and all screenies!

Anyway, if anyone can help with this, I would be very grateful :)

2. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    ask jade when she comes back, she has like a cd FULL of screenies.

3. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Had you brought this up in the beginning of the summer, such an undertaking would be possible for me. It's school time for me, unfortunately.

4. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    School for me all summer.. whats the point danny.

5. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    The point is that I can't do this album thingie because school takes up too much of my time.

6. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Bah, well, can you at least recommend a way me and/or someone else does it?

7. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Just occured to me that I probably wouldn't do it anyway. For all that uploading you'd have to do and actually waiting for crap to load, all of those screenshots would be next to impossible for someone on 56k.

So you have to narrow it down to people with broadband or people with incredible patience and 56k. And I'm sure there are templates for photo albums all over the place. I bet tripod has some crappy html editor all set up for photo books (crappy for most things, but might be perfect for the kind of thing you're looking at doing).

8. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    i still archive all my cs stuff... and i have some of jades stuff too i think..

9. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    You're welcome to make and post a CS album, too, AA, but what I'm making is strictly JK/MotS.

And Sithy tried working with Tripod, and had no luck. Once again, this seems like a job for Pret (or at least maybe he could tell us what to do) but he's not around these days :( GRRR

10. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    html works.. dont you know html?

11. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Yeah, you'd really only need very basic html knowledge to do what you're talking about. Or download so wysiwyg editor and ***** it if you don't want to learn a few tags.

But flanders knows some html I believe, so he might be able to.

12. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    im to lazy to do this BUT
    if someone sets up a ftp, and sets up a http server, you can upload pics, and there is a program that will make thumbnails of that pic and put them on a page.

pretty simple requires like zero effort.

and you could have a name like http://jc.nglpics.dhs.org

13. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Bah, the Flan man gave up on it. He was bein lazy :p

My comp is too slow to upload pics, so the thing is, I need to find someone with a cable modem (or a lot of patience), who knows how to do html, or something. I know, it's a tall order, but there must be some caring soul out there who would like to go down in the history of the JC as the creator of the great Screenie Album. Right?

14. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Wrong.

15. Knju_Daot

Knju_Daot Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2001
    LOL dan,....

16. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I think the JC.N GL died shortly after I arrived. Not because of me cause I wasn't an ******* then, just the whole point was lost.

I think we all need to respect it's passing and look to the one thing that can ever bring it back. The one thing we all looked to, to have fun. Krayt. It is said that Krayt Tion will bring light unto our Darkest Hour.

Until all are one.

17. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Lol...Bib, that was unchacteristically deep. :p

But seriously, the JC.N GL has far from died. What do you think me, Sithy, Han, SEA, SFL, JP, Howl, and several others are? I do agree, the *old* JC.N GL is dead, no doubt about that. We all wish it could come back, but alas, I have little hope for that. And I caught it at the tail end- I hear it was far better in the old days.

My only hope is that one day the new JC.N GL will rise to the old's former glory. And to help it along, we need a screenie album. :) So come on all you cable users, pitch in to make a legend! ;)

18. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    oi!

That was all quoted from Transformers: The Movie.

19. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    oi oi oi

Rather than blaming the collapse of the real jcn gl on members which is impossible anyway because we were tight for the most part i prefer blaming it on lec and their pathetic incompetency in the last 4 years

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    1.) I only gave up after trying the thing for several hours with 3 different websites.

2.) How could you forget good ol' Poodles when you listed the new JC.NGLers?

~Sithy~

21. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm willing to make a website! :D

I do have a lot of free time on my hands. I need to use it. :)

I'm just waiting for someone to say go straight ahead!

Also, what should I call it? ?[face_plain]

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I think we all need to respect it's passing and look to the one thing that can ever bring it back. The one thing we all looked to, to have fun. Krayt. It is said that Krayt Tion will bring light unto our Darkest Hour. Until all are one.

Bib> "That was all quoted from Transformers: The Movie;"

Krayt Tion is a transformer? Autobot or decepticon?

And uh, I can do web coding if anyone needs a hand with it, though I'm not volunteering to build an photo album. I'm helping with some Mod skins, remember!

(spam alert) Here's the latest site I built (no Star Wars content)... Dimmer

Oh, you can find automated thumbnailed photo albums at places like this;

http://www.photopoint.com/

Maybe this is the sort of thing you need to have a JC.N gallery? If one was set up, and we all had the password, we could all upload images...

Edit: Just noticed photopoint now charges a membership fee for galleries of over 10 pictures. Bah! But I'm sure there are similar, free (with banner ads) sites out there. I'll get back to you on that...

23. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Krayt is our Matrix of Leadership.

24. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
  25. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I have a week and a half left. And that is taken up by a three day vacation, 7 pages of typed reports (thankfully I started that already) and a 400 page chemistry book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.