main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO (The Longest Journey series part 3) Dream Fall Chapters Kick starter!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Yodahasgreenfeet, Feb 9, 2013.

?

Have you ever played the Longest Journey

Poll closed Feb 9, 2023.
  1. yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. I started it but never finished it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey/

If you have never played the Longest Journey before...play it. It's a classic and a must play. You should all really give it a chance you can buy it on line for like 10 dollars right now or so. It's a true classic. It's one of the best games I've played and I played it just this year, it's an old game but still one of the best adventure games out there. Dream Fall...it was a ok game but not the classic that the Longest Journey was.
    [​IMG]

2. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    http://www.gamespot.com/the-longest-journey/user-reviews/platform/pc/

Here are multiple reviews stating it's one of the best adventure games ever...and it truly is. Ok, I like it so much that I would pay 10 dollars just to play it again!

There is like 20 pages or reviews stating that it's the best thing since sliced bread. You got to try this game if you ever played anything from the adventure game genre. Now that I've over hyped it you might not love it as much but it's a good game.

3. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
  4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Eh,I liked TLJ a lot but not Dreamfall. I'm not really invested in it any more. Don't think I'll be KS this one though I may buy it in a steam sale years in the future.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Agreed. I never even finished Dreamfall. I just got bored.

6. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    The thing about Dreamfall was that for the most part it was obscenely dumbed down in game play. I understand your disappointment. I was disappointed too but still want to see how the story turns out. Thanks guys!

Only two adventure genre gamers...

7. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    There's a few others out there but we are few and far between. I tried to make a topic about The Walking Dead game a while back and it was mostly ignored, even when it started making every Game of the Year list. I think it's locked now due to lack of responses. :(

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Walking Dead, along with the first two Longest Journeys, are on my ever-growing list of games to play.

Also, over the winter holidays I purchased the Sierra bundle from GOG (all "Quest" games for $20). I'm an adventure gamer dammit. :p

9. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    Sierra games are mostly hard...if you die or get the wrong items you're boned.

Lucas Arts is generally alot more simplified as are most adventure games.
    But I loved the GK series. Well honestly I played GK one loved it, started GK two but never finished it.

OHHH check this out guys
    !

You can play using mouse only and keyboard. In my opinion that is the best combination for adventure games. I love having that combo.

Anyone here ever play Gray Matter by the way?

10. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Gabriel Knight 2 was my favorite in the series. It was the rare FMV game that actually worked.

11. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Yeah I tried to play GK2 but I couldn't get past the hammy FMVs and the horrible long walking sequences etc (like when going to the lawyer's office).

GK1 is one of my favourites though. Genuinely creepy game.

I just missed out on that bundle Boba_Fett_2001. I ended up buying just a few of them separately instead. I also bought Walking Dead but am yet to play it.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Buying only a few was probably a better idea. I purchased that bundle fully aware that I probably won't get around to playing through all of them. :p

13. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    That did bother me but I stopped playing after I discovered it wanted me to edit tapes. I loved the first game, I will probably try the second again some time but for now... I got kind of a meh feeling about it.

Anyways the next game is in production now. Also did you guys know? Broken Sword 5 is in production now, it's returning back to the 2D look with 3D rendered back grounds I think... something of that effect.

Also, there's another Siberia coming out.

Speaking of hammy, who here has played Simon the Sorcerer 3D? I honestly almost played through the entire game once.

14. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    "Thomas? Herr Dr. Klingman here. Show our wolves to Mr. Knight." Wow, I can't believe I still remember that. :p

I could never get into Simon 3D. Nowhere near as good as the first two.

15. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I finally gave up after hiding a cuckoo clock in a plant to distract some snooty waiter.

Also the third Gabriel Knight game has the most famous 'stupid puzzle' ever.

16. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Is that the one where you have to steal Mosley's ID to rent a motorcycle?

Picture on ID has no mustache. Gabriel has no mustache. Solution? Draw a mustache on the ID and then wear a fake mustache!

17. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Yes it is. Also you have to make a fake mustache out of cat hair and maple syrup.

18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    And you need a hat and Mosley's jacket....because those are necessary to match a stolen ID.

As weird as it sounds, I always liked those random stupid puzzles. Except for the "monkey wrench" in Monkey Island 2. Who would EVER possibly think of using a real live monkey to turn off a water pump?

19. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I thought that was funny though it was very difficult because we call those tools shifters.

Thread is now about dumb puzzles in adventure games. Ur-example: 'Rumpelstiltskin' in King's Quest 1.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  20. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Two words from Escape from Monkey Island still send shivers down my spine: Monkey. Kombat.