main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General ~*The Lord of the Rings Discussion thread*~ (FOTR, TTT and ROTK-spoilers blacked out please)

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Jedi_Humaira_Blaine, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Okay, this thread actually got auto-locked so I'm unlocking and literally "kicking" it back to life people! ;)

So let's get chatting shall we? Hmm, Matt I'll post ASAP about your last bookmark, plus I'll tell you where I am in ROTK. Yep, believe it or not I have barely been reading it since my studies took over...

But now I finally have some time. I wanna finish ROTK pronto. :D

Bookmark

In the Palantir scene in the book, even Aragorn had a bit of a nasty encounter didn't he? If I remember correctly, he wasn't exactly immune to the power of the stone...or should I say Sauron working through it? :confused:

much greater sense of danger...Merry and Pippin farewell

That scene definitely heightened the whole feeling didn't it? I remember in the other films they faced dangers together and that was some source of strength to the hobbits bit this time they were all alone. Except for Frodo and Sam...of course their journey was the scariest of all. :(

Brad Douriff's Wormtongue would certainly add that sinister bit to ROTK. :D As would Saruman the White. Christopher Lee's voice and presence will add that bit of scariness to the first bit. :)

other Rangers in RotK

I think so...I am in the chapter titled The Seige of Gondor and I've finally been able to catch up with the character closest to my heart, [face_love] Faramir. :) I love reading about his storyline. :)

Oh and that would mean I've read the chapter covering the Paths of the Dead. Hmm...I have a bit of an opinion as to the book version Vs. the film version of that particular bit. ;)

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks for unlocking the thread Pash, where would we be without it??? ;)

Okay, just a quick post from me. I have now watched the Extended Edition of RotK and I love it!! :D

I will go into more details if you like Pash but I don't want to spoil things for you, but if you have no objections then please let me know, thanks :)

I'll also respond to the recent bookmark later, as it does link in nicely with the EE DVD ;)

3. Luminara_Sai

Luminara_Sai Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Oh wow, Lord of the Rings fans on a Star Wars website...lol :D I'm a huge LOTR fan meself...I really can't wait to get my hands on my extended dvd! Its wrapped up and hidden in this house somewhere...*starts searching frantically but fails for the thousandth time to find it* :p LOTR rules!

4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Well, then join in the chat you must, Luminara. ;)

Forgive me if I'm a little behind you two. I haven't got the EE version of ROTK yet. :( That might take a bit... :p

I have the other 2 DVDs-both EE versions. [face_dancing]

5. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Upping to prevent locking of thread... :)

6. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Cool, a LotR related thread in a SW forum! I love all of Tolkien's works. PJ...uh, not really, although I have to admit he did a rather good job considering how much time he had. =P

Just out of curiousity, anyone here from the Plaza? (lotrplaza.com)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.